CT--Democratic Party Nom.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 03:43:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CT--Democratic Party Nom.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who would you be more likely to vote for in the Connecticut Democratic Primary?
Joe Lieberman

Ned Lamont

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: CT--Democratic Party Nom.  (Read 4542 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 09:50:22 PM »

You have a very good point here--if Lieberman loses the Dem. nom., do you think he'll win as an Ind.?

Yes, but for him to run as an independent, he has to gather many thousands of signatures that are due the day after the primary.

Kevinstat

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 09:59:34 PM »

1 vote for Lieberman is mine, and I'm not from CT and am no longer a Democrat.  I'm probably not the only violator of the rule, but I just thought I'd mention it.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 10:26:37 PM »

I'm not sure if Republicans not voting hurts Lieberman; many Republicans might have voted for Lamont because they saw him as the candidate more likely to lose in the general election.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 05:12:44 AM »

I am a liberal in Connecticut.

I like Senator Lieberman, and I'll probably vote for him. I do know a few others (actually a bit to the right of me) who say they would choose Lamont over Lieberman, they feel this war has no end and has gone on long enough.

CT has very strict voting rules as far as registration goes, none of this "open to all voters" nonsense that I saw in other states during the '04 primaries. Therefore, there will be zero Republicans voting on August 8, when our Dem. Senate Primary will be held. This will probably help Lamont more than Joe.

You have a very good point here--if Lieberman loses the Dem. nom., do you think he'll win as an Ind.?

Yes he would, since Connecticut has had experience with Indpendents before, our Governor Lowell Weicker from 1990-1994.

But you don't have to worry about Lieberman losing the nomination, he'll get it. Lamont is doing better than I thought he would 6 months ago but Joe is over 60% in polls of Democratic voters.
Shira

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 01:13:12 PM »

We must get rid of Lieberman
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies