1st Presidential Debate Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:19:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  1st Presidential Debate Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1st Presidential Debate Megathread  (Read 46013 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« on: September 29, 2020, 02:15:07 PM »

I hope Joe Biden at one point will call Trump "Jack", as he did with the heckler in Iowa. That would be so glorious. Like when Trump is lying about stuff he said and Uncle Joe then responds "That's what you said! Get your words straight, Jack!"
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 03:42:08 PM »

I would have, too, but I can't watch it live here. I'll watch the debate tomorrow in the morning, before working from home (which I do anyway). I won't check the news or forum before watching, so that I can evaluate the debate without being influenced by other takes. Can't wait for Uncle Joe to destroy Trump on stage.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 05:42:50 AM »

Watched the debate today in the early morning before work. Gee, I expected it to be rough, but Trump was completely off the rails. This guy interrupts, distracts and lies. It's impossible to have a substantial debate with him. But Joe Biden was doing pretty good, putting out at least some policy proposals and fighting back. Sometimes I wished he would have been even tougher on Trump. There were a couple of instances where I thought "I would have said this and that". He should have been even more aggressive and corner Trump.

In short, I don't think this will change much. Trump reminded everyone outside his hardcore base what a terrible person he is. All too unfortunate there wasn't more discussion ob substance. But that's 100% on Trump, because he doesn't care about issues and can't run on his disastrous record in office.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 02:11:30 PM »

Although I was very pleased with Joe Biden, I personally would have gone even tougher at Trump. When he said "don't use the word smart with me" and falsely claimed Joe Biden was a bad student, I would have responded with "At least I didn't buy my degree as you allegedly have done, because you don't have the intellect. This is the man who said Belgium was a city and who wanted to nuke Hurricanes", since Mary Trump claimed he did so (which is believeable). I would also have hit him harder on tax returns and said "while you at home pay your taxes, this man has paid more for sex than federal income taxes." Now I know debates should be about issues, but you need to knock a bully out. I would totally have punched him again and again where it hurts him the most.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 03:37:46 PM »

Although I was very pleased with Joe Biden, I personally would have gone even tougher at Trump. When he said "don't use the word smart with me" and falsely claimed Joe Biden was a bad student, I would have responded with "At least I didn't buy my degree as you allegedly have done, because you don't have the intellect. This is the man who said Belgium was a city and who wanted to nuke Hurricanes", since Mary Trump claimed he did so (which is believeable). I would also have hit him harder on tax returns and said "while you at home pay your taxes, this man has paid more for sex than federal income taxes." Now I know debates should be about issues, but you need to knock a bully out. I would totally have punched him again and again where it hurts him the most.

Agreed. But it is what it is, to quote our supreme leader.

If we had a more spry nominee, they would have been better able to parry the attacks, but the trade-off is the warm, comforting feelings Biden provides during difficult times. Another obvious missed moment was when Trump kept saying his rallies were safe...his rally f***ing KILLED Herman Cain?!

Yeah, that was a huge missed opportunity. Also that folks in the lines close to Trump were required to wear a mask, while everyone else wasn't. Trump should have been hammered on this one; he cares for his own health but not about his supporters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies