Liberal Party October NPC Elections Thread:
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:41:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal Party October NPC Elections Thread:
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Liberal Party October NPC Elections Thread:  (Read 1823 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2020, 03:56:14 PM »

I'm in Yigo in Guam, where there is an air force base. The military has a big impact on the economy of the state. While tourism is facing headwinds, I call for the federal government to build up the military bases in Guam. That would offset problems in other sectors, in bringing more people, building more homes. That will lead to economic expansion. If there is more military presence it still need to be done with the protection of the natural environment and indigenous culture in mind.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2020, 08:58:51 PM »

I am in Ipan in Guam. Climate change will have serious repercussions on the island. Warmer temperatures will make it hotter and more uncomfortable. Warmer water will damage coral around Guam. There could be more wind and rainfall during typhoons. The sea level will continue to rise and submerge low areas, and there will be more flooding.

That leads us to the official campaign song, Under the sea from The Little Mermaid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkusy4ylhiY

Vote for your local Liberal Party candidates because they are aware of the problem and will work to find solutions.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2020, 04:58:37 PM »

Hello. Håfa Adai. I'm pleased to be in Asan in Guam.

Chamorro and English are the official languages but over the past century the knowledge of chamorro has declined. It's mostly the old generation who can speak it but it has not been passed greatly to the younger generation. This is alarming and we should do more to keep the language alive. Chamorro is  a native language, it's part of the identity and uniqueness of Guam. We will encourage the learning at school of chamorro. We will try to get more people to use it and as government we will lead by example and offer documents and communications in both languages.

Thank you. Si Yu'os Ma'åse'.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2020, 08:44:12 PM »

I'm in Salt Lake City in Utah. This is the campaign logo:

Family is an important value in the state so it's the reason for the picture and there is a Halloween touch because election is at Halloween.

Our candidates will advance friendly family policy. There are some big families in Utah and that can be expensive. To give a break to them, leisure activities offered from state and cities will be free starting from the third child who enroll in an activity. Public transit will be free for children below 12 years old. Cities will be encouraged to work with school boards to maximize the use of facilities and offer a wide variety of leisure activities.

We will build more parks and playground and make sure they are safe and equipment secure. We will give money to cities that organize day camps in the summer. This will provide a fun environment for kids. And for getting around we will favor wide sidewalks and safe bicycle routes in towns. Vote for the Liberal candidates, they have the well being of your family at heart.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2020, 07:06:37 PM »

I'm in Helena, Montana. That's why the official song is from Helena Montana...., oh it's from Hannah Montana, close enough. The song is The best of both worlds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVjRe8QXFHY&list=PLhOfS6eHVkncZSbJtSWdFelJi9IqOUN

Montana has mountains in the west and plains in the east, the best of both worlds. The Liberal party is the best of both worlds. Some people want you to choose one of two caricatural ideological poles. I'm telling you voters, you don't have to. There are more nuances, different opinions on different topics. The Liberal party is open to a diversity of opinions, it's not a tool of ideological purity. As voters, I invite you to consider the candidates of our party, big tent party. I am sure you will be pleased. The Liberal party is the best of both worlds.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2020, 11:51:55 AM »

I'm in Montana, at the dinosaur center in Bynum. There have been many discoveries of dinosaur fossils and fossils in the state. It is quite fascinating. We will increase funding of the paleontology center at the University of Montana to help advancement of research and education.

We will also give money to support the Montana Dinosaur Trail for development and promotion. It consists of fourteen locations across the state that show the discoveries made in the state and help understand dinosaurs. It is educational for the public in general to learn of the state history and about science. Childern like dinosaurs so it is a nice family visit or school trip and can interest children in science. The dinosaur trail is good for the small businesses near the locations because it brings visitors in the area.

This is the campaign banner for the party in the state. It shows a dinosaur for today's announcement and a Halloween spider because of the date of the election.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2020, 04:11:03 PM »

I'm in Orem in Utah, the birthplace of Julianne Hough. One of her song was chosen as campaign song to support local talent. It's That song in my head:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dTRqsULNbY&list=RD-dTRqsULNbY&start_radio=1&t=20

I've seen an ad from some Utah Governor candidates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAbqiRFjox4

I have to say that I'm a bit upset the Liberal party candidate for Governor was not invited to join this initiative. It would have been a more powerful message if candidates from all parties were in the ad. But I agree with the message. Between parties and candidates we can debate and disagree without hating each other. We can remain civil. After the election many will have to work together. People of Utah have good values like the Liberal Party, so support the Liberal candidates.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2020, 09:28:29 PM »

I'm in Plymouth Notch in Vermont at the Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site. Here is Coolidge childhood's home and where he took the oath of office. There is something a biographer wrote: "He embodied the spirit and hopes of the middle class, could interpret their longings and express their opinions. That he did represent the genius of the average is the most convincing proof of his strength"

I guess this is the same for Liberal party candidates. They are champions of the hopes of the middle class. They want to take actions to help the average person. They want to represent the middle class in the circles of power where others think of helping their friends, powerful people or special interests. Our candidates are the voice of the average person. So vote for the Liberals in Senate, regional council, state Governor, state legislators and House. Most of our candidates are average persons and they are there for you. Together we can improve society. Together we can do this.

Thank you and don't forget you can consult the LibApp, the party's application to know the dates of the different elections, your local candidates, where to vote, and all kinds of party information.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2020, 10:01:25 PM »

I'm at the Vermont covered bridge museum in Bennington, Vermont. There are over a hundred covered bridge in the state. Covered bridges are unique and part of our heritage. It is important to maintain them. We will spend to preserve and rehabilitate the bridges. We won't let them become decrepit. They need to be taken care of so our children and granchildren can enjoy this piece or work. Vote Liberal to preserve our history.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2020, 05:33:22 PM »

I'm in Casper in Wyoming. I know you have been waiting for it so here is the official campaign logo for the state of Wyoming:

It is represented by cowboys. There are also images related to Halloween because the election is at that time. The ghost is very appropriate since we are in Casper!

The official song is Sweet Wyoming home from Chris LeDoux:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7t28OS3uMw
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2020, 10:19:33 PM »

I'm in Cody in Wyoming. There is a move to delist the grizzly bears in the Yellowstone region from the endangered species. I think it's too early. We will continue to protect the bears. We will protect Yogi! After delisting in one area, it will lead to delisting in other areas. While the population of bears has increased since the lows, it is better to still wait so the population in viable in the long term. Tribes and conservation groups are against delisting. We will not allow hunting. We will protect the bears and their habitat.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2020, 08:13:07 AM »

I'm in Bozeman in Montana. The pine beetle infestation has been tapering off in the last couple of years in Montana from the catastrophic level of a decade ago. But it is still a problem and there are other beetles and bugs attacking different species. The forest is important economically for the state. The pine beetle caused sawmills to operate at partial capacity because of timber supply shortage and it affects quality of wood.

Beetle infestation also result in a loss of aesthetic value and changes in the ecosystem. It's not because a forest is old that it's normal to become bald! And it changes elk behaviour. Elks are avoiding beetle impatced areas.

For these reasons we will spend more in forest management. We will do more aerial and ground surveys to identify the damage and areas of attack. After the assessment a plan of combat will be determined depending on the area. It could be harvesting to remove quickly the infested trees if it's economically viable, if not burn the trees. In other areas it can be treatment to stop the spread. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2020, 01:34:31 PM »

I'm in South Burlington in Vermont. I participate in visibility and get out the vote efforts. We have four group of volunteers who will walk on the sidewalk with different signs and attract attention of motorists. They are walking along Dorset Street near University mall and on Wiiliston road on the same side of the highway, where it's commercial area.

The first group is joined by the candidate for Governor and they show the Vermont Liberal party sign with leaves. A second group with the same sign is joined by local candidates for the state legislature. They encourage people to vote in advance voting and next week in the general election for Liberal candidates.

The third group has the green banner Poirot for House and the fourth the teal banner Poirot for Senate. I switch from the two groups and wave to people so voters go vote for me. We move on the two streets for a few hours in the afternoon.

In late afternoon I go to two campaign team location. The Senate team is at the Delta Hotel and the House team is at the Anchorage Inn. I stayed at the Anchorage Inn many years ago and I don't know if they have indicated a Poirot room like some hotel do a John Lennon room where he stayed. I make some phone calls to spotted undecided voters for myself and for Vermont Liberal candidates.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2020, 03:51:27 PM »

I'm in Arnold in Missouri. For many years Missouri was the meth lab capital of the country. in 2004 nearly 3000 meth lab were seized in the state. in 2017 it was just 91. That doesn't mean the meth problem is solved. The drug comes from Mexico at a low cost with a higher degree of purity.

Opioids rae a bigger issue in many states so more resources are directing at that drug. often take resources. We will continue fighting to close meth labs but we will develop more support and assistance for people dealing with meth problems. We will direct addicts to treatments. We will do prevention in school by informing students about the bad effects and danger of the drug. We wil make our communities safer.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2020, 09:03:01 PM »

I'm in Billings in Montana. Ranchers have suffered from low cattle prices in the last five years and closures of packing plant. Some ranchers are in a dire financial situation. There has been some suggestion of collusion in the meat packing industry and price fixing. The beef industry has become concentrated over the years. Four multinationals now hold more than 80% of the market.  I have a beef with that. The meatpacking industry is too concentrated and can have too much influence over price. There needs to be more compeition so supply and demand can achieve a just price. To help have more competitors we will support local companies that want to start packing plant with loans or a group of ranchers who want to start a cooperative. We will protect farmers from unfair trade practices. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2020, 10:45:43 PM »

In Logan in Utah. Every state is distinct. We know that states want to be able to run their things their way. We recognize state powers and we will defend local jurisdictions if the regional or federal government try to overstep in state management. The state needs its autonomy in local issues in accordance to state values.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2020, 09:53:58 AM »

I'm in San Francisco to talk about the homelessness problem. There were over 8,000 homeless people in an official count in 2019. That is an increase of 14% from 2017. When you look on the internet people and tourists complain of disrty streets with litter, feces and smell of urine. That is not a good image for the city. We must take care of the vulnerable. There needs to be more affordable housing being available and help people able to work find jobs. In the meantime, we will provide personal hygiene kit, open more shelters, provide lockers so they can store personal belongings somewhere and provide more shelter spaces.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2020, 04:53:51 PM »

I have been in Guam for a few hours and I am doing a full tour of the island, stopping at different places along the way. I was in Umatac, Guam.

I want to address the snake problem of Guam. One party accused others of not speaking on the issue. I left that issue because I didn't want to be a copycat, just repeat what others are saying.

We will fight to control and eradicate the evil brown snakes. Just like we fight beetles in forests, we fight pests all over the Fremont region. The brown snakes were imported at the end of the second world war (proving that war is not good). They have severely affected other animals, rodents and birds. Ten of the twelve native bird species of Guam have vanished. It also impacts trees and forest because trees need animals to distribute their seeds. Snakes are responsible for instability of the electric system and cause around 200 power outages a year.

So yes, we will work to combat the brown snake.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2020, 07:34:54 PM »

I'm Sånta Rita in Guam. Being on island in the ocean, we need to be ready for a possible tsunami or major storms. We will invest in preparedness with the public security to develop and practice safety plans. We will test tsunami alert system. We will not let construction in highly risked flooded areas. We will make plans and communicate them with locals in every towns in case of needing to find a secure place. We don't control natural elements but we can control our reaction.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2020, 08:06:07 PM »

I then proceed to a family event in Tamuning at UnderWater World. It has a long tunnel aquarium. We will respect sanitary procedures. There are mascots. I will briefly show up has a seal lion. Our volunteers are giving brochures about our program. Of course the music will be played, our campaign song, Under the sea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC_mV1IpjWA
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2020, 10:42:31 PM »

I'm at Puntan Dos Amantes in Harmon village in Guam. With a great view, overlooking the ocean, I can say touring the island made me fall in love with it. Vote for the Liberal party to protect local culture, for economic development, to tackle the snake problem and for emergency preparedness. We will improve life on the island with you. Thank you and don't forget to vote this weekend.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2020, 02:55:14 PM »

I'm in front of Arrowhead stadium in Kansas City in Missouri. This is the home of the Super Bowl champions. I'm talking to all voters like we are in a football caucus. Time is running out and polls show we are behind. We need some big play like a hail mary pass. Our goal is to elect at least one legislator. For this we need votes. When this caucus ends, I need voters to run to polling stations and vote for Liberal party candidates. Beware, other teams will try to stop you, so avoid the obstacles like bicycles, pedestrians and parked cars. Are you ready? 1,2,3, Go!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2020, 07:59:19 PM »

I'm in Londonderry in Vermont. I've heard some complaint about the party fighting pests in states in Fremont but do nothing in Lincoln. In Vermont there is a problem with blacklegged tick or deer tick. They can transmit Lyme disease with their bite. Vermont is ranked in the top three states for Lyme disease in the country.

I don't think we can kill ticks to solve the problem. It can be difficult for doctors to diagnose the disease. A bad diagnostic of Lyme disease could lead to a long road of treatment that doesn’t work and the patient has the illness for longer. Medical professionals need to become better at making good early diagnosis to make the right treatment so we will encourage medical personel to increase their knowledge of the disease. Prevention is always better, so we will increase education campaign on how to dress and do to lessen the risk of being bitten by a tick.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2020, 11:32:44 AM »

All of the Ads are from the Liberal Atlasia PAC

Quote from: Understanding Vermont
"Vermont is a place where people are together, and where we have a long liberal tradition, if you want to have this tradition in government, vote for your local Liberal Party candidate.
This radio ad will play across Vermont

Quote from: Helping Small Business
The Vice Chair of the Liberals proposed a bill that would help small businesses, and because of it, there is a Southern Version of it and a Lincoln Version, currently in debate.

If you want to help create jobs, vote for your local Liberal Party candidate today, because your vote will create jobs and help the eccomony.
This TV and radio ad will play across all states in the NPC elections

Quote from: Protecting Freedom
The Liberal Party will protect your freedom and the free market from people who think that Freedom isn't essential, and in the Liberal Party, a part of our mission statement is, "fighting for the Atlasian and our freedoms.", and we want to protect Freedoms from all threats!
This Ad will be a radio ad in conservativey radio stations across all NPC election states

Quote from: An Advocate for You
You may be wondering how you can have an advocate for you in Government, and if you want to have a advocate for you, vote for your local Liberal Party candidate because they understand what life is like and they will fight for only you!

This ad will play in radio stations across all NPC elections states
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2020, 12:11:49 PM »

Speech in Bozeman, Montana

The beauty of Montana is essential for Montana to survive because millions of people each year, except for this year obviously, go to Montana mainly to see it's beauty, and since millions of people go, roads are impacted, jobs are created, and in order to sustain it, we need to expand Montana's road network. 

We should also expand bus networks to lessen the impact of the roads and to preserve our environment by making less people use cars. 

If you want a better Montana for the People, I hope you will vote for your local Liberal candidate.

If you want to vote, call or go to the website of the Liberal Party of Montana to get a ride to the polls, even if you don't vote for the Liberal Party
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies