"If the Gospel is not good news for everybody, then it is not good news." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:06:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  "If the Gospel is not good news for everybody, then it is not good news." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: This is a....
Freedom Quote

Horrible Quote

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 16

Author Topic: "If the Gospel is not good news for everybody, then it is not good news."  (Read 757 times)
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« on: September 29, 2020, 04:03:26 PM »
« edited: September 29, 2020, 04:10:44 PM by Alcibiades »

I find it unfortunate that on this forum any attempt to engage in a question about philosophy of religion from a non-believer’s perspective is all too often immediately shut down as not intellectually serious. Go and ask most physicists what they think is the more mature approach to the mysteries of the universe.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 04:14:29 PM »

I find it unfortunate that on this forum any attempts to engage in a question about philosophy of religion from a non-believer’s perspective is all too often immediately shut down as not intellectually serious.

Dule has made plenty of efforts to engage questions like this that are intellectually serious. Hell, he's being intellectual serious now. My issue with the way he's conduction this discussion isn't a perceived lack of intellectual seriousness, and I don't think that's Scott's issue either.

Go and ask most physicists what they think is the more mature approach to the universe.

I'm not sure which aspect of this conversation this remark is supposed to be germane to.

Sorry if I misjudged the tone of the responses to him, but that was what I gathered from them (especially as many of his comments were made in a, shall I say, typically Dulean fashion).

As for the second remark, it was more a general comment on how some posters seems to think that any attempt to comment on Christian metaphysics from a more rational, scientific point of view is ridiculed as being “edgy” etc. Again, apologies if this perception is incorrect.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies