MI - Emerson: Peters +10%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:44:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  MI - Emerson: Peters +10%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI - Emerson: Peters +10%  (Read 1262 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2020, 07:16:58 PM »

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.com/pr/michigan-2020-democrats-hold-10-point-leads-in-presidential-and-us-senate-races

October 6-7
716 likely voters
MoE: 3.6%
Margins calculated pre-rounding

Peters 51%
James 41%
Someone else 2%
Undecided 6%
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 07:20:27 PM »

Makes me wonder to why they're dumping money into this race..

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 07:21:21 PM »

They give us a realistic poll after that MT poll that showed Bullock losing by 9, but Bullock can definitely win while Cooney get blowout by Gianforte, in a blue wave of course
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 07:32:16 PM »

What happened to Memerson. You either trust it or you don't; not just when it shows good news for your side. Lean D, I don't buy Peters wins by 10% just yet.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 07:53:59 PM »

New Poll: Michigan Senator by Emerson College on 2020-10-07

Summary: D: 51%, R: 41%, U: 6%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 08:20:56 PM »

This poll is wrong. Gary Peters is going to lose reelection somewhat easily to John James.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 08:25:09 PM »

This is pre Redneck Rebel bump.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2020, 08:35:11 PM »

wrong but peters won't lose
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2020, 09:13:39 PM »

This poll is wrong. Gary Peters is going to lose reelection somewhat easily to John James.

Just like how Barbara Mikulski lost to Alan Keyes.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 09:30:13 PM »

John James is one of the best Republican Senate recruits in recent memory and he is going to curb stomp Gary Peters badly on November 3rd.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 09:33:19 PM »

John James is one of the best Republican Senate recruits in recent memory and he is going to curb stomp Gary Peters badly on November 3rd.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2020, 09:34:44 PM »

What are you talking about bro? Peters will crack 70%, he’ll probably even win a majority of Registered Republicans. This is titanium D, Markey is more likely to lose tbh imo.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2020, 09:35:11 PM »

Please tell me you're being sarcastic
He's been trolling for the last week over how Republicans are going to net 80 seats in the house due to the sympathy bump
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2020, 09:44:15 PM »

Probably inflating the margin like in Daines' case, but yeah, hard to see how the tidal wave doesn’t save Peters.

What’s the point of this analogy? (asking because you actually made this comment unironically)
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2020, 10:51:07 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2020, 10:58:09 PM by TML »

Probably inflating the margin like in Daines' case, but yeah, hard to see how the tidal wave doesn’t save Peters.

What’s the point of this analogy? (asking because you actually made this comment unironically)

My point is that I think it is more likely that John James is on track to becoming Alan Keyes 2.0.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2020, 11:08:12 PM »

My point is that I think it is more likely that John James is on track to becoming Alan Keyes 2.0.

Alan Keyes was a candidate in different states, also happened to run in the most Democratic states in the country, badly underperformed the partisan lean of the states he chose to run in, underperformed the top of the ticket substantially in all of his races, and was altogether a far worse campaigner than James. The only thing they have in common is that they’re black.

Even if you didn’t choose the analogy for that reason alone, it’s completely ridiculous to compare his chances of beating Peters to Keyes' chances of unseating Mikulski in 2004. James could probably win some statewide race in 2022 if he decided to go for it, although I don’t expect him to. He’s losing not because he’s a "Keyes-tier candidate" but because he had the misfortune of running in two Democratic tidal wave elections.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2020, 11:21:13 PM »

Alan Keyes was a candidate in different states, also happened to run in the most Democratic states in the country, badly underperformed the partisan lean of the states he chose to run in, underperformed the top of the ticket substantially in all of his races, and was altogether a far worse campaigner than James. The only thing they have in common is that they’re black.

Even if you didn’t choose the analogy for that reason alone, it’s completely ridiculous to compare his chances of beating Peters to Keyes' chances of unseating Mikulski in 2004. James could probably win some statewide race in 2022 if he decided to go for it, although I don’t expect him to. He’s losing not because he’s a "Keyes-tier candidate" but because he had the misfortune of running in two Democratic tidal wave elections.

Keyes lost to Mikulski in 1992; it was Obama who defeated him in 2004. But otherwise, I'd agree with this. Another difference is that James is pretty much a generic Republican, who hasn't tied himself too closely to Trump and has made some effort to reach out to black voters. Keyes, on the other hand, was very conservative, made no such effort to reach out to swing or opposing-party voters, and was so bitter about his loss to Obama that he refused to concede the race to him.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2020, 05:17:17 AM »

Makes me wonder to why they're dumping money into this race..

Bc James is the only GOP candidate that's actually raising $$ and McConnell's super pacs are dumping money into this race? I believe they just dumped another $9M in. Would be stupid of Dems to not do anything.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2020, 09:48:49 AM »

What are you talking about bro? Peters will crack 70%, he’ll probably even win a majority of Registered Republicans. This is titanium D, Markey is more likely to lose tbh imo.
Gary Peters is not #Populist 💖 enough and is a very weak and undistinguished politician at best. John James, on the other hand, comes across as a strong candidate despite his atrocious political views, which is enough for him to win this November.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies