Senatorial Candidates Tied in New Jersey; Large Undecided
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:16:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Senatorial Candidates Tied in New Jersey; Large Undecided
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senatorial Candidates Tied in New Jersey; Large Undecided  (Read 1685 times)
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 18, 2006, 08:53:47 AM »

New Poll: New Jersey Senator by Strategic Vision on 2006-05-14

Summary: D: 35%, R: 35%, U: 30%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 02:00:14 PM »

That's surprising.  Strategic Vision usually doesn't have many undecidedes.  I guess people are happy with neither candidate in this race.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 04:07:43 PM »

I guess people are happy with neither candidate in this race.

If New Jersey can't be happy with someone like Tom Kean, Jr. then they'll never be happy.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 04:37:55 PM »

7 in 10 voters in New Jersey disapprove of Bush.  I just can't see Kean winning.  Sorry.

^^ The Machine
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 04:44:32 PM »

I say voters get to the polls and say as much as a I hate the corrupt party here, a Republican Senate and the Republican party are just too evil for me.  New jersey voters are relatively sane.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 06:12:26 PM »

7 in 10 voters in New Jersey disapprove of Bush.  I just can't see Kean winning.  Sorry.

With all due respect, what do you think is a better indicator of Kean's chances: Bush's poor approval ratings or polls showing Kean leading?
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 06:15:27 PM »

^^ The Machine
Kean isn't the one running the country into the ground. However, that will not stop him from losing.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 06:59:02 PM »

With all due respect, what do you think is a better indicator of Kean's chances: Bush's poor approval ratings or polls showing Kean leading?

No polls really show Kean leading.  He's been up 3-4 points but all the while under 40% and with massive undecideds.  The polls on the race itself mean little at this point with undecideds running a close third to the two candidates.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 07:01:20 PM »

No polls really show Kean leading.  He's been up 3-4 points but all the while under 40% and with massive undecideds.  The polls on the race itself mean little at this point with undecideds running a close third to the two candidates.

That's true, although there was a Rasmussen poll where he needed just 1/3 of undecideds to win.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 12:57:44 AM »

If the SV poll shows them tied that means Kean is really about 7 or 8 points behind. I'm guessing he will lose by about 9 or 10 points. Around the same as Forrester.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 11:39:13 AM »

NJ is not like most states in the US. It's more like most countries in Europe. ... namely in that a Likely Voter poll this far out will always massively favor the Conservative. Look at the only Registered Voter poll around yet... now I don't think Menendez (or anyone) could possibly win by that much, but it gives you pause for thought doesn't it?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies