Shock news from the Hawaii Democratic Primary!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:41:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Shock news from the Hawaii Democratic Primary!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shock news from the Hawaii Democratic Primary!  (Read 1955 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2006, 09:00:39 AM »

According to a QMark Research & Polling survey carried out for the campaign of Congressman Ed Case, the race between the Representative and incumbent Senator Dan Akaka is surprisingly close:

AKAKA 40%
CASE 38%

This is obviously open to debate, but the fact is its the only published poll so far, and therefore, significant.  You can see this was a partisan poll, because: QMark also asked questions about Case's campaign themes of transition, experience, performance and change and then asked voters a second time who they would support:

CASE 44%
AKAKA 39%

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060517/NEWS05/605170346/1009/NEWS
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 12:46:49 PM »

Well, partisan polls are not "that" interesting, but I have thought for some while that this primary will be close.  It is also a long, long way away, as Hawaii primaries will be held on Sept. 23.

Also, I have had HI-02 on my Democratic Watch List for some time, depending on who the Dems nominate and if Kawananakoa gets the R nomination, because he is a definitely legit candidate.

We could have some at least halfway interesting Hawaii races this year, though polling will be scarce as always.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 05:37:06 PM »

I hope Case wins the primary, but Akaka will most likely end up with the nomination.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 05:38:26 PM »

According to a QMark Research & Polling survey carried out for the campaign of Congressman Ed Case

Translation: take this with a pound of salt.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 09:35:51 PM »

Also, I have had HI-02 on my Democratic Watch List for some time, depending on who the Dems nominate and if Kawananakoa gets the R nomination, because he is a definitely legit candidate.

The 2nd District race is going to be crazy.  Everyone and his brother is running.  Mazie Hirono (02 Gov nominee) and Matt Matsunaga (02 Lt Gov nominee) are both running for the D nomination, which surprises me.  I agree with you, Sam, that QK is a credible candidate and would have a good chance in the general if he makes it that far.
Yates

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 09:42:13 PM »

According to a QMark Research & Polling survey carried out for the campaign of Congressman Ed Case

Translation: take this with a pound of salt.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 11:53:26 PM »

The 2nd District race is going to be crazy.  Everyone and his brother is running.  Mazie Hirono (02 Gov nominee) and Matt Matsunaga (02 Lt Gov nominee) are both running for the D nomination, which surprises me.  I agree with you, Sam, that QK is a credible candidate and would have a good chance in the general if he makes it that far.

Well if anything, Case, in his drive for the Senate, has certainly given us some reason to examine Hawaii politics this year.

I certainly look forward to talking about this oft-ignored part of the country this year.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 04:06:18 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2006, 04:11:00 AM by Lewis Trondheim »

Of course "We're just behind, might do it" is exactly what you want such a poll to show.

A royal pretender in the House of Reps... I'm not sure if that's legal. Tongue Either way these guys probably explain why Native Hawai'ian areas on O'ahu (not on the other islands though ... well except Ni'ihau Tongue ) tend to vote Republican.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 07:10:06 AM »

Case!... I love that guy Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies