Rasmussen: NV Biden +1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:10:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Rasmussen: NV Biden +1
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: NV Biden +1  (Read 1606 times)
republican1993
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2020, 11:41:40 PM »

49% Biden
48% Trump

https://amgreatness.com/2020/09/26/trump-surging-with-hispanic-and-black-voters-in-critical-states/
philly09

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 11:42:39 PM »

Far right/alt right rag can't even come up with a Trump lead in Nevada? Turn out the lights.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 11:42:57 PM »

Even the “Center for American Greatness” has Biden leading NV? lol
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 11:45:06 PM »

Splash
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 11:51:17 PM »

Honestly, this gives me more reason to believe Biden is ahead in NV than that +11 poll from Fox News.
UncleSam

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 11:53:18 PM »

So Biden is gonna win NV by 5-6 basically lol. Just like everybody has thought for a while.
Buzz

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 11:56:44 PM »

Likely D, move along.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2020, 12:02:39 AM »

Biden continues not to be in good polling shape in the swing states.

If this means he'll go down Hillary-style there, or wins by good mobilisation of his voters due to a close race --- who knows ?
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 12:20:13 AM »

Nevada translates to snow-covered.

Rasmussen translates to bullsh*t.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2020, 12:21:21 AM »

If this means he'll go down Hillary-style there, or wins by good mobilisation of his voters due to a close race --- who knows ?

C'mon man, you're an Atlas poster. You should know how Nevada polling works. Rasmussen of all posters showing a Biden lead in Nevada is an impressive result.
neostassenite31
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 12:33:45 AM »

Nothing to see here
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 12:51:26 AM »

C'mon man, you're an Atlas poster. You should know how Nevada polling works. Rasmussen of all posters showing a Biden lead in Nevada is an impressive result.

I still rate the chances of Trump being re-elected as enormously intact.

After the Senate confirms ACB in a straight-ticket vote ("the chance of a lifetime"), all the hordes of Evangelicals and Catholibans in the US will come out in droves to "thank" Trump at the ballot box.

I'm almost sure that the polls are wrong this time, because the above-mentioned groups don't tell their true intentions about Trump to pollsters.
republican1993
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 12:56:21 AM »

i agree - if a pollster called me i'd say i was undecided and not say i am for trump i am a shy voter about that type of stuff and not a crazy trump rally nut type either.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2020, 12:56:48 AM »

After the Senate confirms ACB in a straight-ticket vote ("the chance of a lifetime"), all the hordes of Evangelicals and Catholibans in the US will come out in droves to "thank" Trump at the ballot box.

I'm almost sure that the polls are wrong this time, because the above-mentioned groups don't tell their true intentions about Trump to pollsters.

Lol those people are already Trump cultists. There is absolutely no evidence of a shy Trump effect. At this point, given how much people worry about polls overestimating Trump, it is a very real possibility that they underestimate Biden instead.
republican1993
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2020, 01:03:33 AM »

Lol those people are already Trump cultists. There is absolutely no evidence of a shy Trump effect. At this point, given how much people worry about polls overestimating Trump, it is a very real possibility that they underestimate Biden instead.

I know many in NYC who are shy voters because of the stigma and backlash. I met a couple from Ohio who moved here and whispered that they never met anyone who was voting for trump in the city - i am a shy trump voter if people ask i say im undecided and waiting for the debates
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2020, 01:04:49 AM »

I know many in NYC who are shy voters because of the stigma and backlash. I met a couple from Ohio who moved here and whispered that they never met anyone who was voting for trump in the city - i am a shy trump voter if people ask i say im undecided and waiting for the debates

Do you say the same to a pollster on the phone though? They shouldn't be able to figure out your identity and make you suffer social consequences for your vote.
solidcoalition
Rookie
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2020, 01:09:55 AM »

Let’s be honest: this is more realistic than Biden +11
republican1993
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2020, 01:15:41 AM »

Do you say the same to a pollster on the phone though? They shouldn't be able to figure out your identity and make you suffer social consequences for your vote.

It's not like the social consequences i care about - it's just i prefer to be private so i would normally just say undecided if i ever got polled (never happened to me though yet in my lifetime) many trump supporters that are in their 20s are kind of low key about it that i know - they aren't over the top and shouting they love trump like a lot of people in the forum and media like to claim... maybe it's because it's a blue state (NJ/NY) who knows.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2020, 01:20:40 AM »

I feel like if there were actually a lot of shy Trump voters, it would also show up in the 2016 vote question.  Why admit to voting for him last time if you’re not willing to admit to voting for him this time.  Yet all the polls show a big Biden lead even when the 2016 self-reported vote is tied.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2020, 04:27:05 AM »

It's going to be lit when Ohio votes to the left of Nevada.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2020, 06:06:11 AM »

Conducted by Pulse Opinion Research
Of 750 likely voters

Some weirdness is going on with how they push leaners. They have the initial topline as Biden 47, Trump 46, Someone else 4, Undecided 3 and the results with leaners as Biden 49, Trump 48, Someone else 2, Undecided 1. If "Someone else" is decreasing I would usually assume it's because they're pushing third party voters to pick Biden or Trump, but that doesn't explain why the category isn't at 0% in this case.

Perhaps they are changing the weightings for "leaners" and assuming a different turnout model with those who lean towards turning out.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies