WaPo: The House seats most likely to flip
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:47:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WaPo: The House seats most likely to flip
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WaPo: The House seats most likely to flip  (Read 1315 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 27, 2020, 12:51:33 PM »

1. TX-23 (OPEN, R)
2. NM-02 (Torres Small, D)
3. OK-05 (Horn, D)
4. UT-04 (McAdams, D)
5. NY-22 (Brindisi, D)
6. GA-07 (OPEN, R)
7. OH-01 (Chabot, R)
8. TX-24 (OPEN, R)
9. NJ-02 (Van Drew, R)
10. MN-07 (Peterson, D)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/09/25/fix-house-rankings/
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 12:54:34 PM »

This list is somehow even worse than I would have expected, and I always set the bar very low.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 01:02:37 PM »

This list is somehow even worse than I would have expected, and I always set the bar very low.

Yeah, this is........something
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 01:50:44 PM »

Even if we assume that they’re not counting the NC seats, what is this list? McAdams more vulnerable than Brindisi or Peterson? Van Drew and Chabot on this list but NE-02, TX-22, and TX-24 nowhere to be seen? GA-07 at number 6? Garbage.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 01:54:21 PM »

Petersen is obviously the most likely to flip.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 01:57:22 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2020, 02:01:24 PM by Storr »

Absolute garbage list! XTS at #2???
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2020, 01:59:16 PM »

Even if we assume that they’re not counting the NC seats, what is this list? McAdams more vulnerable than Brindisi or Peterson? Van Drew and Chabot on this list but NE-02, TX-22, and TX-24 nowhere to be seen? GA-07 at number 6? Garbage.

Don’t forget CA-25.

There’s so much wrong with this list that there are many seats I forgot to mention. The only good thing I can say is that they didn’t put FL-26 or MN-01 on the list.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2020, 02:00:18 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2020, 02:03:39 PM by Western Democrat »

Holy sh**t this is bad, Horn more likely to lose than Peterson? LMAO. None of the other TX seats (24, 22, 21) and not to mention that CA-25 isn’t on here. Who makes this stuff?

Also, Hot take: TX-10 is more likely to flip than NJ-02
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 02:01:25 PM »

I think there's something in NM-02 that we aren't seeing. It was a Trump+10 seat, maybe she could actually be in trouble, these insiders have access to a lot of stuff that we don't, and some of these people follow these races for a living. But then again, this list could also be trash, because in no universe are Nehls, Roy, and Garcia less vulnerable than Steve Chabot. Leaning towards the latter, but let's not act like XTS is safe.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2020, 02:13:08 PM »

Was this list created by Chris Cillizza, Dick Morris, and Fivey Fox?
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 03:14:37 PM »

How to unread an article
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 01:10:47 PM »

I think there's something in NM-02 that we aren't seeing. It was a Trump+10 seat, maybe she could actually be in trouble, these insiders have access to a lot of stuff that we don't, and some of these people follow these races for a living. But then again, this list could also be trash, because in no universe are Nehls, Roy, and Garcia less vulnerable than Steve Chabot. Leaning towards the latter, but let's not act like XTS is safe.

They might be taking into account Biden's weak numbers with Latinos.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 01:16:58 PM »

I do think NM-02 is one of the GOP's few legitimate pickup opportunities this cycle, but that doesn't take away that the seats listed here + the ordering misses the mark.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2020, 11:22:16 AM »

"Liberal" media strikes again!!

They might be taking into account Biden's weak numbers with Latinos.

What weak numbers with Latinos?
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2020, 02:06:14 PM »

- I decline to click on the article to give them the revenue to continue producing this junk.

- I can't seem to find a thread of Atlas consensus on a top 10 list, though. Is there one?

these insiders have access to a lot of stuff that we don't, and some of these people follow these races for a living.

I'd argue that Atlas collectively is better than most professional prognosticators.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2020, 06:48:32 AM »

Yeah, many of us underestimated how vulnerable she was. This district's demographics are very unfavorable for the Democrats. It's heavily white and rural, and dependent on the oil and gas industry. It seems like she won in 2018 thanks to lower Republican/conservative turnout.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2020, 10:05:10 AM »

Yeah, many of us underestimated how vulnerable she was. This district's demographics are very unfavorable for the Democrats. It's heavily white and rural, and dependent on the oil and gas industry. It seems like she won in 2018 thanks to lower Republican/conservative turnout.

Torres-Small is the second one-term incumbent that NM-02 has had since the beginning of the century. When Steve Pearce vacated the seat for the first time in 2008 to mount his unsuccessful bid for the U.S. Senate, Democrat Harry Teague (who endorsed Herrell this year) won the race to succeed him. Teague served only one term before he was ousted by Pearce, returning to the seat in 2010. And now, after having won the seat following Pearce's unsuccessful gubernatorial bid, Torres-Small has been ousted by Herrell.

All of the rematches this year that I can think of (Bacon-Eastman, Katko-Balter, McCaul-Siegel, Herrell-Torres Small, Valadao-Cox, Kim-Cisneros) have been won by Republicans thus far, interestingly enough.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2020, 12:15:21 PM »

Torres-Small is the second one-term incumbent that NM-02 has had since the beginning of the century. When Steve Pearce vacated the seat for the first time in 2008 to mount his unsuccessful bid for the U.S. Senate, Democrat Harry Teague (who endorsed Herrell this year) won the race to succeed him. Teague served only one term before he was ousted by Pearce, returning to the seat in 2010. And now, after having won the seat following Pearce's unsuccessful gubernatorial bid, Torres-Small has been ousted by Herrell.

All of the rematches this year that I can think of (Bacon-Eastman, Katko-Balter, McCaul-Siegel, Herrell-Torres Small, Valadao-Cox, Kim-Cisneros) have been won by Republicans thus far, interestingly enough.
GA-06 between McBath and Handel was a rematch that the Dem won and NY-22 is still unresolved, but yeah Rs won most of the rematches this cycle.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2020, 02:36:31 PM »

GA-06 between McBath and Handel was a rematch that the Dem won and NY-22 is still unresolved, but yeah Rs won most of the rematches this cycle.

Also Cindy Axne won the rematch between her and David Young in a district that just barely went for Trump.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2020, 05:28:50 PM »

Also Cindy Axne won the rematch between her and David Young in a district that just barely went for Trump.
Yup, also I forgot about VA-02 Scott Taylor vs Elaine Luria rematch 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies