Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:35:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91413 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: October 03, 2020, 01:32:39 AM »

More importantly, will his supporters?
roxas11
United States

« Reply #951 on: October 03, 2020, 03:00:15 AM »

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #952 on: October 03, 2020, 03:02:24 AM »

There's literally a Trump tweet for everything. Somehow during Obama's presidency he managed to predict the entire course of his own.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #953 on: October 03, 2020, 03:09:08 AM »

I have a gut feeling that his condition is going to worsen over the weekend.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #954 on: October 03, 2020, 03:14:18 AM »

There's literally a Trump tweet for everything. Somehow during Obama's presidency he managed to predict the entire course of his own.

It's not actually that strange, because he's projecting. He imagined Obama to do the sort of sh***y things he'd do if he were president so of course then he does them all when given the chance!
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #955 on: October 03, 2020, 03:16:43 AM »

It's not actually that strange, because he's projecting. He imagined Obama to do the sort of sh***y things he'd do if he were president so of course then he does them all when given the chance!

The even bigger irony that I remember is him demanding Obama resign because of literally two ebola deaths.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #956 on: October 03, 2020, 03:25:48 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2020, 03:38:49 AM by BlueSwan »

I'm sure the writers are going to have him on his deathbed before he makes a miraculous recovery in time for the third debate to reignite the horse race.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #957 on: October 03, 2020, 03:29:09 AM »

I'm sure the writer's are going to have him on his deathbed before he makes a miraculous recovery in time for the third debate to reignite the horse race.

This is so obviously what's going to happen it's not even funny.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #958 on: October 03, 2020, 03:39:42 AM »

I'm sure the writer's are going to have him on his deathbed before he makes a miraculous recovery in time for the third debate to reignite the horse race.

This past week has been like watching late seasons of 24, where they throw everything and the kitchen sink at every single episode.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #959 on: October 03, 2020, 03:48:22 AM »

2020 jumped the shark long ago. Too unrealistic.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #960 on: October 03, 2020, 03:55:04 AM »

TRUMP WASN'T TESTED BEFORE THE DEBATE!!!

Honor System. Trump. Pick two concepts in the world that are less in conflict oh, I dare you.

I doubt it was a matter of honor. Trump is tested every morning so he probably felt that another test just a few hours later was unnecessary.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #961 on: October 03, 2020, 04:14:25 AM »

Ask Susan Collins.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #962 on: October 03, 2020, 04:22:17 AM »

No.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #963 on: October 03, 2020, 04:51:54 AM »

There are people out there that want to believe that Covid never existed and that we in a 4 percent unemployment economy like in 2016, people that don't wear masks are risking their lives like Trump.

But, we all live in a World together and we have caught diseases from one another, that's why we are mortal, not immortal

Most people fatality in hospitals and nursing homes are do to getting germs from others, not just their own gerns
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #964 on: October 03, 2020, 04:58:29 AM »

Trump also did the same when Hillary got sick in September 2016  with pneumonia and had to be hospitalized:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/11/new-trump-ad-revives-and-mainstreams-sick-hillary-attack/

Trump is a scumbag and deserves everything he gets.  Nevertheless, I hope and pray that he recovers fully from this dreadful virus.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #965 on: October 03, 2020, 05:30:58 AM »

If Trump dies before ACB is confirmed, is her nomination still valid?  Or does she need to be renominated by the new president?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #966 on: October 03, 2020, 06:01:17 AM »

If Trump dies before ACB is confirmed, is her nomination still valid?  Or does she need to be renominated by the new president?

Good question. I would assume the nomination remains valid. John F. Kennedy made a Court of Appeals nomination in September 1963, but the judge was confirmed in December 1963, after the president died. However, in Wikipedia's list, there is footnote saying "nominated by John F. Kennedy, but appointed by Lyndon B. Johnson". Not exactly sure what that means, whether LBJ had to resubmit the nomination document. But even if ACB’s nomination were to become invalid, Pence would just submit it again. Not sure whether that may cause the process to restart and coast then too much time.

Edit: Seems like no additional nomination was sent:

On September 9, 1963, Edwards was nominated by President John F. Kennedy to a seat on the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit vacated by Judge Thomas Francis McAllister.[1] His confirmation hearing in the United States Senate commenced the day before President Kennedy was assassinated. Edwards was confirmed on December 16, 1963,[1] over the objections of the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, J. Edgar Hoover.[2] Edwards received his commission on December 19, 1963, from President Lyndon B. Johnson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Clifton_Edwards_Jr.#Federal_judicial_service
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #967 on: October 03, 2020, 06:13:10 AM »

Seems like they're pumping Trump full with any drug they have at Walter Reed as a preventive measure (except hydroxychloroquine, because that could kill him).

So, I suppose he's probably gonna make it.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #968 on: October 03, 2020, 06:18:59 AM »

Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #969 on: October 03, 2020, 06:24:22 AM »

Seems like they're pumping Trump full with any drug they have at Walter Reed as a preventive measure (except hydroxychloroquine, because that could kill him).

In theory...

The problem is that we don't actually have much evidence about which of these treatments are actually effective against COVID-19. They're just throwing everything against the wall, to see what sticks.

Remesdivir has been associated with mild-moderate kidney damage in some patients, and in my experience with scientific and medical ethics, you don't give someone a potentially dangerous treatment unless withholding the treatment will lead to a significantly worse outcome.

I'd wager things are pretty touch and go right now. Statistically he's got good odds if he's in similar condition a week from now, but if he goes onto a ventilator, we could be looking at a far darker scenario.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #970 on: October 03, 2020, 06:37:33 AM »

In theory...

The problem is that we don't actually have much evidence about which of these treatments are actually effective against COVID-19. They're just throwing everything against the wall, to see what sticks.

Remesdivir has been associated with mild-moderate kidney damage in some patients, and in my experience with scientific and medical ethics, you don't give someone a potentially dangerous treatment unless withholding the treatment will lead to a significantly worse outcome.

I'd wager things are pretty touch and go right now. Statistically he's got good odds if he's in similar condition a week from now, but if he goes onto a ventilator, we could be looking at a far darker scenario.

Well, based on that medical article from The Atlantic someone posted here yesterday, Donald Trump would normally have almost a 20% chance of dying given his age and body mass index. Maybe they decided a nominal fatality rate of 20% justifies risking kidney damage.

In addition, there were those reports that Trump started to panick yesterday after developing mild symptoms so maybe he's eager to agree to (push his doctors for?) any treatment at this point.

I mean there was this episode earlier this year were he reportedly took hydroxychloroquine for a while on his own initiatve despite having had no COVID infection at all. So maybe he insisted on getting hydroxychloroquine shots now as well and the doctors managed to negotiate him down to a antibiotics cocktail and remdesivir, because that at least could help him.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #971 on: October 03, 2020, 06:52:27 AM »

In theory...

Well, based on that medical article from The Atlantic someone posted here yesterday, Donald Trump would normally have almost a 20% chance of dying given his age and body mass index. Maybe they decided a nominal fatality rate of 20% justifies risking kidney damage.

In addition, there were those reports that Trump started to panick yesterday after developing mild symptoms so maybe he's eager to agree to (push his doctors for?) any treatment at this point.

I mean there was this episode earlier this year were he reportedly took hydroxychloroquine for a while on his own initiatve despite having had no COVID infection at all. So maybe he insisted on getting hydroxychloroquine shots now as well and the doctors managed to negotiate him down to a antibiotics cocktail and remdesivir, because that at least could help him.

That’s fair. If the risk of death was 20%, that would provide the opportunity to cut a lot of red tape. And yeah, I could see these treatments being a negotiation down from something a lot less sensible that Trump was pushing for.
Brandern
« Reply #972 on: October 03, 2020, 07:01:15 AM »

The drug treatments they are giving Trump are super random and possibly really risky.

Trump is like Elvis, taking handfuls of random, dangerous drugs as long as they are prescribed by a doctor.

But illegal drugs are bad!!! Stay in school, stay off drugs.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #973 on: October 03, 2020, 07:31:49 AM »

When you get everything manufactured from Philippines, China and Japan, you are bound to get another plague, we had the bird flu in 2010. Sports and Nike is made in China and automobiles is made in Japan and Cell phones are Samsung and so are TVs, made in East Asian countries
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #974 on: October 03, 2020, 07:58:57 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies