ND: DFM Research: Gov. Burgum (R) +32
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 15, 2024, 12:21:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  ND: DFM Research: Gov. Burgum (R) +32
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ND: DFM Research: Gov. Burgum (R) +32  (Read 1868 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2020, 04:21:03 AM »

New Poll: North Dakota Governor by DFM Research on 2020-09-16

Summary: D: 24%, R: 56%, U: 14%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 07:58:18 PM »

In other news, grass is green.

Probably one of the sanest Republican governors.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 08:10:16 PM »

For North Dakota Voters First

September 12-16
500 likely voters
MoE: 4.5%

Gubernatorial
Burgum 56%
Lenz 24%
Hendrickson (L) 6%
Undecided 14%

Auditor
Gallion (R) 42%
Hart (D) 26%
Undecided 32%
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 08:10:18 PM »

Burgum's a relatively non-ideological guy, isn't he? His background isn't in politics, and IIRC he won his first primary against far more conservative candidates. IIRC he got a lot of heat for not taking a position on abortion, even.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 08:10:49 PM »

One constitutional ballot measure on the 2020 ballot is Measure 1. This measure would increase the Board of Higher Education from 8 to 15 members, increase term length from four to six years, and prohibit state employees, officers and legislators from being members of the Board.

Reject Measure 1 46%
Approve Measure 1 32%
Undecided 22%

The other measure on the 2020 ballot is Measure 2. Measure 2 requires an initiated constitution measure approved by voters to be submitted to the subsequent legislative assembly. Under this measure, if the legislative assembly does not approve the constitutional measure, the measure will be placed on the ballot again. If approved by voters again, it will become effective. The measure also requires constitutional amendments to be submitted to voters only at general elections.

Reject Measure 2 39%
Approve Measure 2 33%
Undecided 28%
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 08:31:44 PM »

Burgum's a relatively non-ideological guy, isn't he? His background isn't in politics, and IIRC he won his first primary against far more conservative candidates. IIRC he got a lot of heat for not taking a position on abortion, even.
I remember watching a Bill Gates interview (on CNN I believe) a few months back about the pandemic and efforts/causes he's been undertaking to fight the spread of the virus. He mentioned talking to "his good friend" the Governor of North Dakota about work being done there (and if I remember correctly Gates referenced North Dakota's COVID-19 efforts positively). If you're a Republican politician and personal friends with Bill Gates you're definitely able to put aside ideology, at least among billionaire pals. Tongue
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 08:34:05 PM »

I remember watching a Bill Gates interview (on CNN I believe) a few months about the pandemic and efforts to fight the spread of the virus. He mentioned talking to "his friend" the Governor of North Dakota about work being done there (and if I remember correctly Gates referenced North Dakota's COVID-19 efforts in a positive light). If you're a Republican politician and personal friends with Bill Gates you're definitely able to put aside ideology, at least among billionaire pals. Tongue

Once Gates' mandatory sissification vaccine comes out next summer, we'll all be Burgum supporters.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 01:14:55 PM »

I remember watching a Bill Gates interview (on CNN I believe) a few months back about the pandemic and efforts/causes he's been undertaking to fight the spread of the virus. He mentioned talking to "his good friend" the Governor of North Dakota about work being done there (and if I remember correctly Gates referenced North Dakota's COVID-19 efforts positively). If you're a Republican politician and personal friends with Bill Gates you're definitely able to put aside ideology, at least among billionaire pals. Tongue
He had a important role at Microsoft if I remember.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 01:25:40 PM »

While this is true his Covid handling...leaves a lot to be desired. Like launching the #MaskUpND program encouraging masks yet not actually passing a mask mandate. A big reason for ND's Covid explosion is Fargo is the only city in the state with a mask mandate. Nor is he even applying pressure to states and counties to pass mask mandates, like how the Bismarck City Commission talked about it and then voted to adjourn without a vote on it. And then there's this: https://www.thedailybeast.com/spineless-north-dakota-gov-doug-burgum-lets-third-health-director-take-the-fall-as-covid-19-cases-soar

My parents voted for him though.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 04:33:52 PM »

By far. He, Holcomb, and Scott are the only three running this year that I've endorsed for reelection.
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2020, 04:40:43 PM »

By far. He, Holcomb, and Scott are the only three running this year that I've endorsed for reelection.

Not Sununu as well?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2020, 05:19:16 PM »

Not Sununu as well?

Actually, maybe him also. I don't know as much about Sununu as I do Baker, Hogan, and Scott.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies