COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:13:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 ... 456
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 535918 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11000 on: July 15, 2022, 09:04:11 AM »

Now Australia is having a 4th COVID wave because a small minority of the population don't want to get vaccinated.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-update-victoria-alfred-hospital-melbourne-pause-elective-surgery-covid-19-cases-climb/5cb659c7-0fa1-44b1-a7c2-e5d2cf1ed2e6

And working staff in Australia post-COVID are just piss weak ineffective. With such low unemployment, parts of society that should never ever be employed are in jobs making life difficult for the general population.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11001 on: July 15, 2022, 12:37:36 PM »

Why is nobody talking about the fact that the US won't be able to purchase the next generation of vaccines? F**k, I have this f**king country!
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11002 on: July 15, 2022, 12:51:08 PM »

Ukraine is a far more pertinent issue these days than COVID, and the COVID thread is still stickied. Either both should be or neither.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #11003 on: July 15, 2022, 01:55:55 PM »

I’m doing it out of concern for my grandmother.

Do you guys have people in your lives you wish to keep around as long as possible?

Your mentality in doing your best to avoid getting others sick is one that many more should have, even if doesn't mean transmitting a fatal or otherwise severe illness.

If there's anything the past 2.5 years has taught me, it's that so many people are incredibly ignorant and/or inconsiderate. It seems to be a very prevalent mindset in this country. It's like the people that go to work sick (when they actually have sick days) and get others around them sick. That is a very common mindset in this country. But it's not just that. Many people seem to have no issue going out in public when they're sick and getting others sick in the process.

Ukraine is a far more pertinent issue these days than COVID, and the COVID thread is still stickied. Either both should be or neither.

I see 514 pages of the war stickied in International General Discussion.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #11004 on: July 15, 2022, 03:08:28 PM »

I was at the Arch in St. Louis last weekend, and they had a giant sign out front declaring what that day's covid level was and whether you needed to wear masks.  Fortunately, it was "medium" last weekend, so masks weren't required.  We were lucky because I've heard they're strict, and they've been required all but two or three weeks since early June (and are now required again).

Meanwhile, here, we've been lowered from "high" to "medium", but I would have never known that the three "covid risk colors" even existed without the internet because I've never once heard someone in TN make mention of them.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11005 on: July 15, 2022, 06:31:56 PM »

Do you guys have people in your lives you wish to keep around as long as possible?

Your mentality in doing your best to avoid getting others sick is one that many more should have, even if doesn't mean transmitting a fatal or otherwise severe illness.

If there's anything the past 2.5 years has taught me, it's that so many people are incredibly ignorant and/or inconsiderate. It seems to be a very prevalent mindset in this country. It's like the people that go to work sick (when they actually have sick days) and get others around them sick. That is a very common mindset in this country. But it's not just that. Many people seem to have no issue going out in public when they're sick and getting others sick in the process.

I see 514 pages of the war stickied in International General Discussion.

The Ukraine thread on this forum which was 30 something pages was unstickied, but the international COVID thread is still stickied as well. I had COVID two weeks ago, no big deal, just a flu. Time to move on.

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #11006 on: July 16, 2022, 08:15:56 AM »

I am social media friends with a woman who recently tested positive alongside her husband (but not her toddler). They are experiencing symptoms. A day after their positive test, they took their child to get a haircut. No masks on any of them, and the woman cutting the kids hair was older.

Total idiocy, pure selfishness, and a complete disregard for human life.

She's a Republican, by the way.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #11007 on: July 16, 2022, 12:08:25 PM »

President Biden needs to denounce mask-wearing. It makes us look like a dystopian society.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11008 on: July 16, 2022, 03:59:24 PM »

The Ukraine thread on this forum which was 30 something pages was unstickied, but the international COVID thread is still stickied as well. I had COVID two weeks ago, no big deal, just a flu. Time to move on.

It doesn't make much sense to have a separate thread for Ukraine in this forum.

I don't want the flu either. Hell, I don't even want a cold. I don't like getting sick. I thought that was sort of common sense.

I am social media friends with a woman who recently tested positive alongside her husband (but not her toddler). They are experiencing symptoms. A day after their positive test, they took their child to get a haircut. No masks on any of them, and the woman cutting the kids hair was older.

Total idiocy, pure selfishness, and a complete disregard for human life.

She's a Republican, by the way.

You probably didn't need to include the last sentence. I pretty much assumed as much. But like I said above, it's not even just the risk of fatal illness. Even if I have a cold, I don't try to go out and about and spread my germs. It is a pretty awful mentality. It goes back to the toxic hyper-individualism that I've commented on before. It's all about me, myself, and I. A minor inconvenience to benefit others can't be tolerated by some.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11009 on: July 16, 2022, 07:27:55 PM »

It doesn't make much sense to have a separate thread for Ukraine in this forum.

I don't want the flu either. Hell, I don't even want a cold. I don't like getting sick. I thought that was sort of common sense.

Okay, so wear your mask forever. No one is stopping you. Leave the rest of us alone.
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #11010 on: July 16, 2022, 07:33:38 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2022, 08:11:58 PM by TheTide »

You probably didn't need to include the last sentence. I pretty much assumed as much. But like I said above, it's not even just the risk of fatal illness. Even if I have a cold, I don't try to go out and about and spread my germs. It is a pretty awful mentality. It goes back to the toxic hyper-individualism that I've commented on before. It's all about me, myself, and I. A minor inconvenience to benefit others can't be tolerated by some.

How far does one take this? For example I am a hideously scruffy bastard who has probably caused all kinds of sickness in others via mere walking around in public due to the shocking state of my appearance. Should I change the way I look for the benefit of others? Should I just not go out in public at all? It's quite a puzzle.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11011 on: July 16, 2022, 08:33:20 PM »

Okay, so wear your mask forever. No one is stopping you. Leave the rest of us alone.

That isn't what I'm saying. I'm saying there is a time and a place for masks. People like you seem to think it's the most egregious violation of human rights ever.

How far does one take this? For example I am a hideously scruffy bastard who has probably caused all kinds of sickness in others via mere walking around in public due to the shocking state of my appearance. Should I change the way I look for the benefit of others? Should I just not go out in public at all? It's quite a puzzle.

I would say that if you know you're sick and feel like sh-t, it's probably a good idea to wear a mask in public so you don't infect others. If you think you might be sick, err on the side of caution and prevention.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11012 on: July 16, 2022, 08:37:15 PM »

That isn't what I'm saying. I'm saying there is a time and a place for masks. People like you seem to think it's the most egregious violation of human rights ever.

True, those places are called medical facilities. I have no issue wearing a mask at the doctor for the rest of my life. Anywhere else? Passe and close to pointless.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11013 on: July 17, 2022, 12:12:13 AM »

True, those places are called medical facilities. I have no issue wearing a mask at the doctor for the rest of my life. Anywhere else? Passe and close to pointless.

Enjoy all that smoke, paint, metal, dust and other particulates in your lungs - or spend your entire life never making a single damned thing while avoiding painting, fires, construction and industrial spaces.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11014 on: July 17, 2022, 09:50:37 PM »

Damn it! Take off your MASKS NOW!!!!
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #11015 on: July 19, 2022, 06:28:15 AM »

Mask-wearing is the second worst thing next to the Holocaust. The pandemic is OVER... as I have learned in my two weeks at Fox News Medical School.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11016 on: July 19, 2022, 07:35:02 PM »

Mask-wearing is the second worst thing next to the Holocaust. The pandemic is OVER... as I have learned in my two weeks at Fox News Medical School.

Why are people so defensive about CLOTH MASKS? which clearly are useless
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #11017 on: July 21, 2022, 01:29:35 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2022, 06:28:24 PM by Gulf Coast Straussian »

Just went to Chicago for the 1st time in 2 years. It is a completely different planet regarding covid compared to anywhere else I have been. I had a meeting with the Dean of my Alma mater and I and I planned on getting a haircut from my old Barber beforehand. When when I walked in for my appointment the 1st thing they did was shove a mask in my face, and it turned out they are not even offering beard trims. I ended up having to get a haircut somewhere else, which was no problem because it was a very good haircut anyway. And then last night when I went to to get a hotel karma they were not even allowing people into the Robbie because of "covid concerns on" oh. When I said I was surprised that the county was still making them do that, they said it was not the county and that was their own choice because" covid is out of control right now on" . Of course that might have had something to do with the fact that both the people working there probably weigh 400 pounds. While on campus I saw a petition from petition from a group called "students for disability Justice" or something along those lines calling for the school to return it's old mask mandate and go back to remote learning.. The petition said in its text that even if covid were to cease to exist they Still think universal masking should be required because of the cold and flu.

I feel like I just walked through a portal into an alternate universe. I have not seen anything like this in a long time, even in very liberal places.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #11018 on: July 21, 2022, 01:35:23 PM »

Just went to Chicago for the 1st time in 2 years. It is a completely different planet regarding covid compared to anywhere else I have been. I had a meeting with the Dean of my Alma mater and I and I planned on getting a haircut from my old Barber beforehand. When when I walked in for my appointment the 1st thing they did was shove a mask in my face, and it turned out they are not even offering beer trims. I ended up having to get a haircut somewhere else, which was no problem because it was a very good haircut anyway. And then last night when I went to to get a hotel karma they were not even allowing people into the Robbie because of "covid concerns on" oh. When I said I was surprised that the county was still making them do that, they said it was not the county and that was their own choice because" covid is out of control right now on" . Of course that might have had something to do with the fact that both the people working there probably weigh 400 pounds. While on campus I saw a petition from petition from a group called "students for disability Justice" or something along those lines calling for the school to return it's old mask mandate and go back to remote learning.. The petition said in its text that even if covid were to cease to exist they Still think universal masking should be required because of the cold and flu.

I feel like I just walked through a portal into an alternate universe. I have not seen anything like this in a long time, even in very liberal places.

I went to Chicago a few weeks ago but didn't see many masks. But I was mostly on the south side, not the north side that's full of yuppies.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #11019 on: July 21, 2022, 01:52:58 PM »

Just went to Chicago for the 1st time in 2 years. It is a completely different planet regarding covid compared to anywhere else I have been. I had a meeting with the Dean of my Alma mater and I and I planned on getting a haircut from my old Barber beforehand. When when I walked in for my appointment the 1st thing they did was shove a mask in my face, and it turned out they are not even offering beer trims. I ended up having to get a haircut somewhere else, which was no problem because it was a very good haircut anyway. And then last night when I went to to get a hotel karma they were not even allowing people into the Robbie because of "covid concerns on" oh. When I said I was surprised that the county was still making them do that, they said it was not the county and that was their own choice because" covid is out of control right now on" . Of course that might have had something to do with the fact that both the people working there probably weigh 400 pounds. While on campus I saw a petition from petition from a group called "students for disability Justice" or something along those lines calling for the school to return it's old mask mandate and go back to remote learning.. The petition said in its text that even if covid were to cease to exist they Still think universal masking should be required because of the cold and flu.

I went to Chicago a few weeks ago but didn't see many masks. But I was mostly on the south side, not the north side that's full of yuppies.

I did not spend any time on the north side. The college and barber are on the south side. The hotel was in Elgin.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #11020 on: July 21, 2022, 01:54:10 PM »

It's stickied on the International board, duh.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #11021 on: July 21, 2022, 05:57:03 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2022, 06:57:05 PM by Meclazine »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-22/us-president-joe-biden-has-covid/101259790

Joe Biden has to be careful now thar he has COVID. The mortality rate in his age group is high.

The mortality rate has dropped however with each subvariant, particularly with a higher vaccination rate in the community.

The Vice President appeared on TV reacting to the news that Joe Biden has COVID.

Kamala Harris

https://youtu.be/C8Oe_D5svog
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11022 on: July 21, 2022, 07:35:12 PM »

He's quadruple vaxxed, is taking the COVID pill, and will get the full gamut of treatments if things start going south like it did for Trump. I think it's unlikely he dies.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #11023 on: July 21, 2022, 08:16:03 PM »

Wish I knew which variant I had. I tested positive June 30, so I’m guessing not BA.5?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11024 on: July 22, 2022, 06:29:29 PM »

I dont get it. Why are liberals so defensive of cloth masks ?
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 ... 456  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies