Who are the worst trolls in this site's history?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:41:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who are the worst trolls in this site's history?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Who are the worst trolls in this site's history?  (Read 5194 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2021, 12:59:33 PM »
« edited: March 05, 2021, 01:03:47 PM by Velasco »

The one's who've managed to get away with it for years: Beet, Bronz, Tender Branson

I have never been a "troll" ...

I only post the uncomfortable truth sometimes, that some on here don't like.

Your posts about the Mahometans and about Malthusian catastrophes are indeed uncomfortable, but they are not the truth.

This depends on the point of view:

In ca. 2015-16, when I said that a lot of rapefugees and other Muslim terrorists were on the way to Europe along with normal refugees, nobody believed me (well, some did).

What do you tell the raped and killed women, children and others in Europe that were killed by these infiltrants that we let in ?

Is it not the truth ?

Or when it comes to overpopulation: what do you think the local elephants, rhinos and Co. in Africa think about there being 4 billion people in Africa by 2100, rather than the 1 billion now ? They are already hunted to extinction right now and their habitats being destroyed further by the cancerous expanion of humans.

Uff Tender. I'm going to overlook your obsession with Muslim rapists and say nothing about famous cases of sexual predators whom happened to be white and European (probably you are familiar with some of these cases)

No doubt that overpopulation is a serious problem, but your take is so simplistic that sounds rather cartoonish. Sure, the demographic explosion in Africa may be a contributing factor in the reduction of natural habitats and the possible extiction of elephants and rhinos. But "Africans breeding like rabbits" is not the only causation of the destruction of biodiversity. Rather, the main factor contributing to environmental degradation are the patterns of consumption associated to our economic system and our ways of life. And the patterns of consuption are not equally distributed. There exists a brutal inequality in the distribution of resources, so the most developed 10% or 20% is consuming 70% or 80% of the available resources. See the table below

You focus the problem on the population growth in underdeveloped countries, but these people is contributing to the ongoing environmental disasters 10, 20 or 50 times less than a normal US citizen based on per capita consumption. On the other hand, it seems to me that you advocate walling Europe against foreign invasions. The most annoying thing that I see in your posts is that they reflect ideas suggesting an embryonic eco-fascism. I'm not saying that you are eco-fascist (and I hope you never become in one). But I suggest you to reconsider some of your takes, because that ideology is very dangerous

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjdvzx/eco-fascist-arm-of-neo-nazi-terror-group-the-base-linked-to-swedish-arson?utm_source=reddit.com

“Eco-fascism” is an ideology experiencing a revival among the far-right, which blames the demise of the environment on overpopulation, immigration, and over-industrialization, problems that followers think could be partly remedied through the mass murder of refugees in Western countries.  

Some people believe eco-fascism will be more popular in the years to come, becoming mainstream out of far-right extremist groups

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2021, 02:11:16 PM »

Eco-Fascism isn’t „far-right“.

It’s far-left.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2021, 02:34:41 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2021, 08:35:50 PM by Virginiá »

Bronz is hilarious. He's one of the better trolls.

The worst trolls I'd say are NYCMM, LimoLiberal, KingLear and AHugeCat.

LittleBigPlanet might deserve a mention, but I can't remember too well whether he was just an incredibly annoying spam poster or a troll.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2021, 03:56:05 PM »

It’s far-left.

So you agree with libertarians and American conservatives that fascism is an ideology of the left, not the right?
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2021, 04:01:35 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2021, 04:39:09 PM by Velasco »

It’s far-left.

No, Tender. Fascism is always far-right. According to Wikipedia, some people argue the origins of ecofascism are in Nazi Germany ("Blood and Soil"). There was a German ecofascist organization established in 1963 called Collegium Humanum, which was banned in 2008. Also, there is a woman called Savitri Devi who was a proponent "Esoteric Nazism" and deep ecology. Isn't it fascinating?

The Murray Boochkin quote included in the Wiki article is worth reading, because it portrays far-right and leftist types behind the  "deep ecology" label. The racist and anti-immigration types are clearly far-right ecofascists

"There are barely disguised racists, survivalists, macho Daniel Boones, and outright social reactionaries who use the word ecology to express their views, just as there are deeply concerned naturalists, communitarians, social radicals, and feminists who use the word ecology to express theirs... It was out of this former kind of crude eco-brutalism that Hitler, in the name of 'population control,' with a racial orientation, fashioned theories of blood and soil... The same eco-brutalism now reappears a half-century later among self-professed deep ecologists who believe that Third World peoples should be permitted to starve to death and that desperate Indian immigrants from Latin America should be excluded by the border cops from the United States lest they burden 'our' ecological resources".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecofascism

In case ecofascism becomes mainstream, I guess it would be in the form of some kind of rightwing populism. Something like Le Pen looking for scapegoats to blame for the environmental crisis
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2021, 07:50:00 PM »

I’ll be damned. It’s hard sometimes figuring out if certain posters are ones I know before or not Cheesy

*hughughug*

*hughughug* Good to see you’re ok, ILV. Smiley
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2021, 11:41:02 PM »

It’s far-left.

So you agree with libertarians and American conservatives that fascism is an ideology of the left, not the right?

No, there can be a fascism of the far-right and far-left IMO.

Just because a certain left-winger from Spain on here ignores the fact that fascism can only be right-wing, it’s not true.

There’s a lot of people from the Left who are similar to Nazis and right-wing fascists.

Eco-Fascism has different facets of course and there can be supporters with a anti-migrant sentiment, but also complete environmentalists as well who have no concerns about foreigners and only want to get rid of humanity in general to protect the planet (I’m part of the latter).

And I agree this topic of extremist environmentalism will become more prominent in the next decades.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2021, 01:56:36 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2021, 03:27:17 PM by Velasco »

It’s far-left.

Just because a certain left-winger from Spain on here ignores the fact that fascism can only be right-wing, it’s not true.

There’s a lot of people from the Left who are similar to Nazis and right-wing fascists.

Eco-Fascism has different facets of course and there can be supporters with a anti-migrant sentiment, but also complete environmentalists as well who have no concerns about foreigners and only want to get rid of humanity in general to protect the planet (I’m part of the latter).

And I agree this topic of extremist environmentalism will become more prominent in the next decades.

Claiming that people in the far-left can be similar to the Nazis reveals great ignorance about ideology and political beliefs. Leftwing authoritarianism (the likes of Stalin and Mao) has never been based on racial hatred or the worship of violence, which are some of the distinctive characteristics of Nazism. Nor far-left ideologies (either communist or anarchist) are based on the principles and motivations of Nazism and Fascism: exaltation of fatherland and racial purity, imperialism and vital space. The aspirations of the far-left folks are more related to the establishment of a society where the differences between classes have been abolished through a social revolution. While Nazis and Fascists invoke Race, Fatherland, Imperium and Tradition  communists and anarchists talk about Universal Brotherhood

You claim having no concern for the human race, so besides anti-immigration you are anti-humanist. Also, you have admitted being part of that ecofascist current. It's amazing, but nothing of this is related to any existing leftist ideology.

Certainty I am leftwing, but I think Stalinists, Maoists and the Khmer Rouge are terrible regardless.  It's only that they have little to do with Hitler and Mussolini
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2021, 04:04:31 PM »

It’s far-left.

Claiming that people in the far-left can be similar to the Nazis reveals great ignorance about ideology and political beliefs. Leftwing authoritarianism (the likes of Stalin and Mao) has never been based on racial hatred or the worship of violence, which are some of the distinctive characteristics of Nazism. Nor far-left ideologies (either communist or anarchist) are based on the principles and motivations of Nazism and Fascism: exaltation of fatherland and racial purity, imperialism and vital space. The aspirations of the far-left folks are more related to the establishment of a society where the differences between classes have been abolished through a social revolution. While Nazis and Fascists invoke Race, Fatherland, Imperium and Tradition  communists and anarchists talk about Universal Brotherhood

You claim having no concern for the human race, so besides anti-immigration you are anti-humanist. Also, you have admitted being part of that ecofascist current. It's amazing, but nothing of this is related to any existing leftist ideology.

Certainty I am leftwing, but I think Stalinists, Maoists and the Khmer Rouge are terrible regardless.  It's only that they have little to do with Hitler and Mussolini

Yeah sure ...

They are 2 sides of the same coin !

All you do is whitewashing the crimes committed by Stalin, Mao and Co. that led to the deaths of 100 million people and thinking they are inferior to Nazi crimes ... Roll Eyes
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2021, 04:50:23 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2021, 04:59:01 PM by Velasco »

Yeah sure ...

They are 2 sides of the same coin !

All you do is whitewashing the crimes committed by Stalin, Mao and Co. that led to the deaths of 100 million people and thinking they are inferior to Nazi crimes ... Roll Eyes

I'm not whitewashing Stalin a and Mao by telling their political philosophies are different from those of Hitler and Mussolini. If you don't know from where these guys were coming from, you will be unable to understand the motivations for their crimes. Knowledge and comprehension have nothing to do with justifying or whitewashing

"They are 2 sides of the same coin" is a simplistic take inappropiate for a political forum. It's totally false and inaccurate,  leaving aside the platitude that both sides committed horrible crimes. Besides, that's a very usual argument invoked by those intending to justify criminals like Francisco Franco. Over the years I had had some discussions with Francoists in the internet. They are boring and tiresome

Honestly, Tender, your level of ignorance is amazing.

You are the ecofascist who hates human race, not me
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2021, 05:19:35 PM »

Honestly, Tender, your level of ignorance is amazing.

You are the ecofascist who hates human race, not me

Pump your brakes kid. That man is a national treasure.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2021, 01:18:52 AM »

I’ll be damned. It’s hard sometimes figuring out if certain posters are ones I know before or not Cheesy

*hughughug*

I wouldn't advise doing that these days. You might catch Covid. Tongue
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2021, 10:35:57 AM »

*hughughug*

I wouldn't advise doing that these days. You might catch Covid. Tongue

Well-played, NCY. WMS & ILV will virtually *HHH* to avoid COVID on NCY’s JAO. Cheesy
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2021, 06:23:47 PM »

PBrunsel was a pretty generic teenage blue avatar from Iowa with a bunch of policy positions that were about what you'd expect from a evangelical upbrought teenage socon (at least by the standards of the time, the simple fact that he opposed same-sex marriage would have him labeled a reactionary or troll today, and come to think of it it's been quite awhile since we had a poster who promoted things like young Earth creationism or hardline abstinence only education), but was not aggressive about it in the slightest, and thus developed a large friend circle on both sides of the political spectrum, and was most identifiable by a pretty odd obsession with Herbert Hoover, maybe at least partially attributable to him living pretty close to the small town in Iowa Hoover was born in and where his presidential library is. He was like most posters of the sort known most for his timelines and Atlasia activity.

A couple years after he established himself his brother Karl made an account but didn't post much, and his few posts were mostly apolitical and about things like his pet turtle. And then later another "brother" of his started posting, a supposedly older one who went by the name Hawkeye and posted incredibly bigoted screeds in a much more aggressive way, attacking groups like immigrants, homosexuals, people on welfare, Muslims and a healthy dose of anti-Semitism to boot. Hawkeye was such a blatant caricature that many posters (including myself) couldn't take him seriously and concluded that he was a troll persona, but many believed that he was due to PBrunsel's insistence he was real and his actual brother. He never joined in on Hawkeye's trolling sprees or even defended him, but always insisted he was his actual brother and his background story (that he was a high school gym teacher living at home with the Brunsel family) was accurate as well. Hawkeye did have a few hiatuses, one where I recall PBrunsel stating he quit posting simply because he asked him to.

One day a Hawkeye thread was going as normal until the account Karl, his younger brother posted a reply in Hawkeye's style. It was quickly deleted, but not until several posters has noticed and screenshotted it. After this was exposed "Hawkeye" posted an apology stating that he was not very political and just used the forum as a way to blow off steam and he apologized to anyone hurt by his hateful screeds, and then proceeded to delete all his posts, as did the Karl post. I vaguely recall something about a blog that obviously posted by whoever was behind the Hawkeye account but even more vicious and bigoted being uncovered, but then it too was deleted.

However PBrunsel insisted that he had two brothers and that Hawkeye was real and that he was simply doing this story because he didn't want it to reflect poorly on PBrunsel. At that point most of the forum turned on him and many accused him of actually making up both the Karl and Hawkeye accounts and that he was behind Hawkeye himself.

Surprisingly PBrunsel didn't immediately vanish after this, at least not permanently, though he greatly slowed posting and mostly ceased participating in the greater forum community and just stuck to his timelines and Atlasia activity. His activity eventually faded entirely to nothing of course and his reputation as a very friendly and kind guy was basically destroyed so it's not surprisingly he no longer had a desire to stick around longterm. So we never exactly found out if any of PBrunsel's brothers were real or if he was behind the whole thing, personally I've long held to that Karl was in fact his actual brother (his earlier posts were too mundane for someone to create a sock to post), and Karl was behind the Hawkeye persona but that was obviously fake. The more relevant and somewhat disturbing question is if "Hawkeye" came out of simple boredom and a desire for attention like traditional trolls or if he was in fact some sort of emotional outlet for much nastier things below the surface...I will say that whoever was behind that account definitely should seek help regardless, most normal adjusted people would have a very difficult time writing the sort of things posted by it even if they were "joking" or not serious and just trolling around. So one of the other notable bizarre incidents in Atlas history.
Bumping to say I ran across this which summarizes the whole bizarre ordeal well: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=172717.0
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2021, 08:20:59 PM »

Alexander Hamilton, there was also a pretty crazy nut from NJ around that time too.

Naso (basically trolling but he was 100% serious).

Boss Tweed
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2021, 05:30:19 AM »

Speaking of the PBrunsel saga, I have just gone checking the respective profiles and I have noticed that Hawkeye last logged into Atlas in 2012, that is three years after PBrunsel left this forum for good (and six years after Hawkeye's farewell post). Any explanation for that?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2021, 10:16:51 AM »

Checked this thread after a month to find a self-admitted fascist from Austria accusing others of eRaSiNg CoMmUnIsT cRiMeS by drawing a conceptual distinction between far-left and far-right regimes. Seems about par for the course for the way Tender approaches these issues.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2021, 10:21:13 AM »

Speaking of the PBrunsel saga, I have just gone checking the respective profiles and I have noticed that Hawkeye last logged into Atlas in 2012, that is three years after PBrunsel left this forum for good (and six years after Hawkeye's farewell post). Any explanation for that?

Were any of them actually banned during the course of this story?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2021, 10:31:06 AM »

This thread sucks since being bumped.

Can't believe no one mentioned Hamilton until MJ did a few posts ago. He got me good with the Napoleon persona.

I wouldn't call him one of the "worst" but Vander Blubb was perhaps the most effective troll we've ever had.

Also, yeah, BRTD belongs up there as well.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2021, 10:35:51 AM »

I wouldn't call him one of the "worst" but Vander Blubb was perhaps the most effective troll we've ever had.

Vander Blubb was a true master. His "horny slut governor?" thread was before even my time, but its effects are still being felt on the forum today.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2021, 11:16:10 AM »

Vander Blubb was a true master. His "horny slut governor?" thread was before even my time, but its effects are still being felt on the forum today.

Ok I need to see this if someone has a link.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2021, 11:24:06 AM »

I doubt it, since all three profiles can still be found on the Members List page (although Karl has no posts anymore).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2021, 11:25:43 AM »

Blubb was the master troll.  I once asked him why.  He simply responded he did it when he was bored.  I guess he hasn't been bored in a while, or was banned.  RIP.  Cry
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2021, 11:34:04 AM »

No. Back then bans were kind of rare because only Dave had the power to do so and he was only slightly more active than he is now, so once the Hawkeye account deleted all its posts and left there was no need to push for a banning.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2021, 11:34:10 AM »

Ok I need to see this if someone has a link.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=72386.0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies