S.20.3.23: Regional Symbols Act Part II (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:09:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.20.3.23: Regional Symbols Act Part II (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.20.3.23: Regional Symbols Act Part II (Passed)  (Read 761 times)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« on: October 01, 2020, 09:26:45 AM »

Lemonade should absolutely not be the official beverage of the Southern region. It is an unhealthy sugary drink that can really damage teeth. I believe the official beverage of the Southern region should be water. Water is life sustaining and very healthy for you.

Well, it's a Southern icon. Besides, you don't have to sweeten it with sugar. You can substitute for healthier sweeteners, or even honey. Ignoring the sweetener you choose, it's really just lemon juice mixed with water. Also, nothing screams 'Southern' to me more than sipping ice-cold lemonade on your front porch during a warm summer's evening.

Anyways, thank you TM for introducing this, and as for the rest of the bill, it's not an exclusive list. Feel free to amend it with more ideas if you so please.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 11:24:41 PM »

While I'm a fan of lemonade, personally, when I think of southern drink, I think of an iced tea. Perhaps we gather submissions and do ranked voting on the options?

Fine by me. Although, if you want, there's nothing stopping us from having two official beverages. Tongue
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 12:06:06 PM »

A BILL FOR AN ACT
extending the official regional symbolism of the Southern Region

BE IT ENACTED BY THE SOUTHERN CHAMBER RESOLVED.

Section 1, TITLE.
1. The title of this Act shall be, the “Regional Symbols Act Part II: Electric Boogaloo.”

Section 2, NEW SYMBOLS.
1. Lemonade is hereby designated as the official beverage of the Southern Region.Fried chicken and waffles is hereby designated as the official meal of the Southern Region.
2. Sabal palmetto, otherwise known as the cabbage-palm or palmetto, is hereby designated as the official tree of the Southern Region.
3. Pelecanus occidentalis, otherwise known as the brown pelican, is hereby designated as the official bird of the Southern Region.
4. The freshwater pearl is hereby designated as the official gem of the Southern Region.
5. Fried chicken and waffles is hereby designated as the official meal of the Southern Region.

Section 3, REFERENDUM.
1. On the ballot for the next regionwide election in the Southern Region following final enactment by the regional government, a referendum using ranked choice voting shall be listed.
2. The question for this referendum shall be written out as follows: "What should the official beverage of the Southern Region be?"
3. There shall be five (4) options for the voters to choose from, listed in §3.3a-e of this Act, as well as a write-in option.
   a. Lemonade
   b. Iced Tea
   c. Both Lemonade and Iced Tea
   d. Neither Lemonade nor Iced Tea
4. If either (a), (b), or a write-in option has the most votes, the drink listed shall become the official beverage of the Southern Region.
5. If (c) has the most votes, both lemonade and iced tea shall become the official beverages of the Southern Region.
6. If (d) has the most votes, no official beverage or beverages of the Southern Region shall be designated.

Rough idea for an amendment. Please amend if necessary.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 03:17:18 PM »

Why not just do the referendum idea for a host of things? Could be a fun way to involve people.

Definitely, although they should only be included alongside elections for other offices anyways. Referendums are a great way to measure the voice of the people, but it's also possible to get fatigue.

I'm for sure alright with this, although I just felt it was important to bring up.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 02:14:23 PM »

AYE
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 02:06:15 PM »

No objections, but I think we should maybe wait until the next Chamber is seated before moving on.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 02:31:14 PM »

No objections, but I think we should maybe wait until the next Chamber is seated before moving on.
Why do you think so? Honestly I pulled teeth trying to get more feedback/suggestions on this and didn't get much, everyone in the next Chamber is in the current one so there won't really be a fresh voice to add to the discussion. Passing this now allows for more time for a public discussion on this as mandated in the amendment.

Okay then, sure.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 02:24:30 PM »

AYE
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: