Map of American Protestant denominations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:39:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Map of American Protestant denominations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Map of American Protestant denominations  (Read 1753 times)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« on: September 29, 2020, 05:14:02 AM »

I don't think I pointed this out in the Discord server, but one thing that frustrates me most about this map is Cook County being labeled as "Other". What is this mystery denomination of one of the most populous counties in the country?

Which Discord server is this one?

The distribution of the American Baptist Convention is rather interesting, with some areas of strength in West Virginia as well as Maine. Providence County having ABC as the largest Protestant denomination is a nice touch and reminder of Rhode Island's Baptist heritage.

Speaking of West Virginia, I'm surprised only one county there has the Southern Baptists as the largest denomination. I wonder if this is a result of the Civil War or something else.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 02:04:53 PM »

The presence of Episcopalian counties in Western MA/Southern VT, illustrates a New York transplant effect. They would likely be UCC/Congregationalist otherwise.

Otoh, Eastern Massachusetts has some Episcopalian counties as well. Something of a WASP elite vs old stock Yankee divide?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies