Liberal Party October NPC Elections Thread:
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:02:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal Party October NPC Elections Thread:
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Liberal Party October NPC Elections Thread:  (Read 1824 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 05, 2020, 07:40:32 AM »

(plus Guam and San Francisco)

Fremont: Utah, San Francisco, Guam, Wyoming, Montana
South: Texas, Missouri, Kentucky
Lincoln: Vermont, New Jersey

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 04:37:13 PM »

I'm in San Francisco to support the Liberal candidate for city Mayor. The cost of housing is very high in the city. The supply of places to stay should probably be higher to have a more balanced market. One thing we can quickly do is decrease the number of airbnb type of lodging. Let the tourists go to hotels and tourist lodging. We want to make more appartments and homes availbale to families and workers. We can also let new buildings be higher, it will increase the density. This is acceptable only if it's not in an area with a specific architecture and it risks breaking the homogeneous style.

The campaign logo features the Golden Gate bridge.

The camapign song for San Francisco is YMCA by the Village People.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 05:33:47 PM »

I'm in Derby in Vermont to start the campaign in the state. The banner has a Fall foliage theme. It is Fall and trees are changing colors, giving us a beautiful spectacle.

The official song is Autum leaves and this version is from Nat King Cole.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEMCeymW1Ow

An alternative is the original French lyrics of Les Feuilles Mortes, here sang by Yves Montand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo1C6E7jbPw

J'ai un message pour les électeurs du Vermont qui comprennent le français. Je vous demande de voter pour les candidats du parti Libéral. Comme vous pouvez le voir, le thème de la campagne est les belles couleurs d'automne. Vous et de nombreux touristes peuvent apprécier cette merveille de la nature. Notre notre chanson officielle est Autumn Leaves ou Les Feuilles Mortes. Nous avons choisi de fournir une version avec les paroles originales françaises, interprétée par Yves Montand.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 10:01:33 PM »

I'm in Newport in Vermont.

This place has one of the highest rate of obesity in the state. Obesity lead to many health problems so we need to change that, get people to move. To get used to physical activity and make it a habit we will start with children. We will involve children all over the state in a friendly competition between schools. For every 15 minutes of physical activity a child does in a day it earns a point. That will lasts for a month. Every point of a child goes to the total of the school and the school points are the number of chances for the school to win a visit to the Jay Peak indoor water park. We will get the kids moving and healthy.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 09:15:09 PM »

I'm in Winooski in Vermont. I'm near the office of Vermont PBS. The local PBS station is small compared to other places but it serves the community. It has education, information and entertainment   goals. Shows like Masterpiece Mystery have shown series about me so I'm a bit biased. To support our local public television we will provide an annual sum to help funding. This will probabaly make viewing the station more enjoyable and reduce the constant fundraising and asking for money on air.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 01:33:37 PM »

I'm in Killington in Vermont. Tourism is an important part of the local economy. The state has beautiful landscapes, mountains to ski and hike. To improve the travel experience of tourists, maybe get more international tourists and add a special touch that could make visitors return, we will pay 50% of language courses for employees working in hotels and tourist attractions who interact with clients, like reception desk, sales ticket, reservations. The goal is for the tourists to feel more welcomed and that we appreciate their patronage. Languages targeted will be French and Spanish at first but other languages could be added depending on the demand.

Dans le but de mieux accueillir les touristes et leur montrer que l'industrie touristique fait un effort pour interagir avec eux dans leur langue maternelle, nous allons subventionner la moitié du montant des cours de langues aux employés du secteur de l'hébergement et des attractions touristiques qui sont en contact avec les visiteurs.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 05:15:44 PM »

I'm in Rutland in Vermont. Autumn is the season when tree leaves fall to the ground. We don't want leaves to end up in landfill sites. We should make it easier for people raking leaves to dispose of leaves in a more ecological manner. You can put leaves in compost bin but it contains not much. The rule for leaves and garden debris collection seems to be a minimum of 1-2 in the Fall. I don't think it's enough. Leaves don't fall at the same time and it can vary from year to year. We will increase the collect to a minimum of three times and this will apply to cities over 7,000 people (less appropriate in rural parts and less density for special collection).  The cities are Burlington, South Burlington, Rutland, Essex Junction, Bennington, Barre, Winooski and Montpelier.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2020, 09:36:12 PM »

I'm in Montpelier, Vermont. The regional government is debating changing the way states are electing their Governors and cities their mayors. I am not ready to go for this change in a few weeks. They want to force to use a system of instant run off / ranked choice.

Using that system it will increase subjectivity because someone will have to make an approximation of preferences for votes cast to lower ranked parties. How many do not rank another party, how many rank that party. It's very difficult to guess. I don't know if it's another way to get "two sides" instead of a multi party election. It could lead to a game of getting the support of other parties to win instead of campaining to finish first. I have seen races in Fremont that were not close in votes but were magically close because of the system.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 05:15:27 PM »

I'm in Louisville in Kentucky. While in this state I present the campaign logo.

One image represents Kentucky Fried Chicken and the other image is gold. Gold because we are near Fort Knox. Fort Knox is also the inspiration behind the choice of song. It is from a James Bond film, Goldfinger, sang by Shirley Bassey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Wg6k9cWhM
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 09:31:01 PM »

Hey there.

I was in a forum for candidates in Montana about funding the expansion of infrastructure to help expand businesses, and how to protect and expand the Tech Scene in Montana, and how many liberal candidates, are in the tech industry.

We also talked about on how to preserve Montana's natural beauty, and how a Liberal Government will protect the beauty of Montana through it's animals, naturalness, and people.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2020, 10:42:53 PM »

I'm in St.Louis in Missouri. (after Louisville... It's Louis Louis)

The campaign logo is inspired by the state flag.

The official song is All I wanna do by Sheryl Crow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgmBaE1cqD4

It was chosen because Sheryl Crow was born in Kennett in Missouri and grew up there. And the lyrics:
All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one

Because living in Atlasia should be fun. So support the Liberal candidates.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2020, 10:46:13 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2020, 10:51:23 PM by Ishan »

Liberal Ad: Togetherness

Narrator in a room: We are all Atlasians, and a theme in the Liberal Party is Togetherness, and we will empathize the fact that we are all Atlasians, unlike some of the other parties.

Unlike (shows clips)

"so that they can impose their Portland Values even in the smallest rural town in Oklahoma."

It is sad that that the two major parties are willing to attack each other, for where they are from.

Narrator: A Liberal Party policy is togetherness, and all Liberal Party candidates shall not mock each other candidates where they are from, and I hope by taking the example, the  other parties will pledge as we did, to have their candidates and campaigners not attack other candidates or campaigners for where they were from.

Narrator: If you want leadership, that will set the example, not be down, vote for the Liberal Party candidate in your local elections.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 06:04:58 PM »

I'm in Victoria in Texas to help the Liberal candidates. In Victoria county we can find the place were Fort St Louis was located. (That is three Louis in three days in the South region) This was a French settlement founded by Cavelier de La Salle in 1685. It only lasted a couple of years. Conditions were harsh. Like an explorer the Liberal party is trying to settle in Texas by electing some of our candidates but we know we are facing hard conditions. That won't stop us from trying. Our candidates will ask for your support during the month of October. This is the official campaign banner, big letters for Texas since everything is big in Texas and the star.

The official campaign song is If you're gonna play in Texas by Alabama.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6r4E514nJg
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2020, 10:31:51 PM »

I'm in Burlington, Vermont. After talking about my personal run for Lincoln Senate office, I also have a message to support all Liberal party candidates.

The Liberal party has a long tradition, it's been a party located between two major parties. We can work with other parties in trying to find common ground. We are a welcoming party. I want everyone to find a place. If the party were trousers I would like them to be comfortable, with a stretching elastic band you don't feel much on the waist, kind of a one size fits all. (With the overweight problems it is practical).

We want to bring people together. The pandemic has shown us that as a society we are all in this together. We need to work together to find solutions. Together we can improve society.

That is why I ask you to vote for your local Liberal party candidates in local elections, council, House or Senate in the next election.   
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2020, 11:40:46 PM »

Speech in Woodstock, Vermont

I'd like you to vote for the Liberal Party because it is proud to express Liberalism, throughout all of their platform. Liberalism results in subsidizing, government programs to create jobs, improve roads, helps farmers, and to have a better education for your kids, and finally to help all people, not some, but all people.

I'd like you to vote for ..., a strong hardworking person who is ready to represent you, and the election is on October 30th.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2020, 04:56:37 PM »

I'm along St Albans Bay in Vermont. The quality of water in Lake Champlain is important for the health of ecosystems, the health of people, tourism/ recreation and the property value on the shores of the lake. Vermont needs to work with other jurisdictions, New York and Quebec for the well being of the lake. We will coordinate with them but let,s focus on what this state can do.

We need to fight the bloom of cyanobacteria. One major source of pollution is runoff from dairy farms. We need to reduce the amount of phosphorus that goes into the lake. We need to continue to improve agricultural policies and programs. We will set up a fund to give an incentive and reward to farmers who surpass a target of clean water. Farmers are our partners in water quality improvement. Let's work together for a better environment.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2020, 08:04:30 PM »

Speech in Kansas City
Hello there!

Today, I'm going to talk about Movies and TV Shows. By movies, I mean where Movies and TV Shows are shot in. Many TV shows such as Ozark take place in Missouri, but are shot in Georgia. Under a Liberal Government, we will have a Film Tax Incentive also known as a Movie Production Incentive, which will give companies incentives to cast in this great state. If we have this, we will have economic development in this great state. It will make jobs in this great state and it will help with tourism.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 01:22:45 PM »

I'm in Cherry Hill in New Jersey. Some people have become cynical about politicians because of corruption. We want to restore faith in government and politicians in New Jersey. Our candidates are not running to enrich themselves, they are running to serve the greater good of the community. The party has vetted the candidates. If one of them is involved in some kind of corruption while in office the party will drop the person. The candidates have been warned. The NJ party will not try to defend a corrupt person. We will work for better integrity standards in government and will support bringing to justice the criminal people trying to enrich themselves or their friends instead of working for citizens.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 04:38:49 PM »

Labor Chair and Peace Chair MB and KoopaDaQuick has promised not to attack candidates from when they are originally from, and I am glad that my effort succeeded.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 05:36:34 PM »

I'm in New Jersey near Atlantic City at the Jersey-Atlantic wind farm. It was the first wind farm in new Jersey. Natural gas and nuclear energy account for 94% of the source of powere generate in the state. Natural gas fired generation is more than half of the state's power generation. Renewable energy like solar and wind provide 5% of New Jersey's total electricity generation.

What we see in the numbers is natural gas is still the biggest source for electricity and that results in carbon emissions. If we want to reduce emissions to fight climate change we have to increase the share of electricity generated by renewable sources. That is our goal, to favor renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 08:02:59 PM »

I'm in Sayreville, New Jersey. I've chosen this place to present the camapign songs because Jon Bon Jovi is from this area. The song is from the New jersey album of Bon Jovi. It's I'll be there for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vz31RbG-Q8

It is to remind voters that our candidates when elected will be there to solve problems and help people.
I also show the campaign banner for the state. New Jersey is the Garden state so there is an image of a garden. There are tomatoes, for Jersey tomatoes. The black cat is because we are the 13th (but a Tuesday), the cat could be sitting eyeing the garden. The pumpkin was added to the garden because the election will be on Halloween.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2020, 09:54:52 PM »

I'm in Island Pond in Vermont at the Maple Guild. Vermont produces almost half of maple syrup in the country. There is an ooportunity to develop value added products and target niche markets to benefit our producers. An opening exists in products for the health benefit of maple as substitute for sugar in the health awareness trend, and because it contains antioxydants. We will support the research and development of new products and support the commercializing. There is so much you can do with maple. You can develop flavored water, vinegar, mustard, you name it using maple. This can create more jobs than simply selling a raw product. We will stand behind our producers who are innovative and show the versatility of maple. We will help to maybe develop the next big success story in business in Vermont.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2020, 05:59:03 PM »

I'm in Brattleboro in Vermont. I was surprised to learn Vermont has exported a few hundred prisoners to out of state facilities. The state should be known to export maple syrup not its criminals. There are about 200 prisoners at a private prison in Mississippi. I believe prisoners should be detained in state unless there is some good reason. If there is a lack of space here we could build a new jail. Prisoners in state can get visits from loved ones more easily. It's difficult to do that when the person is at the other end of the country. If we need to send prisoners out of state, we will try to send them in states close by.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2020, 08:40:51 PM »

I'm in Tamuning in Guam. The island is suffering economically because tourism, a main industry, is suffering. We will prepare for the time of return to normal level by already working and planning publicity money in our two bigger market, japan and Korea. When people are totally comfortable to travel again we will launch our plan. In the meantime we will try to attract Atlasians to come and discover this state and out a special effort on military personel families and divers.

Diving is a local activity and that's why it is featured on the campaign logo.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2020, 09:21:50 AM »

Person#3: Without Medicaid, I wouldn't be able to afford my health care

Person #2: And those other 4.5 million Texans couldn't either

Person #1: So when I realized that the Federalists in Austin wanted to cut Medicaid.

Person #4: I realized that we couldn't trust the Federalists to fight for us

All 4 people: We just can't trust the Federalists to protect our healthcare

Narrator: This is what Labor the lies Labor talks about other parties plans for Healthcare and the entire Healthcare system

Narrator: They are talking about Medicaid something that doesn't exist.

Narrator: How can we trust Labor when they are attacking other parties on something that has been replaced by the other party.

Narrator: Vote for the Liberal Party, a party which has people who know what they are doing and won't talk and attack other parties about programs that don't exist in your local NPC elections.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies