bush beat himself in 2000. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:52:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  bush beat himself in 2000. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: bush beat himself in 2000.  (Read 8528 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: May 29, 2006, 05:50:16 PM »

Did Rove think the polls were wrong in California or something?

I don't understand what they were thinking in 2000 if they did target California. Maybe they weren't trying to win those states in the final weeks (I believe Nym noted that they did this to keep Dem voters home) but if I recall correctly, the Bush campaign tried to make a serious run in the state earlier in the campaign.

I don't know what they were thinking and the same goes for Dole in '96. I remember reading over and over again how the Dole people made an attempt at taking California. How could they be so foolish? Clinton was a popular incumbent Democrat - how does someone like that lose California? What a waste of time, effort and, above all, money. You'd think that the Bush people would know better.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 06:00:54 PM »

the dole campaign did make pushes for states like connecticut, new hampshire, new jersey and pennsylvania.

Conneticut and New Jersey? That was even more foolish idea than trying for California.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 06:11:47 PM »

however, at the time, it didnt seem that radical.  ct and nj were relatively close in 1992.

They were close but did the Dole people think that they could actually make it close in left leaning states against a popular incumbent Democratic President?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies