SC - Quinnipiac: Trump+1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:25:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  SC - Quinnipiac: Trump+1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC - Quinnipiac: Trump+1  (Read 5884 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« on: September 30, 2020, 01:31:27 PM »

SC has been hit very hard by the virus and has suffered from incompetent leadership. There's a very large number of anti-maskers and virus deniers running around here, but perhaps there is a quiet majority of virus believers in the state including some of Trump's soft supporters in 2016 who are moving towards Biden. There may also be non-voters in this state who have been motivated to vote because of how terrible this virus situation is, this would be the case for my father, and is probably even more so the case in the heavily black areas. I can't claim to truly know for sure but that is my best guess as to what is going on.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 08:10:56 PM »

Why would SC have a lightning fast D trend while NC stays static? SC is supposed to be a big hub for retirees, while NC is supposed to be bringing in white liberals to Charlotte and the Research Triangle.
1. Plenty of white liberals come to SC for jobs. It isn't the same as Florida.
2. SC was pretty much always just on the edge of being competitive. In previous environments the votes just weren't there for Democrats to win but its always been one step away from becoming a battleground state. The truth is that it just isn't that Republican like Alabama and Mississippi are. Whether or not 2020 ends up being that one step has yet to be seen, but I wouldn't exactly call SC becoming competitive a "lightning fast" trend.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies