Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:36:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91547 times)
Rand
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: October 05, 2020, 08:48:00 PM »

Hope he’s well enough to watch state after state slip away on November 3rd.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1826 on: October 05, 2020, 08:50:14 PM »

It's insane that anyone on his team thinks this is helpful for the campaign. No one even mildly persuadable in this country can look at these grotesque past 48 hours and think they want four more years of it.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1827 on: October 05, 2020, 08:50:53 PM »

BidenHarris2020

« Reply #1828 on: October 05, 2020, 08:54:56 PM »

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1829 on: October 05, 2020, 08:55:55 PM »

Is Melania back at the white House, or is she still at the hospital?
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1830 on: October 05, 2020, 08:59:07 PM »

Melania never left the White House.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1831 on: October 05, 2020, 09:01:51 PM »

Melania never left the White House.

Oh, I didn't realize that. Definately means experienced something more than just mild symptoms then, because if the concern was really just about keeping Trump safe just in case, they would've brought Melania along.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1832 on: October 05, 2020, 09:04:54 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-actually-believes-he-can-sell-himself-to-america-as-a-covid-conquering-hero

Having left Walter Reed hospital after a three-day stint recovering from the coronavirus, President Donald Trump began, what aides and confidants say is, a new phase of the presidential campaign: an effort to turn his illness into an electoral asset.
“How is it playing?” the president quizzed several advisers and senior aides since Friday, polling them on their thoughts on how his diagnosis was being covered in the press.

He also was scheming. And at the top of his mind, according to three people with knowledge of his private comments, was how to reverse the damage that his campaign may be enduring by him being off the trail. Trump assured confidants that he would be back soon, though he wasn’t sure if he could commit to doing so in the coming week. And he previewed what is set to become the latest of many 2020 messaging reboots in the past few months.

The president repeatedly claimed that once he recovers from the coronavirus—for which First Lady Melania Trump, his campaign manager, debate sparing partner, press secretary, and other aides also tested positive—he’ll be able to present himself as a conqueror of it, both personally and politically.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1833 on: October 05, 2020, 09:19:47 PM »

I will refrain from further comment on this because I don't want to get my first infracted post.

Oh believe me, there are dozens of us on here who all want the same thing but can't say it because it will get taken down.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1834 on: October 05, 2020, 09:30:40 PM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1835 on: October 05, 2020, 09:36:31 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-actually-believes-he-can-sell-himself-to-america-as-a-covid-conquering-hero

Having left Walter Reed hospital after a three-day stint recovering from the coronavirus, President Donald Trump began, what aides and confidants say is, a new phase of the presidential campaign: an effort to turn his illness into an electoral asset.
“How is it playing?” the president quizzed several advisers and senior aides since Friday, polling them on their thoughts on how his diagnosis was being covered in the press.

He also was scheming. And at the top of his mind, according to three people with knowledge of his private comments, was how to reverse the damage that his campaign may be enduring by him being off the trail. Trump assured confidants that he would be back soon, though he wasn’t sure if he could commit to doing so in the coming week. And he previewed what is set to become the latest of many 2020 messaging reboots in the past few months.

The president repeatedly claimed that once he recovers from the coronavirus—for which First Lady Melania Trump, his campaign manager, debate sparing partner, press secretary, and other aides also tested positive—he’ll be able to present himself as a conqueror of it, both personally and politically.

Wow...his advisors must have given up.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1836 on: October 05, 2020, 09:43:46 PM »

Wow...his advisors must have given up.

He campaign chair is out with COVID. Kellyanne has both stepped away and is infected. Chris Christie, who has sometimes provided Trump with a thankless voice of political sanity, is in the hospital with COVID. Giuliani is coughing on Fox News.  Jared and Ivanka are cheering him and telling him how awesome he is at everything. There are who knows how many other infections in his immediate circles, and he's infectious himself so the self-interested weasels he uses as lackeys likely don't want to get anywhere near him.

I suspect it's not so much "given up" as "removed them from the board as a direct result of his and their own actions".
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #1837 on: October 05, 2020, 09:58:51 PM »

Melania hasn’t left the WH. For all her faults, she didn’t want to leave bc she didn’t want to give it to the secret service agents.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #1838 on: October 05, 2020, 10:03:24 PM »

Based on Tucker's monologue tonight, the mission statement over the next 3 weeks is that because Trump did ok the virus really isn't that bad. We'll see what happens when the rest of Fox falls in line tomorrow and how that saturates the air waves and if  it   works.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1839 on: October 05, 2020, 11:00:51 PM »

Based on Tucker's monologue tonight, the mission statement over the next 3 weeks is that because Trump did ok the virus really isn't that bad. We'll see what happens when the rest of Fox falls in line tomorrow and how that saturates the air waves and if  it   works.

This is the definition of preaching to the converted and I genuinely hope this is what they go with.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1840 on: October 05, 2020, 11:07:32 PM »

Just watched the video of Trumps return to the white house
everything seem ok until he took off his mask and that is when it become very clear that trump was having severe breathing problems

To be honest I was furious after seeing that clip and its not simply because trump took off his mask its also because he was clearly struggling to breath and was not well yet the people who are supposed care about him are simply ignoring that fact.

His family and so called friends should be ashamed of themselves
I would never let my elderly father or mother check out of a hospital when I know for a fact that they are still sick.

Trump should not be on a campaign trail or trying to get on a debate stage
He should be at that hospital trying his best to recover from a virus that is most likely going to effect him for the rest of his life

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1841 on: October 05, 2020, 11:11:24 PM »

Just watched the video of Trumps return to the white house
everything seem ok until he took off his mask and that is when it become very clear that trump was having severe breathing problems

To be honest I was furious after seeing that clip and its not simply because trump took off his mask its also because he was clearly struggling to breath and was not well yet the people who are supposed care about him are simply ignoring that fact.

His family and so called friends should be ashamed of themselves
I would never let my elderly father or mother check out of a hospital when I know for a fact that they are still sick.

Trump should not be on a campaign trail or trying to get on a debate stage
He should be at that hospital trying his best to recover from a virus that is most likely going to effect him for the rest of his life

Yep. Trump may be a moral monster, but he's also a sick old man and there is a duty of care that is manifestly not being met.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1842 on: October 05, 2020, 11:16:01 PM »

I'm not predicting this will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Trump's condition take a turn for the worse in a few weeks, he dies, and then Republicans, having ignored the tried and true strategy of banking as many votes as possible via VBM, lose up and down the ballot due to depressed turnout from the cultists on election day.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1843 on: October 05, 2020, 11:44:48 PM »

I'm not predicting this will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Trump's condition take a turn for the worse in a few weeks, he dies, and then Republicans, having ignored the tried and true strategy of banking as many votes as possible via VBM, lose up and down the ballot due to depressed turnout from the cultists on election day.

I don't want it to happen but imagine if Trump were to die within 48 hours of Election Day, leaving Trump voters completely deflated and very little to care in Mike Pence. In my mind, the absolute worst case scenario for the GOP.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1844 on: October 05, 2020, 11:51:17 PM »

It makes sense if you remember that Evita is Trump's favorite musical.

big data boi
demosboccaccio
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.58, S: -3.91

« Reply #1845 on: October 05, 2020, 11:54:17 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2020, 12:59:38 PM by --- demos --- Save the Republic »

I again weep for our country. I had sympathy for the man for 3 days, but it turns out he hasn't learned a single f***ing thing. He's not capable. Sorry to get personal here, but I've had enough.

The thing about this whole grotesque drama, is that it is so utterly, indescribably insulting to the rest of us. North of 200,000 people have died, and before the pandemic is fully over, we'll surely hit a million at this rate. Not to mention all those who survive but sustain permanent neurological/ pulmonary damage.

For normal people -- i.e. those not in the cult -- the reason why this is so deeply enraging is that many of us have completely upended our lives to combat this. It's only trivially about mask wearing -- I'm young and healthy, but have sustained financial losses that will take years to recover from. I haven't been able to see my family for far too long.  Life has been thrown completely off course.  Several people close and dear to me are at extremely high risk.

And for anybody blaming this on shutdowns, I would gladly live through ten years of depression to save my loved ones' lives. More fundamentally, it's the callous attitude toward human life ("affects virtually nobody")that's so deeply jarring to me as a Christian. I work supply chain at a covid testing lab now.

The loss is just so extreme. But they are all wrapped up in their obscene positive-psychology delusions. I just wish they could have the slightest consideration for how hard this is on everybody. But they can't.

So no. There's no sympathy bump. Absolutely, unequivocally f**k these people.  
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1846 on: October 05, 2020, 11:59:20 PM »

I don't want it to happen but imagine if Trump were to die within 48 hours of Election Day, leaving Trump voters completely deflated and very little to care in Mike Pence. In my mind, the absolute worst case scenario for the GOP.

This occurred to me as well, after seeing that Herman Cain timeline.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1847 on: October 05, 2020, 11:59:46 PM »

I again weep for our country. I had sympathy for the man for 3 days, but it turns out he hasn't learned a single f***ing thing. He's not capable. Sorry to get personal here, but I've had enough.

The thing about this whole grotesque drama, is that it is so utterly, indescribably insulting to the rest of us. North of 200,000 people have died, and before the pandemic is fully over, we'll surely hit a million at this rate. Not to mention all those who survive but sustain permanent neurological/ pulmonary damage.

For normal people -- i.e. those not in the cult -- the reason why this is so deeply enraging is that many of us have completely upended our lives to combat this. It's only trivially about mask wearing -- I'm young and healthy, but have sustained financial losses that will take years to recover from. I haven't been able to see my family for far too long.  Life has been thrown completely off course.  Several people close and dear to me are at extremely high risk.

And for anybody blaming this on shutdowns, I would gladly live through ten years of depression to save my loved ones' lives. More fundamentally, it's the callous attitude toward human life ("affects virtually nobody")that's so deeply jarring to me as a Christian. My boyfriend is a doctor in an ER, and let's just say he's had a rough time too. I work supply chain at a covid testing lab now.

The loss is just so extreme. But they are all wrapped up in their obscene positive-psychology delusions. I just wish they could have the slightest consideration for how hard this is on everybody. But they can't.

So no. There's no sympathy bump. Absolutely, unequivocally f**k these people. 

Extremely well put.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #1848 on: October 06, 2020, 12:16:06 AM »

Me and the girls in front of the White House:

Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #1849 on: October 06, 2020, 12:19:48 AM »

It’s safe to say, any small chance of Trump winning the election has diminished tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies