Peace Party Official NPC Campaign Thread (Feb 2020 Campaign)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:46:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Peace Party Official NPC Campaign Thread (Feb 2020 Campaign)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Peace Party Official NPC Campaign Thread (Feb 2020 Campaign)  (Read 2352 times)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2020, 02:07:28 AM »
« edited: February 13, 2021, 09:01:01 PM by KoopaDaQuick »

Hello, everyone! This is where the Peace Party of Atlasia will be showcasing its NPC campaign speeches and advertisements.

Alabama
Arizona
Colorado
Illinois
Maryland
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Virginia
Washington State

Current Cities Up For Grabs:
New York, NY

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 09:25:18 PM »

New billboards to be hung in Montana and rural areas of Texas respectively.

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 10:30:01 PM »

Hagåtña, Guam

Good afternoon, Guam! I am here in the capital of Guam, Hagåtña. One thing that makes this island is its natural beauty. Its creatures, its landscapes, and everything else. It's evident that God put a lot of heart and soul into this place. This includes many beautiful species native to Guam. However, Guam's animal populations are under threat by brown tree snakes. In fact, 10 out of 12 of Guam's native forest bird species have been lost. And it ain't just about conservation, the island's electrical systems have also been affected by short outs caused by, you guessed it, snakes, which have costed millions of dollars in damages over the past decade. I say we need to do something about this. Ample animal conservation efforts. Improvements in the island's electrical grid. Total elimination of these damn snakes off of this island. And we can do it. So, Guam, let's roll up those sleeves and get to work. Vote Peace in October if you want to get stuff done!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 06:04:42 PM »

Independence, Missouri

Hello, Missouri! I'm here to campaign on behalf of the Peace Party of Atlasia.

One core idea of our party is supporting labor rights. Whether the collar you wear is blue or white, Peace is the party for you. We support giving the working class their fair share. Missouri workers break their backs to keep the cogs of their communities turning, and I believe that us as a party should be able to pay the workers back for their hard work.

More employment benefits. Better compensation for workplace accidents. Higher wages. We know you deserve better treatment, so vote Peace in October if you want yourself and your coworkers to get treaten like kings!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 07:15:30 PM »

Springfield, Missouri

Hello, Springfield. I've arrived to your town to talk about a problem that affects both Greene County and Missouri as a whole: crime and violence. Let me run over some statistics. From 1994 to 2001, there were 9,134 assault injuries reported in Greene County. Law enforcement authorities in this county reported 115 illegal drug lab incidents during 2002, with almost all of these being related to methamphetamine production. Over 8,800 domestic violence incidents were reported in Greene County from 2001 to 2003. All of these stats come from the city's official website itself. I think it's clear that Greene County has seen a lot of trouble with crime and punishment, and the Peace Party wants to do something about it.

If you let us control your state government, Peace plans to enact numerous reforms to help reduce violence and crime all across the Show-Me-State, even in the 417. We need to allow easier access to rehabilitation services to prevent these crimes and help create more functioning members of society. We need to enact police reform so that cops can't abuse their power and cause harm to civilians. We need to make it easier to report crimes without fear or backlash.

We're going to reduce the penalties of drug related offenses. We're going to strictly reform individual police departments across Missouri and make sure police are able to serve safely. We're going to enact regulations in order to make sure that you cannot get a gun unless you are mentally and literally capable of using a firearm.

Let's make Springfield safe again. Vote Peace in October.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 07:44:32 PM »

Columbia, Missouri

Good evening, Columbia! One issue that's affected the people of Missouri and Columbia is poverty. According to the Atlasian Census Bureau, 18.3% of Boone County's population lives below the poverty line. That's 30.6 thousand people. Therefore, it's important for CoMo to find a political party that cares about this issue that affects Columbia, and that's Peace.

The Peace Party wants to help make life easier for Columbia's poverty stricken families. For one, we hope to expand state funding for free and/or reduced lunches for public schools all across Missouri, including in Boone County. We also want to expand, not cut, social safety nets in our state that protect Missourians who don't have the means to do so themselves. Missouri's poor need to be cared for, not neglected.

It's also important that we protect Missourians from entering poverty in the first place. Jefferson City should expand paid family and sick leave so that it's less likely for people to fall into the trap just because they missed work due to unavoidable circumstances. We also need more dang jobs, and we can start by renovating infrastructure and starting giant employment efforts to get Missourians off the couch and ready to punch the clock.

The Athens of Missouri deserves better, and we can start by taking measures to reduce poverty. We've ignored this problem affecting you for long enough, and it's high time to highlight it and actually brainstorm ways to reduce this crisis. Thank you for your time, and Dave bless Columbia!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 11:32:14 PM »

Billboards to be hung in Vermont and Utah respectively. The Utahn sign will be especially present in Utah's largest cities, and the Vermont sign will be put up in rural communities.

P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 12:18:33 AM »

San Francisco, CA
Excerpt from speech campaigning for Peace Party mayoral candidate Alex Martinez (placeholder name)

It's time to remember the power of small things to make incredible change. When Councilwoman Martinez is Mayor of San Francisco, clean streets and a livable environment will be top priorities for the local government! MUNI will work as a world-class public transit system, and cyclists and pedestrians will be supported by the municipal authorities who are supposed to work for them. This city's unique neighborhoods and communities deserve to bloom, and with a truly progressive mayor they can do so, stronger than they ever have!

[…]

Cities are safest when those on the margins of society are cared for, and when they trust that they won't be allowed to fall through the cracks of an uncaring bureaucracy. Mayor Martinez will ensure the right to a home, to meet that basic human need for shelter and protection, and those afflicted by mental illness will be cared for by their society, not thrown in jail.

[…]

This is what peace & justice can look like! On Election Day, vote for San Francisco's values – vote for Alex Martinez!

Solidarity!
✌☮
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 08:54:33 AM »

Very good advertisements Koopa!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 12:01:06 PM »

St. Louis, Missouri

Hello, I'm here in St. Louis, the gateway to the West. I come here today because I want Missouri to rethink crime.

St. Louis has its history with crime trouble. In 2016, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said that this city was the most violent city in Atlasia. I think it's clear that we ought to rethink Atlasia's war on crime, and that starts with stopping the river at its source. That is, we ought to treat the people who could potentially commit crimes before they happen.

The criminal justice system is heavily based in deterrence and harsh punishment. Don't commit these crimes, or else we'll throw you in the slammer. This approach is not very good in my opinion, and it sure as heck hasn't helped in the attempt to make St. Louis a safer place to live in. I say this psychological warfare isn't gonna cut it. We need to rehabilitate, not deter. Give criminals therapy, not a hefty jail sentence. Help get people out of poverty so they don't to resort to theft, don't just ignore the root causes of these crimes. These scare tactics haven't worked in the past, they aren't working right now, and they'll never work any time soon.

Under a Peace administration, we'll put criminal justice reform as a priority, and actually do something to stop crime in the first place. We weird remind our colleagues in Jefferson City that our system is broken and needs heavy reform, and we need you to help us get there. If you want peace of mind, vote Peace in October.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 12:21:16 PM »

Madisonville, Kentucky

Good afternoon, Madisonville. Your town has a lot of hard workers who use their sweat and tears to keep Kentucky going strong. Industrial workers, factory workers, coal workers, you all play a pivotal role in Madisonville's economy. And I come here today because I think Kentucky has what it takes to lead the nation when it comes to reducing our reliance on coal without sacrificing jobs and the economy.

Climate change is a dire problem that needs to be addressed ASAP. We've only got one Earth to use, so we need to do everything we can to prevent the situation from getting worse. I think it's important that we stop using dirty energy and transition to clean energy. And I know we can do it because Kentuckians have the power to do anything. We have a lot of coal workers here in Madisonville, that's a fact. However, we can use these people and their expertise to work cleaner power, such as wind and solar. It's not easy, they're not exactly the same thing. But we have no alternative. I say we need to invest in teaching Kentucky coal workers to help the Commonwealth a greener place to be.

I ask you all to vote Peace for the legislature. Oh yeah, and also vote Labor for governor, they know what they're doing. Peace out, Madisonville! Let's go grink and make our planet and our state better for all!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 02:41:48 PM »

Lexington, Kentucky

Hello, Lexington. I wanna chat about the problems that the current government of Kentucky faces. Frankfort is full of clowns. Clowns that don't care about the people, clowns that don't want real change. All they care about it turning down new ideas that could benefit the commonwealth, and instead opting for sitting on their butts all day, meanwhile Kentuckians like you are thirsty for change...thirsty for a new way to govern Kentucky.

However, the people of the commonwealth are going to vote this October, and they have an opportunity to change that. Frankfort's status quo biases will be in the history books provided that you vote for your Peace nominee for the Kentucky legislature. They all have terrific ideas that will shake the Kentucky State Capitol like a snow globe.

We're going to do a lot when we control Frankfort. We're going to put more money in the legislature so that it comes back to benefit you, the people of Lexington and the people of Kentucky. For far too long, the state has been underfunding programs that benefit Kentuckians. Let me read off a perfect example of this from an article in The River City News about what David Hawpe, former editor of the Courier-Journal and lifelong Kentuckian, thought about Kentucky's problems:

Quote from: These Are the 6 Biggest Challenges Facing Kentucky
Take education. Holding the line in elementary and secondary education funding since 2008 really has meant falling back. And at the higher education level, the story is much worse… more than a 25 percent cut in state funding since 2008, which is $2,649 per student and which has resulted in, for example, a 45 percent tuition skyrocket at UofL. The story is similar on all our public campuses. And the state has no rational strategy for allocating the pitiful higher education funding it does provide. The cuts have hit all areas of state service, but they have been especially frustrating in social services, which has reduced clearly needed help for people who are clearly in need.

And it's not just funding, we also have a lot of other plans to improve the Bluegrass State. We're going to aide the transition from coal to clean energy in Kentucky's coal country. We're going to install efforts to improve the health of Kentucky citizens and make hospitals more equipped to deal with patients, especially during a pandemic. We're going to reduce poverty in Kentucky by instilling programs that will get Kentuckians off their feet. We're going to do so much, but we can't do it without your help. Get out and vote Peace for the Kentucky legislature. Dave bless, and have a wonderful afternoon.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 06:36:41 PM »

North Bennington, Vermont

Hello, Vermont. I'm here in this quaint little corner of southwestern Vermont. You may think that a village of this size wouldn't be interesting, but that's very wrong. The North Bennington Historic District. The Park-McCullough Historic House. The H.C. White site. North Bennington is full of rich history and warm culture. I love to see it. It's stuff like this that makes me glad to be part of the Peace Party. Our party platform encourages the promotion of expressing a community's personality and culture. Under a Peace administration, historic areas like these would be protected. Whether it be places of historic significance, like the Park-McCullough Historic Governor's Mansion, or naturally beautiful places, such as the Mile-Around Woods, it deserves to be cherished in all its beauty. If you, like us, value culture and charm, then you should vote for Peace in October. I love you all, and have a great rest of your evening!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2020, 07:26:25 PM »

Ripton, Vermont

Hello, Riptonites! Riptoners? Riptonians? Anyways, I've been chatting a lot with you people, and I have to say that I love how warm everyone is. This town has 588 people, which may be small by most standards, although I say that it goes to show how much camaraderie and community there is. The people are fantastic, just fantastic. Heck, there's a famous interaction between somephotographers and a Ripton coffee shop owner which y'all have probably heard before. It goes something like this:

PHOTOGRAPHERS: Are there any restrooms near here?

STOREKEEPER: Nope.

PHOTOGRAPHERS: You don't have any yourself?

STOREKEEPER: Only for paying customers.

PHOTOGRAPHERS: OK. We'll have three coffees.

STOREKEEPER: If you're only buying them so you can use the restrooms, I'm not selling you any.

Rural Vermonters really have quite the personality, eh? Anyways, it goes to show how awesome you are. People like you should be served well, and they should be represented well in Montpelier. However, rural Atlasians such as you have been forgotten. They don't get the same treatment as city folk. So when you choose who gets to represent you in the Vermont Legislature, and when you choose who gets to represent the interests of the entire Green Mountain State, go with the party that supports rural interests. Go with Peace.

One proposition I have here is to fix Vermont's rural internet. It's a disaster, a disgrace if you will. All the good internet and other services like that are in Burlington, Rutland, Barre-Montpelier, all that jazz. So why doesn't Ripton get a fair slice of the pie? I remember hearing Jessica Ravitz of CNN say that Ripton "is the kind of place where cell service fails more often than it works." So what to do? I say that when Peace gets control, we'll put renovations of rural internet near the top of our priorities, because rural Vermonters deserve it just as much as anyone else. We should also work on improving cell service and approving the funding for more cell towers as well. Don't settle for the scraps, vote Peace if you want your fair share of Vermont's internet service!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2020, 07:45:19 AM »
« Edited: October 14, 2020, 02:07:50 PM by KoopaDaQuick »

Barre, Vermont

Good morning, Barre. I'm here in the Barre-Montpelier area to talk about drugs. You see, during a whistle stop or two in Missouri, I talked about crime in general and precautions we can take to curb it before it even happens. However, here in Vermont this morning, we'll focus on one type of crime, being drug-related offenses.

You see, drugs are a huge problem in the Barre area. A big one. Illegal crimes specifically are bad here, making up just about as much drug abuse as opiates. But you see, the current way we treat drug abuse right now, in the year of our Dave 2020, is flat-out barbaric. There's very little quality rehabilitation here, just punishment. My Vermonter friends, when you hit a nail into a board of wood, do you just slam it without the assistance of your hand? Nope, you'd just bend or break the nail. It's the same way with treating drug abusers. You can't just threaten jail time to get them to stop this abuse. So, what do we do? Get them easier access to quality rehab. Therapy. Don't just stick harsh criminal charges and expect the problem to go away. My fellow Vermonters, let's actually take some action and fix drug abuse the right way. Vote Peace in October to curb drug crimes!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2020, 02:30:45 PM »

Cape Girardeau, Missouri

Helleau, Girardeau! I'm Koopa D. Quick, and I come here today on behalf of the Missouri Peace Party to talk about education. Education is a pathway into discovering one's true passions in life. It's a call to understand what makes us human. Higher education can have the potential to change a person's life forever, and I think we should help make sure that Missourians can get helped to afford college.

As you probably know, this town is home to Southeast Missouri State University, a public university that is helping the Cape grow as a place. SEMO helps citizens of Cape Girardeau find their passions in life, so why not let more people in? I think we should get the state of Missouri to help fund students' tuition and whatnot. We can also increase funding for the campus itself to make it a better place for SEMO to learn.

However, one even bigger fish I want to fund is community college. It provides the wonders of the college experience while allowing their students to pay their tuition and get a beer on Friday night. Heck, my father went through community college, and he doesn't have as much debt as your average public college student. I think should fund them more. The Peace Party supports increased state funding for community colleges, trade schools, and that sort of thing, so that Missourians can earn while they learn.

Enrich the minds of Missouri. Vote Peace in October! Dave bless.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2020, 02:46:04 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2020, 12:46:36 AM by KoopaDaQuick »

Guam Television Ad

[The following is the transcript for a television ad that will air during local ad breaks on KUAM, KTGM, KEQI, and KTKB.]

*A slideshow of images showing depictions of the island of Guam, its stores, its houses, and it's people play*

NARRATOR: To them, it's just an island. Just a dot in the Pacific Ocean. But to you, it's your home. It's where you live, work, and play. That's why the Peace Party focuses on issues that directly affect this island, including pest control, fixing the electrical grid, and lowering the cost of groceries. We do this because we care about this place. Because to us, it isn't just any old island, it's Guam. Vote for Peace on your ballot in October.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2020, 01:13:00 AM »

Montana Television Ad

[The following is the transcript for a television ad that will air during local ad breaks on KSVI, KWYB, KFBB-TV, KTMF, KTVQ, KBZK, KXLF, KXGN, KRTV, KPAX, KHMT, KJJC, KULR, KTVM, KTVH, KCFW, KYUS, and KECI.]

*A montage of Montana's natural wonders plays with classical music in the background. All stills provided below belong to Wikimedia Commons.*

NARRATOR: Montanans know how beautiful their environment is. Land this beautiful ought to be protected, and it needs someone defend its interests. That's why the Peace Party supports curbing greenhouse gas emissions, opposes the selling of public lands to private interests, and urges for the transition to cleaner energy sources. Vote Peace in October, because for Montana, protecting the environment is personal.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 01:28:49 AM »

Clarksville, Texas

Ah, we're finally in the lone star state. I've been anticipating this visit for a while. Anyways, it's great to see you all. I love visiting places to see all the bright faces of Atlasia. And it pains me to think about what might be going on in their lives. One thing that I've learned is that Texas' healthcare system has been neglected. Terribly neglected. And it's a problem that affects Clarksville, too. You are a city of over 3,000 people, but your only hospital closed five years ago, and this city has only one medical doctor. That is just insane. Clarksville deserves better treatment than that. That's why the Peace Party is going to fight hard in Austin. All Texans deserve good health, so why should we let people like you out to dry? I say we need to fund more public hospitals. Build them up, don't tear them down. If they aren't profitable, the state government will help out with footing the bill. Because healthcare shouldn't be a business, and people's lives should not be treaten like chips on a poker table. If you want quality healthcare, then Peace is right here waiting for you. Vote Peace in October for a healthier Clarksville.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2020, 02:04:13 AM »

Billboards to be hung within the city limits of San Francisco, California.

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2020, 01:44:36 PM »

Progreso, Tejas

¡Buenas tardes, mis amigos tejanos! ¿Cómo estan todos ustedes? Hoy, he llegado a la ciudad bella de Progreso, cerca de la frontera mexicana. Quiero hablar sobre la representación de los hispanohablentes atlasianos en la legislatura tejana. Agradezco los esfuerzos del gobierno incluir los tejanos que no puede leer en inglés, porque ellos necesitan estos servicios esenciales también. No podemos decir que la gente que no puede hablar en inglés necesitan aprenderlo. Es una habilidad beneficiosa en nuestra país, sí, pero no podemos esperar un grupo tan grande como la comunidad que no puede hablarlo aprenderlo fácilmente y rápidamente. Necesitamos decirlo a la gobierno que estas personas necesitan estos servicios también. Si votan ustedes para el Partido Paz, vamos a financiar estos servicios y creer unos trabajos para los trabajadores que pueden traducir en español. No vamos a olvidar la gente que nos votaron.

¡Vota para el Partido Paz si quieres un gobierno que puede entenderte!

(P.S. I'm so sorry for probably butchering your language, Lumine. Please forgive me, I tried my best. Tongue)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 06:50:51 PM »

Miles City, Montana

Salutations, Montana! I come here to chat about energy, the environment, and the economy. In 2005, Montana became one of the first states to require its major utilities to have a percentage of their energy be from renewable sources, such as wind and solar energy. Montana has been a national leader in energy, both clean and non-renewable, so the rest of Atlasia will depend on Montana making the right choices. And I say that Big Sky country going 100% clean is definitely feasible.

Let's start by talking about hydroelectricity. The continental divide drives through western Montana, meaning that this is the only state in the country with rivers that flow into the Pacific Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Hudson Bay. With Montana's plethora of rivers, hydroelectric energy is definitely possible. Miles City is no exception to this rule, as the city limits of this place touch the Yellowstone River. There's also a Clearwater Energy project loacted near of Miles City and north of Colstrip, being a 300MW wind farm providing clean energy for eastern Montana. We need more of this, not less. A Peace governorship and a Peace legislature would provide heavy funding for renewable energy projects. Montana's farmers and natural parks can definitely use clean energy, so let's get this going. Vote Peace for a cleaner Montana! Thank you, Miles City, for your time, and Dave bless Atlasia!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2020, 03:23:55 AM »

Missouri Television Ad

[The following is the transcript for a television ad that will air during ad breaks in all TV markets that cover Missouri.]

*A slideshow of stock footage, including jail cells, police sirens, and handcuffs, plays*

NARRATOR: Crime is a problem that's plagued Missouri in recent years. There's no argument about that. However, I think we both know that the current way Jefferson City handles crime just won't cut it.

*Cue footage and images of Missouri Peaceniks, including George Chamberlin, our party's gubernatorial nominee*

NARRATOR: That's why Peace is making criminal justice reform a priority issue. Rehabilitation and easier access to therapy. Mental health checks in Missouri police departments. Improving the conditions in our state's lower class neighborhoods. It's high time to rethink Missourian criminal justice solutions. It's high time we elect Peace in October.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2020, 03:57:31 AM »

San Francisco, California

Welp, hello to everyone here! It's great to be in the City. Warm hearts, warm coffee, just overall a phenomenal place to be. However, the streets specifically, not so much. Lots of homelessness, lots of trash, it's not fun. Granted, these are problems that affect most cities. However, San Francisco isn't just any old city, it's the golden city. The city by the bay. The city that knows how. I know a San Franciscan who knows how.

His name is Alex Martinez, and he's fed up with the troubles that plague this town. He knows how to clean up this place, both figuratively and literally. His campaign has a saying: "put the homeless in houses, and put the trash in bins."

First of all, the "put the homeless in houses" part. As mayor, he will urge the city council to increase funding for homeless shelters. He will also work to lower housing costs across town in order to make owning a house or an apartment easier than it is right now. There's also the "put the trash in bins" part. The Martinez administration will launch a city-wide task force of volunteers to clean up this town. This task force will meet up at Golden Gate Park every Sunday afternoon, and will go around the city and clean out the streets. Soda pop bottles? Gone. Used condoms? Gone. People who say "Frisco" and don't mean it as a joke? You bet your ass they're gone.

In summary, a Martinez mayorship will work hard for the interests of San Franciscans, and will also make sure your walk to work is happier, the homeless have a roof over their head, and Market Street is scot-free. Vote for Alex Martinez next week for a better San Francisco.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2020, 08:09:27 PM »

Dededo, Guam

Hello, Guam! Sorry for not campaigning for a while, busy serving our people and doing government work. But I'm back!

Unemployment in Guam is through the roof. Through the roof, I say! In 2019, the unemployment was 5.31%, meanwhile a healthy unemployment in Atlasia should be under 4.5%. And keep in mind, there wasn't a pandemic in Guam laying off workers in 2019.

So, what to do? While we keep fighting this virus, we need to open up venues for temporary work for laid off laborers. Get healthy young unemployed workers to help with COVID testing. Also, due to the heavy military presence on the island, we can also increase jobs there by encouraging citizens to work at positions to help make these bases function properly. As for helping the unemployed survive, we can make sure to enforce a social safety net so that unemployed Guamanians can put food on the table while they look for work. Put money in, take money out if something happens. Think of it like a rainy day fund. On an island where anything can happen, from tropical storms to electrical blackouts, that kind of protection can really help. Invest in our future and our jobs, vote Peace on Halloween. Dave bless!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies