Liberal Party October NPC Elections Thread:
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:14:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal Party October NPC Elections Thread:
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Liberal Party October NPC Elections Thread:  (Read 1899 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2020, 04:37:46 PM »

I'm in Trenton in New Jersey. Attending school is important for children to develop learning and socializing. In a covid period it is important to reduce the risks. We will give money to school to improve classroom ventilation. There will be more money for school buses where there needs to be more buses so less children are in the same bus. There will be more resources for remote learning. More equipment and software available to teach students who are not in class. The health and safety of all is a priority.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2020, 06:58:30 PM »

I'm in Howell in New jersey. Last night was great for New Jersey on reality television. Two New Jersey boys made it to final 2 on Big Brother All stars, Cody and Enzo. Cody was voted the winner. Some in his hometown here are suggesting to name a school, park or street after him. To do well in Big Brother you need to make alliances, influence vote of others, be ready to lie and backstab. I'm not sure it's qualities we need to glorify and set as example to children. The qualities listed are also shared by some successful Atlasian politicians. Congratulations to Cody.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2020, 09:53:04 PM »

I'm in Middlebury in Vermont. As more of the schooling uses online tools we need to protect the personal information of elementary and high school students. Website operators, applications and online services designed or used by students wil have to follow strict privacy law. These services will not be able to make target advertising based on information obtained by the use of the service by students. They won't be allowed to sell or share personal information of students to a third party. We will protect the data of students so information is not used for non educational-purposes.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2020, 10:37:42 AM »

I'm in St. Johnsbury in Vermont, in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. We want to protect Vermont's beautiful things and for that we will work together with the citizens. We will launch an online platform to protect heritage sites. There will be a list of heritages locations, like buildings, bridges, landscapes to give information on these places. Some will be listed as vulnerable sites if they are abandoned or under threat of demolition. The resource will be collaborative. Citizens will be able to report sites that they find vulnerable so we can look into it. Citizens will be preservation partners.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2020, 02:53:55 PM »

I'm in Burlington in Vermont. I'm joined by the candidate for Governor and some candidates for legislature. From time to time we hear comments that we are a cult party. We are a cult party in the sense we support Vermont's culture, its heritage and uniqueness, and agriculture and silviculture because Vermonters still like and live of the land. We are not part of a subculture or an occult group. We are a team of people, some more ordinary than others, who run to represent all of you. It's not difficult to understand. I trust the faculty of people to think for themselves and not buy what some are saying.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2020, 04:44:44 PM »

I'm in Manchester in Vermont, at Hildene, the summer home of the son of Abraham Lincoln and the Lincoln family descendants. It is an honor to be here, the region took this family name. This is an historic place. Vermont voters have a chance to make history. They can elect a Liberal party Governor. It could be the first, or one of the firsts. You don't want to miss the opportunity of making history. The party has also a great slate of legislators and it would be history also to get a Liberal majority in legislature. Make histoty. Vote for Liberal candidates!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2020, 07:44:18 PM »

I'm in Laramie in Wyoming. Putting tolls on part of Interstate 80 has been discussed in the legislature. Next time the issue comes up we will vote against this. The highway is an important east-west axis for the state. It would cost money for some citizens in that axis to have access to the capital, come for medical treatment, shop etc. The trucking association is also against the toll proposal. Truckers could decide to opt for an alternative route. We will not ask average citizens to spend more money to use a specific road.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2020, 09:04:20 PM »

radio advertising for Missouri

There is a diversity of people in Missouri. There should be more voices to represent the diversity of parties and opinions in the legislature. The Liberal party needs your votes to sit in the legislature. We need some momentum coming on voting day. Give the Liberty party the big mo in MO.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2020, 09:45:05 PM »

Quote from: Lies, Lies Lies, a Anti-Labor Ad playing in all states Labor is constesting
Narrator: The Labor Party released a Ad telling lies about the Federalists and here's what it is about.

Person #1: Hey Mary, did you know it's a bad bet to send the Federalists to Trenton?

Person #2: Well John, I do know that they supported tax cuts for big corporations

Person #1: Mary, do you know how they want to pay for the tax cuts

Person #2: Isn't it by cutting infrastructure spending? Aren't we bad enough as is with the Pulaski Skyway taking so long? Imagine what would happen if we ever had to renovate the Turnpike or Parkway, John.

Person #1: Mary, but there's even more the Federalists support a personhood bill.

Person #2: That would make access to abortions essentially nonexistent for millions of women. John, did you hear that they also want to get rid of our gun control laws.

Person #1: So Mary, do you mean that they want violent criminals to walk around with guns and not ever even have a background check, I'm getting the feeling that the Federalists aren't for us.

Person #2: Yeah John, I feel the same way, this type of agenda seems perfect for Mississippi or Alabama, but it just isn't right for New Jersey

Person #1 and Person #2: Take it from us, the Federalists just aren't right for NJ

Marrator: All Labor cares about is telling lies, lies, lies in ads about other parties and telling lies about other states, so they can divide us, so vote against Labor in your local election.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2020, 09:55:17 PM »

I'm in Missoula in Montana to talk about transit. Currently buses don't run on Sundays or late evenings. Having a good transit system reduces the need for cars and is better for air quality. It also provide mobility to those who can't afford a car or are unable to drive. We have decided  to increase the hours of bus service. There will be service available later in the evening, there will be some service on Sundays and we will add hours on Saturdays. Expanding the availability of the service will meet the needs of people in the city.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2020, 10:30:46 PM »

I've been driving voters to the polls in Trenton today and I'm going to make a speech while I'm awaiting the results.

To vote for a Liberal candidate, is to vote for a voice for you and a voice that will help all people, no matter what their race is or what their income is, and I hope that you do your civic duty today, and I hope you cast your ballot for the Liberal Party for the voters still in line.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2020, 10:42:31 PM »

Public meeting on Zoom, the San Francisco candidate for mayor is there

Single use and throw away products produce trash and is a waste of resources. We propose to charge 25 cents for every to-go coffee cup sold in San Francisco. We want to encourage people to bring their own cup and fight single use items. Berkeley is doing this. We can't let them pass us on environment activism. The city is proud and must defend its reputation. For safety reason we will implement this only after the pandemic.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2020, 10:45:41 AM »

Statement by the Liberal Vice Chair:

I'd like to thank all of the voters who voted for their local Liberal candidate, and I am proud that we have broke the duopoly in the NPC elections, and we have become the Election Surprise! I'd like to thank all of the volunteers and candidates for volunteering for something, most people thought would lose in a landslide, and paying a fee to run for party that would likely lose, I hope that the progress will further and the Atlasian's peoples voice is heard!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2020, 06:16:54 PM »

The final results:

Fremont
Utah: 19% 8 MPs, 8 Senators
Wyoming: 17% 4 MPs, 4 Senators
Montana: 22% 11 MPs, 6 Senators, lost Governor with 48% on last round (to 52%)
Guam: 23% 3 MPs, 2 Senators. win Governor with 55% on last round (to 45%)
San Francisco Mayor: 13%

Very good results for Fremont. The number of legislators is not huge but the party finished second in the four states (and 4th in SF mayor). That is a great accomplishment. We increased vote share by a minimum of 5% in every race during the month. The big news is we won the Governor of Guam. I have to thank the second preferences of voters that allowed us to get 55% of the vote on the last round. This is historic. It is our first win for a Governor. I told Vermont they could make history but too bad for them, another state beat you. The next Guam Governor is very excited and I've just talked with the Governor elect, who is partying with very few people at the Fish Eye Underwater Observatory in Guam. I could hear the sound blast of the theme song Under the Sea. In another race for Governor, in Montana we were very strong and lost a close race with 48% in the last round.

South
Texas: 4% 1 Rep
Kentucky 3% 1 Rep
Missouri: 8% 5 Rep, 2 Senators

Not a big gain in vote share but we maintained our vote. The good news here is we have at least one legislator in every state in the region and that means we managed to have legislators elected in every state this month. Compared to other parties, we only placed 5th though.

Lincoln:
Vermont: 31% 47 Rep, 10 Senators, lost Governor with 49% (to 50%)
New Jersey: 21% 10 Rep, 6 Senators

Second place finish in Vermont in vote share and losing the Governor by a very small margin is disappointing. We increased our vote share by only 3% during the month even though we spend a lot of time in the state. We finished under our vote share in mid-month polling and we were first at the time. I guess I dropped the ball for our candidates in the state. We gained more vote share in New Jersey than in Vermont during the month but finished 4th.

So in total for October we won 128 state legislators and 1 Governor.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies