Candidate Declaration Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:53:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Candidate Declaration Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Candidate Declaration Thread  (Read 471656 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« on: May 25, 2006, 01:18:46 PM »

I will be running for President of Vice (or Vice-President for the so-called "experts" on the Constitution) with Everett. 1
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 04:27:29 AM »

I withdraw my Vice-Presidential candidacy regardless of whose ticket I am or am not on.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 11:11:54 AM »

Notice of Special Election

At 10:39 am (EDT) today (Sunday 16 July), the Senate expelled Senator Gabu. Gabu had represented District Five in the Senate, and thus a special election is necessary to fill the seat.

Timings
By Law, I am required to begin the special election within 10 days and it must start during a Thursday (on EST times). This restrictions mean it will begin during this Thursday (20 July).

The time at which the election starts is of my choosing, but I must give advance notice of at least three days of this time.

I am formally giving notice now that the election shall begin at 10 a.m. EDT (9 a.m EST, 7 a.m. PDT, 2 p.m. GMT/UTC, 3 p.m. BST). This notice will be reproduced in the Voting Booth (by 10 a.m. tomorrow) as required by Law, and will be reproduced on the ballot paper.

I am slightly concerned that previous regulations promulgated by the DoFA do not accomodate this starting time; For the purposes of this election, those regulations are repealed to the extent necessary to allow my starting time.

Candidacy Declarations
Candidacy declarations will be accepted up to two days in advance of the beginning of the election (at which point absentee voting will open). Whilst Jesus' declaration does not technically conform to regulations laid down by my predecessor, I have decided to ignore the regulations for this instance, and will remove the technicality when I review the regulations. Anybody annoyed at me can sue me.

The last possible time to declare candidacy shall be 10 a.m. EDT on Tuesday. Any candidacy declarations after this point will be treated as laid down in regulations.

Eligibility to be a candidate/voter

Anybody resident in District Five (as portrayed above) last Monday and with at least 100 posts shall be eligible for candidacy in this election.

Anybody resident in District Five last Monday and with at least 25 posts between 10 a.m. EDT 25 May and 10 a.m. EDT 20 July shall be eligible to vote in this election.

Questions
If you have any questions about this notice, or indeed any other forum affairs matter, please feel free to PM me or post questions at the Jim Fritz Forum Affairs Building.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 03:25:14 AM »

No, it's the 12th.  The cutoff is always 10 days before the election, and the election begins the 22nd.

What a curious fiction: Please read Section 7 of the CESRA.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 07:10:56 PM »

I will be a candidate for the Mideast Assembly
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 04:27:56 PM »

I will accept any write-in votes cast for me in the Mideast Assembly elections, but am not a candidate for the ballot.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 02:14:27 PM »

I am a candidate for reelection to the Mideast Assembly
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 08:48:46 AM »

Whilst I am, as ever, out of time, I will accept write-in votes for the election to Mideast Assembly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies