Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 12:07:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91535 times)
Buzz

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: October 05, 2020, 05:33:30 PM »

There was never going to be a damn sympathy bump for a guy that downplayed the virus for the past 6 months.  Stop arguing over stupid ****!!!!!!!!!
So you admit he downplayed the virus?
I’ve been saying for at least 4 months on here he botched COVID response and it probably cost him election so don’t act surprised.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1726 on: October 05, 2020, 05:34:43 PM »

Even beyond the obvious reckless and tone-deaf nature of his new "I caught COVID and it's not that bad" message, I think it's awful for him electorally, even if he really does recover without further complications. The message might get sympathy among the 18-40 age group (for them you could reasonably say it's true), but this will not sway their vote. But the 65+ age group most certainly will hate this message with a passion and it will sway their votes. Old people hate more than anything when people even mention, much less mock, their mortality, which Trump is doing here.  
Wrong.
Young people are more likely to be laughing at Trump for catching Covid-19. Remember, we grew up in a less "polite" World thanks to the internet, there is no sympathy in the lower age brackets. If anyone would give a sympathy bump, it would be people 40-65. Old enough to be prone to such a trend, but young enough to not be massacred by Covid.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1727 on: October 05, 2020, 05:35:46 PM »

A profoundly dubious decision, but you won't catch me shedding tears when he faints onstage
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1728 on: October 05, 2020, 05:37:06 PM »

A profoundly dubious decision, but you won't catch me shedding tears when he faints onstage
I will have tears, but they won't be from sadness.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1729 on: October 05, 2020, 05:37:36 PM »

Even beyond the obvious reckless and tone-deaf nature of his new "I caught COVID and it's not that bad" message, I think it's awful for him electorally, even if he really does recover without further complications. The message might get sympathy among the 18-40 age group (for them you could reasonably say it's true), but this will not sway their vote. But the 65+ age group most certainly will hate this message with a passion and it will sway their votes. Old people hate more than anything when people even mention, much less mock, their mortality, which Trump is doing here.  
Wrong.
Young people are more likely to be laughing at Trump for catching Covid-19. Remember, we grew up in a less "polite" World thanks to the internet, there is no sympathy in the lower age brackets. If anyone would give a sympathy bump, it would be people 40-65. Old enough to be prone to such a trend, but young enough to not be massacred by Covid.

NGL, that is kind of true unfortunately, but TBF his actions could make or break my future, so at this point I kind of feel like I have a right to laugh at him a bit. I try to still be a respectful person though and do not wish death upon him or anyone else, regardless of whether or not I like them as a politician.
compucomp

« Reply #1730 on: October 05, 2020, 05:38:55 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2020, 05:42:19 PM by compucomp »

Wrong.

Yes, they're laughing at Trump, but what I meant was that if "I caught COVID and it wasn't that bad" is accepted generally, then social distancing restrictions would be undone, and they can resume partying, clubbing, bar hopping, etc, which of course they desperately want to do. That's why I say they would sympathize with that view point.

I live in NJ, and there (and in NYC) such activities are still severely restricted. Maybe elsewhere in the US the partying/bar scene is already back.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1731 on: October 05, 2020, 05:40:59 PM »

There was never going to be a damn sympathy bump for a guy that downplayed the virus for the past 6 months.  Stop arguing over stupid ****!!!!!!!!!

And don't you believe he will win?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1732 on: October 05, 2020, 05:42:22 PM »

Wrong.

Yes, they're laughing at Trump, but what I meant was that if "I caught COVID and it wasn't that bad" is accepted generally, then social distancing restrictions would be undone, and they can resume partying, clubbing, bar hopping, etc, which of course they desperately want to do. That's why I say they would sympathize with that view point.

That would require that young voters believe a word Trump says.
solidcoalition
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1733 on: October 05, 2020, 05:42:34 PM »

President looked good leaving Walter Reed. A very disrespectful reporter shouted out “Do you think you’re a super spreader?” Such disrespect. Perhaps I should vote for him out of spite for the reporters.
Buzz

« Reply #1734 on: October 05, 2020, 05:42:36 PM »

And don't you believe he will win?

No.  I’ve had him losing since late May.
tjstarling
Rookie

« Reply #1735 on: October 05, 2020, 05:44:07 PM »

President looked good leaving Walter Reed. A very disrespectful reporter shouted out “Do you think you’re a super spreader?” Such disrespect. Perhaps I should vote for him out of spite for the reporters.
We know you’re voting for him anyway. You can stop pretending otherwise.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #1736 on: October 05, 2020, 05:48:11 PM »

That's a really good point.  I oppose most everything Trump does but, frankly, the disrespect from that reporter is just too much for me to handle.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1737 on: October 05, 2020, 05:48:51 PM »

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1738 on: October 05, 2020, 05:49:11 PM »

You really are a terrible troll.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1739 on: October 05, 2020, 05:56:59 PM »

The reports should definitely give Mr. Trump the respect he deserves. Unfortunately, it's their job to cover his deplorable antics, and they lack the legal authority to arrest, try and imprison him.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1740 on: October 05, 2020, 05:57:36 PM »

As opposed to the tremendous amount of respect he showed New Jerseyans or his campaign staff or his own Secret Service detail when he... *checks notes* ...was knowingly spreading the virus to them?

Give me a f**king break.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1741 on: October 05, 2020, 05:59:50 PM »

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1742 on: October 05, 2020, 06:01:58 PM »

Donald Trump is - quite literally - on steroids.

brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1743 on: October 05, 2020, 06:03:14 PM »

(SO MUCH RESPECT, solidcoalition!!)
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1744 on: October 05, 2020, 06:03:42 PM »

He literally walked up the stairs of the White House, took his mask off, took photographs, and then walked into the White House WITHOUT PUTTING HIS MASK BACK ON... Are you kidding me???

YOU HAVE COVID YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1745 on: October 05, 2020, 06:04:19 PM »

No shame. No decency. No courtesy. No respect for human life.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1746 on: October 05, 2020, 06:04:27 PM »

I was going to give a rare angry-PQG rant, but there just aren't enough words for me to use.  
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #1747 on: October 05, 2020, 06:05:27 PM »

$20 says he faints and gets admitted to the ICU.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1748 on: October 05, 2020, 06:05:41 PM »

I was going to give a rare angry-PQG rant, but there just aren't enough words for me to use.  

I'm very interested, if you change your mind.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1749 on: October 05, 2020, 06:06:13 PM »

I am assuming the Biden/Harris transition team already has plans to comprehensively clean and disinfect the White House and Naval Observatory before setting up residence after January 20...  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies