Most likely to win: Bollier, Gross, Harrison, James
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:43:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Most likely to win: Bollier, Gross, Harrison, James
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who do you think is most likely to win?
Barbara Bollier

Al Gross

Jaime Harrison

John James

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 137

Author Topic: Most likely to win: Bollier, Gross, Harrison, James  (Read 2288 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2020, 04:12:06 PM »

Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2020, 05:36:31 PM »

Harrison > Gross > Bollier > James
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2020, 05:38:51 PM »

Michigan looks like it's all but out of reach for Republicans at the presidential level, and I highly doubt James is gonna outrun Trump enough to win.

I'm gonna be bold and say it: I'm starting to feel like South Carolina could be North Carolina 2008. Based on recent polling, would not be surprised if Biden just barely wins it and Harrison outruns him by a few points.

Note SC is now closer for president in the FiveThirtyEight averages than Michigan...

As for the Kansas/Alaska races, I really have no idea about them. Neither narrow Gross/Bollier wins or comfortable Republican wins would shock me.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2020, 06:27:02 PM »

Harrison. South Carolina seems like it's the closest race of the four, although they're all close.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2020, 02:32:24 PM »

James (40%), Harrison (30%), Bollier (10%), Gross (refusetopredictAlaska%)
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2020, 07:11:30 PM »

James
Harrison
Gross
Bollier
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2021, 03:01:45 AM »

Thought this was a bit of a fun thread to bump after going through my archives -- one of these candidates lost by 2 points, and all the others lost by double-digits (11 to 13 points). Interesting to consider why James wasn't the overwhelming choice.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2021, 10:46:30 AM »

Thought this was a bit of a fun thread to bump after going through my archives -- one of these candidates lost by 2 points, and all the others lost by double-digits (11 to 13 points). Interesting to consider why James wasn't the overwhelming choice.

Because the most active Atlas members are generally dem hacks, thus it's not suprising that James' chances were massively underestimated while the Bollier/Gross/Harrison's ones were massively overexagerated.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2021, 04:42:50 PM »

lol fools
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2021, 05:21:17 PM »

Because the most active Atlas members are generally dem hacks, thus it's not suprising that James' chances were massively underestimated while the Bollier/Gross/Harrison's ones were massively overexagerated.

More like polling indicated a massive Democratic wave, but sure go on about how Atlas is full of Democratic hacks and whatnot...
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2021, 06:18:16 PM »

Don't blame me I voted James in this poll.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2021, 07:45:47 PM »

I mean, the real answer is the massive uniform polling errors. But also - all four lost - so you can't really prove the counterfactual that James was "more likely to win" than the other three. The fact that he lost by less doesn't really matter at all. He lost.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2021, 08:59:37 PM »

Harrison lost by a bit less than Bollier, but still, don't group all red avatars together.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2021, 10:40:02 PM »

Tfw Espy came closer than any of the democratic candidates mentioned
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2021, 09:45:35 AM »

Gotta appreciate not only that most people on here not only thought AK, KS, and SC races were close, but also that multiple people put James IN LAST as far as competitiveness.

Michigan looks like it's all but out of reach for Republicans at the presidential level, and I highly doubt James is gonna outrun Trump enough to win.

I'm gonna be bold and say it: I'm starting to feel like South Carolina could be North Carolina 2008. Based on recent polling, would not be surprised if Biden just barely wins it and Harrison outruns him by a few points.

Note SC is now closer for president in the FiveThirtyEight averages than Michigan...

As for the Kansas/Alaska races, I really have no idea about them. Neither narrow Gross/Bollier wins or comfortable Republican wins would shock me.

This, folks, is why you should never trust Nate Silver. I tried to warn people in the runup to the election, but instead I got a lot of scorn for bringing up his record. "It's not going to be 2016" everybody said in unison. They were actually correct about that, as far as polling and "expert" prognostication goes it was far worse.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2021, 10:28:07 AM »

Gotta appreciate not only that most people on here not only thought AK, KS, and SC races were close, but also that multiple people put James IN LAST as far as competitiveness.

This, folks, is why you should never trust Nate Silver. I tried to warn people in the runup to the election, but instead I got a lot of scorn for bringing up his record. "It's not going to be 2016" everybody said in unison. They were actually correct about that, as far as polling and "expert" prognostication goes it was far worse.

The issue here is that you were right, but for the wrong reasons (or, more precisely, no reason).

People saying the polls would be different in '20 had two major data-driven regions for believing this: 1) 2016 polls didn't weight for education, while 2020 polls did 2) There were serious signs of trouble for Dems in district-level polls in '16 even while the state-level polls look good; this was not a dynamic in 2020 and the district polls still looked good for Dems

People like you, on the other hand, just repeated that the polls would be wrong again, but couldn't actually provide any reason for that. It's like getting the answer right in math class but not showing your work. Just because you happened to be right doesn't mean you should get any credit.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2021, 07:24:58 PM »

More like polling indicated a massive Democratic wave, but sure go on about how Atlas is full of Democratic hacks and whatnot...
Both of these statements can be true at the same time
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies