Compiling an anticanon of Atlas Forum posters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:11:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Compiling an anticanon of Atlas Forum posters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Compiling an anticanon of Atlas Forum posters  (Read 2549 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2020, 09:29:06 PM »

Yeesh. Was this during my extended hiatus in 2017-2018?

Tex was pretty prominent when I first joined the forum, so yes. Iirc his ban can sometime in mid 2018?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2020, 09:45:14 PM »

Y'all are forgetting someone

Be a living breathing being, have sex. It should be up to you what eukaryote celled creature you want to have sex with. That is reasonable.  God is not unreasonable. People have been unreasonable toward people I call zoos. People want to war against everything, even against people who want to walk or run around nude. We need to consider who we have sex with as if it was our own flesh. God knows who thinks otherwise. He is who people need to fear. It is not our place to give others fear.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2020, 10:24:06 PM »

Does mvd10 count or no?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2020, 10:31:22 PM »

mvd was banned?
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2020, 10:45:31 PM »

Considering that Texarkana's signature made it hard to browse the forum in any public place (I put him on ignore for just that reason), I'm going with him.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2020, 10:47:09 PM »

Y'all are forgetting someone

Be a living breathing being, have sex. It should be up to you what eukaryote celled creature you want to have sex with. That is reasonable.  God is not unreasonable. People have been unreasonable toward people I call zoos. People want to war against everything, even against people who want to walk or run around nude. We need to consider who we have sex with as if it was our own flesh. God knows who thinks otherwise. He is who people need to fear. It is not our place to give others fear.

Sir, this thread is about the worst former Atlas posters, not the best.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2020, 10:54:13 PM »

Considering that Texarkana's signature made it hard to browse the forum in any public place (I put him on ignore for just that reason), I'm going with him.

The crushing and humiliating shame of being associated with Atlas is what makes the forum hard to view in a public place, not a (tasteful) picture of a film star.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2020, 03:18:52 AM »

Are there any banned posters who are not in some sense controversial?
Yes, but most of those did eventually get unbanned (Sawx, Simfan). The only one that probably counts is Politicus and even she bit off a lot more than anyone could chew.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2020, 11:09:44 AM »

I know he was, but I'm curious as to the story behind it, because it seems it was pretty bad but he always seemed like a very reasonable and informative poster whenever I read anything by him.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2020, 11:20:56 AM »
« Edited: September 28, 2020, 11:26:49 AM by Senator tack50 (Lab-Lincoln) »

Technically got himself banned at his own request but yeah he is banned (and very likely would have been banned regardless)

Tbh I do find some redeeming qualities in mvd; I've had some interesting debates on European politics with him and on his time in the forum he was pretty good at running the Dutch politics thread.

He reminds me of lfromnj a lot and would put him in a similar standing to lfromnj if it wasn't for his incident with Virginia. I also think he should remain banned for said incident but that is obviously not my call to make.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2020, 11:22:59 AM »

Adam Griffin is probably the closest, where he was briefly permabanned for his implication in the 2015 Modleaks scandal; while also being a forum member who was in very high standing.

This was eventually changed to a 2 weeks tempban I think once things had been cleared up I believe. (by none other than Dave himself if I am not mistaken; probably one of the very few times Dave intervened directly)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2020, 11:26:17 AM »

I know he was, but I'm curious as to the story behind it, because it seems it was pretty bad but he always seemed like a very reasonable and informative poster whenever I read anything by him.

Here is the big thread that details the things that happened fairly well. Most stuff happened on Discord though but there are plenty of screenshots captured

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=311579.0

There may be other threads but this should be the biggest one
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2020, 11:35:08 AM »

If being so widely reviled you get banned from Atlas and AAD is a qualification, then jmfcst should be on the list, though I think he's someone who got worse with time; before around the turn of the decade I think he was a poster in good standing.

Delighted to see myself declared a troll in the second post.

Haha, IMO you're not a troll--but I think it's fair to say that you probably provoke more controversy on AAD than Hamilton presently, though some of that comes from being a conservative in leftist AADland.

I will say that a little trolling is salutary--there's a reason why I love to vigorously advocate municipal amalgamation in from of Earl.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2020, 11:39:00 AM »

Adam Griffin is probably the closest, where he was briefly permabanned for his implication in the 2015 Modleaks scandal; while also being a forum member who was in very high standing.

This was eventually changed to a 2 weeks tempban I think once things had been cleared up I believe. (by none other than Dave himself if I am not mistaken; probably one of the very few times Dave intervened directly)

No, Dave investigated Modleaks, but Nym decided the ban lengths, including the length of the temp bans for Bacon King and Adam.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2020, 01:22:34 PM »

I don't know if I would say 'intervened.' It was mostly an indefinite ban while things were sorted out. The only actual decision made was Dave's, which was 2 weeks.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2020, 06:30:36 PM »

Anyway, I don't see how you can not include Richius and Fluffy (i.e. DWDL). Admittedly there aren't many left who would remember the first, and probably not even that many the second now.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2020, 07:06:51 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2020, 07:10:34 PM by Southern Motherf***in' Catholic Republicans »

Would Naso and PublicUnofficial qualify as non-controversial bans?  I'm pretty sure most would agree solarstorm's ban was more than well-deserved Tongue
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2020, 07:52:54 PM »

Would Naso and PublicUnofficial qualify as non-controversial bans?  I'm pretty sure most would agree solarstorm's ban was more than well-deserved Tongue

Didn't Fuzzy Bear and fhtagn defend Naso? (Could be misremembering)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2020, 08:06:42 PM »

I don't think Fuzzy defended Naso, but fhtagn might've, IDK.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2020, 08:07:39 PM »

I don't think Fuzzy defended Naso, but fhtagn might've, IDK.

I defended both Naso and publicunofficial, but I do that for all the crazies.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2020, 08:14:56 PM »

Matthew27 is definitely the worst that we've had since I've joined.
Would Naso and PublicUnofficial qualify as non-controversial bans?  I'm pretty sure most would agree solarstorm's ban was more than well-deserved Tongue

Probably at least one did, they always do that and rail against the "mod war on right wingers" or whatever, it's almost like right wingers on this site have a persecution complex.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2020, 08:23:52 PM »

Dixie Reborn was really out there. Made YH look like a pinko commie in comparison.
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2020, 09:22:46 PM »

The crushing and humiliating shame of being associated with Atlas is what makes the forum hard to view in a public place, not a (tasteful) picture of a film star.

Fat fetishism is not tasteful.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2020, 09:27:05 PM »

Nor was anything TexArkana ever posted here.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2020, 09:42:14 PM »

Nor was anything TexArkana ever posted here.

I'd disagree with this assertion. TexArkana did post several maps and substantive electoral analysis posts while he was here, although I do agree that he went over the line with his spamming (I remember cringing whenever I had to view his signature, particularly if I was on campus), and was deservedly banned for it. However, he is still active on AH.com, and has kept himself under control there (although given that AH.com would have banned him in one millisecond if he pulled even a fraction of what he did here, that makes sense).
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies