1st Presidential Debate Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:44:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  1st Presidential Debate Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1st Presidential Debate Megathread  (Read 46032 times)
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« on: September 29, 2020, 09:47:45 AM »

Trump can probably rise a couple points in the polling average if he does a great job in the debates and Biden falters. We'll see what happens tonight. Trump has a month to turn his ship around, and Biden has pretty high ceilings in most of the battleground states at this point. Trump needs to win over a majority of undecided voters, which he could do but I'm very skeptical that he can catch up in the midwest.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 09:50:00 AM »

I think Trump's biggest difficulty is going to be defending his own record. He's great at going on the attack, but that's not really his purpose here. He needs to defend his Presidential record, which he rarely does with any truth or evidence. If Biden nails him down for doing an awful and chaotic job these past four years (hopefully mentioning how 80% of Trump's top staff has left and since said he was an awful leader), Trump doesn't really have a chance.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 10:35:30 AM »

Somebody a little low energy?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/09/breaking-joe-bidens-campaign-requests-breaks-every-30-minutes-tonights-first-debate/

BREAKING: Joe Biden’s Campaign Requests Breaks EVERY 30 MINUTES during Tonight’s First Debate — VIDEO

It's over for Biden, Trump will get big polling bounce in white working-class PA+WI because Biden wants two commercial breaks in the debate with 90%+ of voters already solidly decided.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 10:37:12 AM »

Oh this is absolute gold. I've been missing the 2016 chaos, and it's back!
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 10:40:47 AM »

Biden got a hearing aid and is embarrassed to let it be known

Just to be fair, Donald's backstage bathroom should be checked for traces of cocaine. We all know how much he relies on the stuff.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 02:08:05 PM »

Trump supporters are such sheep. Trump could come out and say "Biden won't allow for an anal cavity search to check for martians controlling his body, so he's obviously a liar and a fraud" and they would cheer him on and literally believe it.
redjohn

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 10:02:05 PM »

That was not a good debate at all. I don't know who won, but everyone I watched with agreed Biden sounded and looked awful and so did Trump.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies