Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:30:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91433 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: October 03, 2020, 10:53:20 AM »

Trump in all likelyhood couldn't even fake this if he wanted to. Remember that a lot of medical personell and (military) docs are involved here. Imagine a prez going to them and his staff saying "hey, let's fake a Covid infection for political gain; and get me to the hospital". Do people like Moore really assume everyone from these countless officials just go along with that and nothing ever leaks? With all the leaks we have seen from this WH? That's beyond questionable.

Another reason Trump wouldn't fake this is because it prevents him from speeches and rallies. He's addicted to attention and admiration from his crowds, so why would we forgo weeks of campaigning? He hasn't even tweeted much since the announcement was made. Does anyone really believe he would have the discipline to refrain from tweeting if he was doing just fine?

I'm not about to conclude that the White House wouldn't do something just because it would be stupid and likely wouldn't work.

But getting Walter Reed involved does change things. More chances for leaks, and a lot more people who haven't passed Donald's debased loyalty tests. When it was "he'll quarantine in the WH" I think it was reasonable to be skeptical, given this administration's track record with the truth. Now, I'm convinced he has it, and the only thing we'll probably be lied to about is his actual condition.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1026 on: October 03, 2020, 10:53:54 AM »

Why is Dr. Conley answering questions like an RNC lawyer and not a Doctor?

He was probably given very clear guidelines on what to say and what not to say.

Sounds like a bunch of malarkey to me.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1027 on: October 03, 2020, 10:54:10 AM »

Same shape.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1028 on: October 03, 2020, 10:54:27 AM »

Conley says we are 72 hours into the diagnosis. We were told around 1 am on Friday morning that POTUS was positive, which is only 36 hours ago.

So they knew on Wednesday?

**** these people.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1029 on: October 03, 2020, 10:55:12 AM »

Trump in all likelyhood couldn't even fake this if he wanted to. Remember that a lot of medical personell and (military) docs are involved here. Imagine a prez going to them and his staff saying "hey, let's fake a Covid infection for political gain; and get me to the hospital". Do people like Moore really assume everyone from these countless officials just go along with that and nothing ever leaks? With all the leaks we have seen from this WH? That's beyond questionable.

Another reason Trump wouldn't fake this is because it prevents him from speeches and rallies. He's addicted to attention and admiration from his crowds, so why would we forgo weeks of campaigning? He hasn't even tweeted much since the announcement was made. Does anyone really believe he would have the discipline to refrain from tweeting if he was doing just fine?

I'm not about to conclude that the White House wouldn't do something just because it would be stupid and likely wouldn't work.

But getting Walter Reed involved does change things. More chances for leaks, and a lot more people who haven't passed Donald's debased loyalty tests. When it was "he'll quarantine in the WH" I think it was reasonable to be skeptical, given this administration's track record with the truth. Now, I'm convinced he has it, and the only thing we'll probably be lied to about is his actual condition.

I don't think he's faking it.  He's acted recklessly and he got covid.  I also doubt all these other Republicans are faking it as part of a big conspiracy.  The Amy Coney Barrett event was a super spreader event and these people all got it bad.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1030 on: October 03, 2020, 10:55:15 AM »

Ngl I did think that when I typed it lol.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1031 on: October 03, 2020, 10:55:31 AM »

Conley says we are 72 hours into the diagnosis. We were told around 1 am on Friday morning that POTUS was positive, which is only 36 hours ago.

**** these people.

Didn’t he do a fundraiser on Thursday???

I’m hoping against hope he misspoke...
Hassan 2022
Calm NH Lib
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1032 on: October 03, 2020, 10:55:35 AM »

**** these people.

BidenHarris2020

« Reply #1033 on: October 03, 2020, 10:55:59 AM »

He's literally shaped like a crystal ball.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1034 on: October 03, 2020, 10:56:07 AM »

**** these people.

I wonder how the people at his private fundraiser feel now...
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1035 on: October 03, 2020, 10:57:03 AM »

**** these people.

Literally who cares. Just desserts IMO.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1036 on: October 03, 2020, 10:57:49 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1037 on: October 03, 2020, 10:58:52 AM »

**** these people.

If this turns out correct and dominates headlines.... Jesus Christ. If there was ever a sympathy bump, he can kiss it goodbye. Especially if someone from Bedminister dies from the virus.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1038 on: October 03, 2020, 10:59:12 AM »

Jesus Christ.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1039 on: October 03, 2020, 11:00:01 AM »

**** these people.

If this turns out correct and dominates headlines.... Jesus Christ. If there was ever a sympathy bump, he can kiss it goodbye. Especially if someone from Bedminister dies from the virus.
I hope this story spreads rapidly.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1040 on: October 03, 2020, 11:00:22 AM »

So.... he was sick at the debate. Found out the next morning. And probably waited a day and a half because revealing you were sick the day after the debate would’ve been a big scandal. But now we know.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1041 on: October 03, 2020, 11:00:45 AM »

**** these people.

I'm guessing they won't raise  any more funds for him....
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1042 on: October 03, 2020, 11:03:34 AM »

He’s totally finished if this is true, absolutely no coming back
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1043 on: October 03, 2020, 11:04:52 AM »

And this is why I don’t feel bad for him
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #1044 on: October 03, 2020, 11:05:10 AM »

Is there a guest list available for the New Jersey fundraiser? Which big name donors were there, and at risk?
compucomp

« Reply #1045 on: October 03, 2020, 11:06:38 AM »

So.... he was sick at the debate. Found out the next morning. And probably waited a day and a half because revealing you were sick the day after the debate would’ve been a big scandal. But now we know.

In that case, Trump would have been highly infectious at the debate and I pray 12 feet of distance was enough. Joe is not out of the woods yet, early negative tests can be false negatives. This is a science experiment arguably with the fate of America hanging on it.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1046 on: October 03, 2020, 11:07:24 AM »

Giving someone Covid on Fifth Avenue.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1047 on: October 03, 2020, 11:08:50 AM »

Ever since it became clear the Barret nomination was the superspreader, I think it's been pretty obvious Trump has had it for days, never intended to disclose it, and only went public once his condition turned south. Now it's the job of the Biden campaign to make sure every American understands this.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1048 on: October 03, 2020, 11:09:49 AM »

Ever since it became clear the Barret nomination was the superspreader, I think it's been pretty obvious Trump has had it for days, never intended to disclose it, and only went public once his condition turned south. Now it's the job of the Biden campaign to make sure every American understands this.
Very possible.
Hassan 2022
Calm NH Lib
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1049 on: October 03, 2020, 11:09:57 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies