COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron

<< < (2237/2278) > >>

Fmr. Gov. NickG:
Quote from: SnowLabrador on September 25, 2022, 08:37:42 AM

Putting a piece of cloth over your face isn't that much of an inconvenience.

How much an an "inconvenience" this is is really subjective.

And I would think that based on your everyday interactions with other people, you would understand that the vast majority of people do not agree that wearing a mask "isn't that much of an inconvenience".

Most people would gladly (and perfectly rationally) give up years of their life expectance if the alternative were constantly wearing a mask indoors.  In this context, it's really not unreasonable for people to reject mask mandate in the face of a virus that has as low of a mortality rate as covid.

I had covid during the Omicron wave and felt horrible for two days.  But I would certainly rather experience getting covid every year for the rest of my life if the other option were wearing a mask.

HagridOfTheDeep:
It’s not the inconvenience of wearing a mask one time. It’s the inconvenience of wearing a mask every time, forever. Many of the people who still wear masks can’t clearly communicate what it will need to take for them to stop. That’s scary, because the situation with the virus really has come such a long way. Most other people have realized that what’s going on with COVID now is what will be going on with COVID next year, which is what will be going on with COVID the year after that and the year after that.

At this point you’re either in it forever or you’re not. I’d rather not be, and I’d rather my logic stay consistent. If you’re going to change your mind and stop wearing masks in five months, it’s not because the science will have changed—it’s because you will have tired of it. And if that’s your thinking, why waste the next five months wearing a mask?

Frodo:
There is plenty of blame to go around for these alarmingly low numbers:

Few Americans get new covid booster shot ahead of projected winter surge

jamestroll:
Quote from: Frodo on October 08, 2022, 01:11:32 AM

There is plenty of blame to go around for these alarmingly low numbers:

Few Americans get new covid booster shot ahead of projected winter surge

Maybe if the left sold vaccines as a protection against severe illness instead of stopping infection.. maybe if the left didn't push covid measures once vaccines came into wide distribution... we would have better numbers.

It was always anti-science to sell vaccines for a corona virus as stopping any infection. It was always anti science to ignore developmental delays of children..

cg41386:
Yes, it's all the left's fault.

Well the left handled covid EXTREMELY poorly.

No, they didn't, TROLL. See, I can randomly CAPITALIZE, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page