Would you unironically support making OC moderator of a minor, less active board?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:22:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you unironically support making OC moderator of a minor, less active board?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: At least temporarily...
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Would you unironically support making OC moderator of a minor, less active board?  (Read 1693 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2020, 12:23:27 PM »

OC switched his avatar to G-LA
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2020, 01:52:03 PM »

Because he's repping the Lakers and Dodgers.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2020, 02:08:07 PM »

I can稚 believe I知 saying this, but I think that might actually be a good decision for Atlas to do. However, for now it should be on a small board(s) with less infractions, like the R&P and/or the Political Geography & Demographics board.

YES. Religion and Philosophy Board is a brilliant idea for this.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2020, 02:38:53 PM »

Yes (sane, secular, non-authoritarian, OC-cultist)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2020, 05:10:57 PM »

Only if Fuzzy Bear is made a mod to balance him out.

They both post incomprehensible garbage at this point.

Please no, Fuzzy Bear being a mod would destroy this forum as we know it
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2020, 07:01:35 PM »

Hard no; this sort of thing was how BushOklahoma became a mod and I知 old enough to remember what a disaster that was Tongue
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2020, 10:30:56 PM »

Hard no; this sort of thing was how BushOklahoma became a mod and I知 old enough to remember what a disaster that was Tongue

I don't think I ever got the full story on that, although I remember other things about Bushie very well. Care to fill us in?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2020, 10:06:57 AM »

OC didn't participate in scams to get the money of his parents.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2020, 12:11:46 PM »

I don't think I ever got the full story on that, although I remember other things about Bushie very well. Care to fill us in?

BushOklahoma and some other folks (I believe it was Jamespol and TexasLefty, but don't quote me on that) manufactured a huge trolling spree (this was mainly Jamespol and TexasLefty...it ended up turning into the admittedly hilarious "DELETE MY ACCOUNT, YOU BAST**DS Angry " saga) that BushOkhlahoma could then "resolve."  BushOklahoma then asked if he could be a mod and folks thought it'd be funny so the mod team signed off on it and Dave rubber stamped it without any sort of inquiry.  BushOklahoma was removed as a mod shortly afterward for, among other things, trying to get other posters to buy into a pyramid scheme.  

I may be misremembering a few details b/c it was a long time ago, but that was the basic gist of it IIRC.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2020, 12:19:28 PM »

I doubt that OC would even do anything close to what BushOklohoma did
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2020, 12:29:04 PM »

BushOklahoma then asked if he could be a mod and folks thought it'd be funny so the mod team signed off on it and Dave rubber stamped it without any sort of inquiry.

Did the mod team really sign off on it?  I don't remember that.  I thought Bushie just asked Dave if he could be a mod, and Dave said OK, without consulting anyone else.  IIRC, this was an era when Dave was a bit more active, and his granting modship to people was a more freewheeling affair.  It was later, when he became less active, that the rest of the mods started playing more of a gatekeeping role as to who could join their ranks.

BushOklahoma was removed as a mod shortly afterward for, among other things, trying to get other posters to buy into a pyramid scheme.

That is the basic reason he was axed, yes, but that phrasing is a slight exaggeration.  He was "hired" into an MLM scam, and then when people asked him about it in the Update thread, he would give them the full sales pitch.  So, not really going around the whole forum giving a hard sell or anything like that, but giving the pitch when asked about it, and that was deemed enough of a problem to de-mod him.  It was more that his overall judgment was revealed to be so terrible that he couldn't be trusted, than that he was harassing anyone or anything like that.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2020, 01:43:35 PM »

Here's the sequence of Bushie becoming a mod:

And then the next day:

I have appointed BushOklahoma to replace The Vorlon (who's been more of a Shadow lately ... Smiley couldn't resist) on the Presidential Election boards.

No idea if Dave consulted with anyone else before making that change.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2020, 06:41:13 AM »

BushOklahoma and some other folks (I believe it was Jamespol and TexasLefty, but don't quote me on that) manufactured a huge trolling spree (this was mainly Jamespol and TexasLefty...it ended up turning into the admittedly hilarious "DELETE MY ACCOUNT, YOU BAST**DS Angry " saga) that BushOkhlahoma could then "resolve."  BushOklahoma then asked if he could be a mod and folks thought it'd be funny so the mod team signed off on it and Dave rubber stamped it without any sort of inquiry.  BushOklahoma was removed as a mod shortly afterward for, among other things, trying to get other posters to buy into a pyramid scheme.  

I may be misremembering a few details b/c it was a long time ago, but that was the basic gist of it IIRC.

My biggest regret on my history on atlas.... ever.. I really do regret doing that.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2020, 11:10:38 AM »

My biggest regret on my history on atlas.... ever.. I really do regret doing that.

My biggest Atlas regret is also Bushie-related (reading and participating in the Update threads, which I came to believe were toxic and exploitative only after they were banned). He was just that kind of guy.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2020, 07:37:31 PM »

Eh, that was a long time ago; people change.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies