Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 12:37:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 90136 times)
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: October 02, 2020, 07:18:19 PM »

Biden needs to reverse his decision.

Yeah, reverse the decision. Say "we made a good faith effort to be kind to the President and his team but they were not willing to show us the same kindness in return. We have no choice but to continue reminding voters about the President's record."
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #726 on: October 02, 2020, 07:19:44 PM »

Not related to Trump. But...

Why only 10 days instead of 15? Because McConnell cares more about getting judges confirmed than not killing a building full of geriatrics including himself?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #727 on: October 02, 2020, 07:23:46 PM »

So in just one day, we've had two more Senators (Lee and Tillis), that have been diagnosed with the virus. I predicted earlier that we could be seeing a wave of such diagnoses among prominent political figures. And it seems like I've been proven correct.

Why only 10 days instead of 15? Because McConnell cares more about getting judges confirmed than not killing a building full of geriatrics including himself?

Mitch McConnell is a despicable human being. He won't change his behaviors unless (and I hate saying this), he himself were to be infected by, and become seriously ill with, this virus.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #728 on: October 02, 2020, 07:26:29 PM »

So in just one day, we've had two more Senators (Lee and Tillis), that have been diagnosed with the virus. I predicted earlier that we could be seeing a wave of such diagnoses among prominent political figures. And it seems like I've been proven correct.

Mitch McConnell is a despicable human being. He won't change his behaviors unless (and I hate saying this), he himself were to be infected by, and become seriously ill with, this virus.

I wouldn't mind it at all if the political gods give McConnell COVID-19.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #729 on: October 02, 2020, 07:29:51 PM »

Journalists who work at the White House are testing positive for Covid-19

New York (CNN Business)A widening coronavirus outbreak at the White House has left members of the media scrambling to find out if they, too, are infected.

Three journalists who work at the White House tested positive on Friday, according to a series of memos from the White House Correspondents Association.

"Given these positive cases, the president's diagnosis and positive cases among other members of the White House staff, a number of White House journalists are self-isolating pending diagnostic testing," the correspondents association said in a email to members Friday night.

A White House staffer who sits in the "lower press" area of the West Wing also received a confirmed positive result on Friday morning.

[...]

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/media/journalists-white-house-covid-19/index.html
Jay 🏳️‍⚧️
trippytropicana
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #730 on: October 02, 2020, 07:32:23 PM »

That's basically why, yeah. ACB's hearings begin in 10 days, so that's why Tillis and Lee are only going to self-isolate for 10.

Now if they get seriously ill. this changes things a lot.
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #731 on: October 02, 2020, 07:38:07 PM »

I'm so so traumatized by 2016 and my delusional thinking back then, but enough is enough. This election is over. The Senate is likely flipping. The President is some 21st century Paris-Hilton-meets-Mafioso type and he's in a little hospital room in Maryland right now thinking about how his breathing is getting worse.

I don't really want anyone to die but reality has just been broken for too long, and all of us stuck in the worst year of our lives while he acts like nothing's happening. Reality is asserting itself, it will continue to assert itself, and that is extremely bad news for the man staring down a disease he let destroy all of our lives as well as the worst electoral disgrace since 1980.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #732 on: October 02, 2020, 07:43:27 PM »

Bleach?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #733 on: October 02, 2020, 07:48:09 PM »

Another outrage about Trump and his circle being human super-spreaders is that they may very well contribute to a spike in my state after hosting that fundraiser in Bedminster in their current condition. I hope Trump gets rejected by Somerset County by even more than his record loss for a Republican in 2016.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #734 on: October 02, 2020, 07:56:48 PM »

Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #735 on: October 02, 2020, 08:16:37 PM »

BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #736 on: October 02, 2020, 08:18:51 PM »

I figured the Secret Service probably advised him a million times to follow CDC guidelines and he didn't listen.
MidwestPollster
Rookie
« Reply #737 on: October 02, 2020, 08:26:06 PM »

I figured the Secret Service probably advised him a million times to follow CDC guidelines and he didn't listen.

Can you imagine what the ears of these secret service officers have heard since January 2017?
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #738 on: October 02, 2020, 08:29:30 PM »

Can you imagine what the ears of these secret service officers have heard since January 2017?

Conditional on like, Biden outperforming his polls by 2-3 points and winning by 11 or 12 and thus creating a consensus cultural rejection of Trump, I wonder how much stuff people like them have heard will come out.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #739 on: October 02, 2020, 08:35:31 PM »

Conditional on like, Biden outperforming his polls by 2-3 points and winning by 11 or 12 and thus creating a consensus cultural rejection of Trump, I wonder how much stuff people like them have heard will come out.

Even if Biden only narrowly wins, I'm pretty sure they're aware of the profits that are open to them through book deals in which a lot of this would still come out.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #740 on: October 02, 2020, 08:45:03 PM »

Oh Neptune
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #741 on: October 02, 2020, 08:50:54 PM »

Please don't die before November 3!

dunceDude
United States

« Reply #742 on: October 02, 2020, 08:53:26 PM »

This keeps getting worse OMFG.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #743 on: October 02, 2020, 08:55:48 PM »

dunceDude
United States

« Reply #744 on: October 02, 2020, 08:59:39 PM »

Trump campaign today

JRP1994

« Reply #745 on: October 02, 2020, 09:01:16 PM »

I am calling for a total & complete shutdown of the Republican Party until we figure out what's going on
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #746 on: October 02, 2020, 09:02:37 PM »

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #747 on: October 02, 2020, 09:03:43 PM »

Damn it.  He got away with virtually everything his entire life.  I do not want him to die before he sees election results live on television showing himself not just defeated but repudiated in a landslide by the country.  He does not deserve to be spared the mercy of knowing he died a loser.    
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #748 on: October 02, 2020, 09:04:06 PM »

Maybe these people will FINALLY start taking this thing seriously.

Republicans have really letdown the entire country, and it’s awful that their own personal health is what it takes for them to care, but hopefully they will now.
compucomp

« Reply #749 on: October 02, 2020, 09:05:21 PM »

Damn it.  He got away with virtually everything his entire life.  I do not want him to die before he sees election results live on television showing himself not just defeated but repudiated in a landslide by the country.  He does not deserve that mercy.    

Based on everything I've read, dying of COVID-19 is not a merciful end.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies