NH - UMass Lowell: Shaheen +19
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:53:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  NH - UMass Lowell: Shaheen +19
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH - UMass Lowell: Shaheen +19  (Read 928 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2020, 01:29:54 PM »

Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 01:41:48 PM »

NH Senate race summed up nicely:

Shaheen is awesome,  Messner is garbage.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 01:48:39 PM »

Yes mommy
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 01:55:10 PM »

NHGOP in shambles
Jay 🏳️‍⚧️
trippytropicana
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 02:15:45 PM »

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 02:40:39 PM »

Safe D, at this point. Even though I expect the presidential race to be a bit closer than that, I don't see how Shaheen loses, at this point.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 02:41:10 PM »

This one is actually embarrassing for Republicans, since they failed to field a strong candidate. However, in a Biden midterm, I think Hassan would be very vulnerable to a challenge from Chris Sununu.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 03:50:03 PM »

OMGGGGGGGG YAAAAAAAAS DADDY JOE MORE PLZ MOOOOOORE GIVE IT TO ME GOOD JUST LIKE THAT DADDY ROBINETTTTTTTTTTTE THAT’S SO FIIIIIIINE DADDY BIDEN OHHHHH YEAHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHH

I guess I'm bi in that case ? 🤔
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 05:41:37 PM »

Queen Jeanne is rollin'.
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 11:55:13 PM »

New Poll: New Hampshire Senator by UMass Lowell on 2020-09-25

Summary: D: 56%, R: 37%, U: 6%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2020, 05:06:39 AM »

This one is actually embarrassing for Republicans, since they failed to field a strong candidate. However, in a Biden midterm, I think Hassan would be very vulnerable to a challenge from Chris Sununu.

Agree totally. Hassan is far less popular than Shaheen who has always been wildly popular
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2020, 08:39:50 PM »

Obviously this is Safe D, but polls like this will be fun to look back at after two years of people failing to comprehend just how much Democrats' successes from 2017-2020 depended on Trump, overstating the mandate of Biden/the Democratic trifecta, and once again underestimating how dramatically the environment can shift in two years. Hassan and Golden (and many, many other Democrats) are going to miss Donnie very soon.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2020, 08:50:19 PM »

Obviously this is Safe D, but polls like this will be fun to look back at after two years of people failing to comprehend just how much Democrats' successes from 2017-2020 depended on Trump, overstating the mandate of Biden/the Democratic trifecta, and once again underestimating how dramatically the environment can shift in two years. Hassan and Golden (and many, many other Democrats) are going to miss Donnie very soon.

If they're smart then a lot of these Democrats will never stop talking about these Republicans' ties to Trump. Very few of them are untainted by association with the current President, and if they can keep people fearful of Trump's Republican Party, then I think 2022 will be a much less painful midterm for Democrats than the Obama ones. There are no Blanche Lincolns or Mark Pryors or Mary Landrieus for Republicans to target in the Senate during the midterm. Hassan is the most vulnerable, but under the right circumstances, I could see Sinunu's campaign being somewhat of a repeat of Bredesen or perhaps more accurately (assuming he loses) Bullock, but that would only happen if Biden is moderately popular in the state and they nationalize these races.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2020, 12:23:11 AM »

If they're smart then a lot of these Democrats will never stop talking about these Republicans' ties to Trump. Very few of them are untainted by association with the current President, and if they can keep people fearful of Trump's Republican Party, then I think 2022 will be a much less painful midterm for Democrats than the Obama ones. There are no Blanche Lincolns or Mark Pryors or Mary Landrieus for Republicans to target in the Senate during the midterm. Hassan is the most vulnerable, but under the right circumstances, I could see Sinunu's campaign being somewhat of a repeat of Bredesen or perhaps more accurately (assuming he loses) Bullock, but that would only happen if Biden is moderately popular in the state and they nationalize these races.

It could also be a repeat of Bayh if Democrats remind voters who are fed up with a Democratic trifecta that Sununu greeted Trump on one of his rallies two years ago. That should be more than enough to trump the unfavorable environment, Sununu's popularity as the incumbent (not former) governor, an extremely energized Republican base, NH's far more competitive PVI compared to IN, and the barrage of attacks on Hassan pointing out that she cast the decisive vote for 95% of Biden's policies.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2020, 12:31:40 AM »

It could also be a repeat of Bayh if Democrats remind voters who are fed up with a Democratic trifecta that Sununu greeted Trump on one of his rallies two years ago. That should be more than enough to trump the unfavorable environment, Sununu's popularity as the incumbent (not former) governor, an extremely energized Republican base, NH's far more competitive PVI compared to IN, and the barrage of attacks on Hassan pointing out that she cast the decisive vote for 95% of Biden's policies.

Well, obviously the messaging ideally wouldn't be that weak. I'm also not convinced that the Republican Party is going to be so quickly rehabilitated in the minds of the voters populating the states that will have, presumably, swung hard against Trump.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies