Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:55:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91428 times)
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: October 02, 2020, 10:20:10 AM »

Usually you don't experience symptoms until a week after exposure.

If Trump has only had it for 48 hours or so, and he's already experiencing symptoms, then it's probably gonna be bad.

We need some Biden test results ASAP.  I'm hopeful, because Pence doesn't have it.  But Biden was up there 6-12 feet away from Trump with Trump screaming and spitting in an enclosed space all night long.

That said, from a few of the camera angles of the set it looks like there was a pretty high ceiling above them -- they did in the atrium of a building that went up 4 or 5 stories.  Maybe there was sufficient ventilation to save Biden.

Yeah. If Trump already has a fever and cough, I think the chances of him being hospitalized have gone up exponentially. We'll see what happens.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #376 on: October 02, 2020, 10:22:27 AM »

If Trump has only had it for 48 hours or so, and he's already experiencing symptoms, then it's probably gonna be bad.

We need some Biden test results ASAP.  I'm hopeful, because Pence doesn't have it.  But Biden was up there 6-12 feet away from Trump with Trump screaming and spitting in an enclosed space all night long.

That said, from a few of the camera angles of the set it looks like there was a pretty high ceiling above them -- they did in the atrium of a building that went up 4 or 5 stories.  Maybe there was sufficient ventilation to save Biden.

Yeah. If Trump already has a fever and cough, I think the chances of him being hospitalized have gone up exponentially. We'll see what happens.

Thoughts and prayers is all I will say.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #377 on: October 02, 2020, 10:24:00 AM »

Well, it's possible his infection happened on Monday or so. Then he was without symptoms for the usual 4-5 days.
BobbieMac
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #378 on: October 02, 2020, 10:25:23 AM »

It's entirely possible Trump is out of commission until election day.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #379 on: October 02, 2020, 10:27:27 AM »

Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #380 on: October 02, 2020, 10:33:33 AM »

Biden is still waiting for his test results, per the AP:

11:10 a.m.

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has been tested for the coronavirus in the wake of President Donald Trump’s infection and is awaiting results.

That’s according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation who spoke on the condition of anonymity to share internal discussions.

Biden was on the debate stage with Trump for more than 90 minutes earlier in the week.

It’s unclear if Biden will appear at his scheduled campaign events later in the day. The Democrat’s campaign is expected to announce the results of Biden’s test and his travel plans later Friday.

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-donald-trump-seniors-melania-trump-archive-a70acfe14728e061ff93be93314cff88
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #381 on: October 02, 2020, 10:34:14 AM »

It's entirely possible Trump is out of commission until election day.

“Will you shut up, man!”
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #382 on: October 02, 2020, 10:50:06 AM »

Imagine how awful it would be if Biden died from having been infected with covid by Trump, who survived.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #383 on: October 02, 2020, 10:52:48 AM »

Sen. Mike Lee has tested positive.  He visited the White House a few days ago.

CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #384 on: October 02, 2020, 10:54:42 AM »

Sen. Lee is also on the judiciary committee.  I wonder who he has interacted with over the last few days.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #385 on: October 02, 2020, 10:54:46 AM »

I wonder how this will affect the SCOTUS nomination. If half of the Senate is isolated for weeks, what does that do to the timeline?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #386 on: October 02, 2020, 10:55:52 AM »

Not surprised Atlas thinks this will help Trump. Obviously this is horrible for him.

Hope he recovers, we live in crazy times
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #387 on: October 02, 2020, 10:56:21 AM »

Imagine how awful it would be if Biden died from having been infected with covid by Trump, who survived.
That would actually be great.
Kamala would surge in the polls from a sympathy bump.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #388 on: October 02, 2020, 10:56:54 AM »

Sen. Lee is also on the judiciary committee.  I wonder who he has interacted with over the last few days.

I know of at least one person he has interacted with.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #389 on: October 02, 2020, 10:57:55 AM »

Biden is negative

Good!

Masks. Save. Lives.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #390 on: October 02, 2020, 10:58:14 AM »

I wonder how this will affect the SCOTUS nomination. If half of the Senate is isolated for weeks, what does that do to the timeline?

Amy Barrett will have to isolate.  She was in contact with Sen. Lee.  Even if she tested negative today, false negatives are not uncommon at this stage and isolation is still needed.
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #391 on: October 02, 2020, 11:00:57 AM »

This is one of those times where life kinda feels like a TV show. Trump could have caught it at any point from April to now but specifically getting in October just feels like a late season plot development. I know I sound silly.

No, the writers really have gotten lazy this season.
SNIPPY-SNIP

I love that meme so much, particularly when it applies to something totally niche (like two pollsters arguing about methodology).  
What is the origin of that meme? Haven't seen it before.

It's from an American TV show called American Chopper, which followed a custom bike shop in Cali.  One of the biggest draws was the angry exchanges between Paul Teutel Sr. and his son, Paul Teutel Jr.  It aired on the Discovery Channel during that late 2000's shift where the channel stopped being about science and started including more reality TV elements. 

My family had a Discovery Channel subscription for 6 months during the late 2000s. I remember watching a lot of nature shows, Mythbusters, and How It’s Made during that period.

Glad to hear Biden, Pence, and Barron Trump have tested negative!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #392 on: October 02, 2020, 11:01:10 AM »

Unironically and literally Long live Joe Biden
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #393 on: October 02, 2020, 11:01:27 AM »

Biden is negative

A huge sigh of relief all over the world (with the exception of Russia).

Who is Deborah Amos and why is she the only one reporting this?
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #394 on: October 02, 2020, 11:01:55 AM »

Actually, it’s more a case of only experiencing mild to no symptoms in the first week. After a week, people tend to either recover, or get more seriously ill. The fact that Trump is currently experiencing mild symptoms is neither a cause for concern, nor a cause for relief.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #395 on: October 02, 2020, 11:02:24 AM »

I'd wait on that Biden news until we have another source - the AP says he's still waiting for his results.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #396 on: October 02, 2020, 11:03:33 AM »

PTL, but I will sleep a lot better if he gets tested again in a couple of days and is still negative.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #397 on: October 02, 2020, 11:04:35 AM »

I doubt anything serious is going to happen to Trump. He's just going to be self-quarantining for a couple of weeks.

And if there's anything that makes Trump act presidential, it's being cooped up at home all day with nothing to do but tweet and watch TV!
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #398 on: October 02, 2020, 11:04:49 AM »

Only with the Grand Old Party do you get a statement saying "I am positive for the virus, but you better believe I will be voting from home to help ram through this SCOTUS nominee."

What a time to be alive in the USA.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #399 on: October 02, 2020, 11:09:33 AM »

Biden is negative

This tweet is from before Biden took his test. Might have been referring to the test he took right at the debate. Otherwise just false.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies