COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 12:51:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 ... 456
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 547565 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10175 on: February 16, 2022, 11:50:58 AM »

The Cruelty Is the Point: The Past, Present, and Future of the Left's America

And that's just the outdoor mask mandate. The indoor masking mandate there probably won't be lifted this school year.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10176 on: February 16, 2022, 01:43:43 PM »

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #10177 on: February 16, 2022, 01:54:19 PM »

Let me guess, all of this is to declare "victory" over covid just in time for Biden's SOTU speech? And to hope people forget about what these people did over the last 2 years?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10178 on: February 16, 2022, 01:58:20 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14JNF1qWZzw

Walensky said they "will give people a break" from mask wearing and have the ability to return to mitigations "should things worsen".

I have news for everyone, Covid is going nowhere.  The cases are going to start going back up sooner or later and there are going to be more "waves" this year and in the years to come.  These people have no intention of relinquishing their power or going away quietly.  The only real solution is to remove them and the politicans who defer to them.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10179 on: February 16, 2022, 02:01:33 PM »

Let me guess, all of this is to declare "victory" over covid just in time for Biden's SOTU speech? And to hope people forget about what these people did over the last 2 years?

Its not even that.  The public health officials at the CDC and state-level, plus many Dem leaders have been clear over the last two weeks - The mitigations are going away for now because cases are going down, and will be brought back when they go back up.  The people are clearly tiring of the charade and pulling back now gives them a greater chance of accepting new restrictions later this year.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10180 on: February 16, 2022, 02:29:04 PM »

I am happy to accept any updated guidance from the CDC, which I believe is apolitical and rooted in data & science, although it seems like very few people in this thread feel the same way.
compucomp

« Reply #10181 on: February 16, 2022, 03:04:22 PM »

I am happy to accept any updated guidance from the CDC, which I believe is apolitical and rooted in data & science, although it seems like very few people in this thread feel the same way.

I'm a COVID hawk and I believe the CDC has strayed far from being apolitical and scientific, a rare point of agreement between me and the majority of doves on this forum. Whatever the CDC has been doing, it's clear they need to overhaul public relations and messaging because it has managed to discredit itself to both sides.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10182 on: February 16, 2022, 03:52:05 PM »

U.S. COVID Deaths See a Peak As Cases Take Significant Dive
----------------

As of Monday's update (which it's worth noting seems to have a couple of gaps, albeit not huge ones), our weekly national case load is now back below peak-Delta levels in early September.

When our death rate eventually falls to a similar level, I will be joining Camp 4.

Deaths lag too much, you should use hospitalizations since those lag a bit less.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10183 on: February 16, 2022, 04:34:45 PM »

The public health officials at the CDC and state-level, plus many Dem leaders have been clear over the last two weeks - The mitigations are going away for now because cases are going down, and will be brought back when they go back up.
Sounds... reasonable?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10184 on: February 16, 2022, 04:55:12 PM »

This thread is basically just the same six people jerking each other off about how awful the Dems are for trying to keep people from getting COVID.

A week ago they were insisting the Dems wanted to keep restrictions in place forever so they could "keep their power over us", even on this page they're saying Dems are evil for a school mask mandate.  But of course when the CDC lifts some restrictions they turn around and say, oh it's all political, they're only doing it to help Biden's approval numbers.  They just want to hate Biden and the Dems, that's all there is to it.  It's a purely bad-faith conversation just like 80% of the conversations on this forum.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10185 on: February 16, 2022, 05:32:56 PM »

Here is how a real leader acts

While Biden keeps being "indecisive".
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10186 on: February 16, 2022, 05:49:38 PM »

Quite the bleak joke, coming from the party that wants education to be nothing but right-wing propaganda interspersed with active shooter drills.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10187 on: February 16, 2022, 05:57:25 PM »

More virus rules fall as CDC hints at better times ahead

The title of this article reminds of this Civil War-era song:

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10188 on: February 16, 2022, 06:41:29 PM »

This thread is basically just the same six people jerking each other off about how awful the Dems are for trying to keep people from getting COVID.

A week ago they were insisting the Dems wanted to keep restrictions in place forever so they could "keep their power over us", even on this page they're saying Dems are evil for a school mask mandate.  But of course when the CDC lifts some restrictions they turn around and say, oh it's all political, they're only doing it to help Biden's approval numbers.  They just want to hate Biden and the Dems, that's all there is to it.  It's a purely bad-faith conversation just like 80% of the conversations on this forum.
So…all American political discourse these days?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #10189 on: February 16, 2022, 06:58:46 PM »

And that's just the outdoor mask mandate. The indoor masking mandate there probably won't be lifted this school year.

I wouldn't be surprised if the left starts considering mandatory masking year-round regardless of COVID case rates or vaccination rates, with the justification being to prevent the spread of all contagious diseases. I expect this wing of the left to do that before they back off mask mandates for COVID.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10190 on: February 16, 2022, 07:15:12 PM »

Hybrid immunity offers increased protection that is longer-lasting against Covid-19 reinfection, studies show
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10191 on: February 16, 2022, 08:40:10 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if the left starts considering mandatory masking year-round regardless of COVID case rates or vaccination rates, with the justification being to prevent the spread of all contagious diseases. I expect this wing of the left to do that before they back off mask mandates for COVID.
Are you referring to the voice in the left side of your head?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #10192 on: February 16, 2022, 09:12:35 PM »

I'm referring to the prominent leftwing politicians, pundits, activists, and ordinary leftwing people that are showing absolutely no signs of ever rejecting mask mandates. I've even personally encountered some of the ordinary people on the left that have straight-up told me that they're likely to wear masks publicly after COVID. They're not a reflection of the left in its entirety, but they're a reflection of anxious, security-obsessed people on the left that are becoming more prominent in the Democratic base.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10193 on: February 16, 2022, 09:48:34 PM »

I'm referring to the prominent leftwing politicians, pundits, activists, and ordinary leftwing people that are showing absolutely no signs of ever rejecting mask mandates. I've even personally encountered some of the ordinary people on the left that have straight-up told me that they're likely to wear masks publicly after COVID. They're not a reflection of the left in its entirety, but they're a reflection of anxious, security-obsessed people on the left that are becoming more prominent in the Democratic base.

They're not leftists, they're centrists. There is a difference and that difference needs to be understood. These people are, and always have been, the establishment, the people who refuse any sort of change from status quo.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10194 on: February 16, 2022, 09:48:46 PM »

Isn't it funny that a lot of the statements Trump made in 2020.. make a lot of sense in the Omicron era

SLOW THE TESTING DOWN

ITS JUST LIKE THE FLU

ITS JUST THE SNIFFLES

IT WILL ONE DAY DISAPPEAR

haha
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #10195 on: February 16, 2022, 09:59:24 PM »

LET’S F***ING GO
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #10196 on: February 16, 2022, 10:02:31 PM »

They're not leftists, they're centrists. There is a difference and that difference needs to be understood. These people are, and always have been, the establishment, the people who refuse any sort of change from status quo.

They're not centrists, lol. They may be to the right of whoever you're comparing them to, but that doesn't mean they aren't far to the left of the median voter. You'll notice though that I didn't use the word "leftist" to describe these people because I tend to associate leftists with economic leftism.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10197 on: February 16, 2022, 11:09:21 PM »

Isn't it funny that a lot of the statements Trump made in 2020.. make a lot of sense in the Omicron era

SLOW THE TESTING DOWN

ITS JUST LIKE THE FLU

ITS JUST THE SNIFFLES

haha

So, what's your explanation for all the dead bodies?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10198 on: February 16, 2022, 11:11:48 PM »

SLOW THE TESTING DOWN

ITS JUST LIKE THE FLU

ITS JUST THE SNIFFLES

haha

Based on my convos with him, he doesn't have rational counter-arguments. He just WILL NOT accept COVID measures any longer, period, under any context. Whatever the implications of that are, it's irrelevant to him. The ends justify the means.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10199 on: February 16, 2022, 11:14:26 PM »

SLOW THE TESTING DOWN

ITS JUST LIKE THE FLU

ITS JUST THE SNIFFLES

haha

Based on my convos with him, he doesn't have rational counter-arguments. He just WILL NOT accept COVID measures any longer, period, under any context. Whatever the implications of that are, it's irrelevant to him. The ends justify the means.

So, he's just mentally incapable?  There is quite a bit of that here.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 ... 456  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies