NJ-02 (Monmouth): Kennedy +6 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:56:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  NJ-02 (Monmouth): Kennedy +6 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-02 (Monmouth): Kennedy +6  (Read 1642 times)
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« on: October 06, 2020, 01:19:10 PM »

Haha, TIL she actually is a member of the Kennedy family, albeit through marriage and not blood.

I guess this would mean that since the 1950s, Congress has had at least one member of the Kennedy family in either House save for a few years after JFK's election to the presidency? Which will only continue assuming she trounces Van Drew.

Nope, no Kennedy between Jan 2011 and Jan 2013 (after Patrick Kennedy left office, before JKIII took office). If Amy does lose in November, Jan 2021 will be the second time since 1947.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 01:28:13 PM »

Haha, TIL she actually is a member of the Kennedy family, albeit through marriage and not blood.

I guess this would mean that since the 1950s, Congress has had at least one member of the Kennedy family in either House save for a few years after JFK's election to the presidency? Which will only continue assuming she trounces Van Drew.

Nope, no Kennedy between Jan 2011 and Jan 2013 (after Patrick Kennedy left office, before JKIII took office). If Amy does lose in November, Jan 2021 will be the second time since 1947.
It would however, be the first time no Kennedy is in office or elected to any office since 1946

Who was in office from Jan '11 - Jan '13?
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 09:05:59 PM »

It would however, be the first time no Kennedy is in office or elected to any office since 1946

Bobby Shriver

Reach
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 12:53:17 PM »

Bobby Shriver

Reach

Not in my opinion. He is Eunice Kennedy-Schriver's son, and therefore a grandson of Joseph Kennedy Sr. Amy Kennedy, on the other hand, is a member of the family by marriage.

Fair. I guess I meant the "in office" part was more of a reach than the "Kennedy" part. Santa Monica has 90k people and its City Council meets two days out of every month. For all we know there are lots of other random Kennedys out there in that capacity.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies