Who are the worst trolls in this site's history?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:25:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who are the worst trolls in this site's history?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Who are the worst trolls in this site's history?  (Read 5116 times)
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2020, 09:12:40 AM »

I find it strange Opebo hasn't been mentioned yet.
I’m amazed one could get that many posts on this site in the first place. The bits and pieces I hear show how much a force he still holds on this site.

I don't think I'd classify opebo as a troll exactly. He was a vile sexpat with a purely self-interested worldview, but I think he came by it honestly.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2020, 09:53:01 AM »

Here's a thread on the aftermath of the Yates stuff for the record: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=58663.0

And some relevant links to the posts he made pretending to have the illness: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=130156.msg2772318#msg2772318
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2020, 01:48:27 PM »

Absolutely insane, also it's interesting reading about how the internet was in 2007. They had no social media really to check on this guy's story. You really could be anonymous back then. Also did you ever end up getting the MBA?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2020, 01:59:11 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2020, 02:10:04 PM by Mine eyes have seen the glory of the crushing of the Trump »

Absolutely insane, also it's interesting reading about how the internet was in 2007. They had no social media really to check on this guy's story. You really could be anonymous back then. Also did you ever end up getting the MBA?
Nah I never intended to get an MBA, I was just thinking of a Masters in general. Even if I got an MBA I'd be a disaster at any job with it lol.

I always suspected Yates was not who he claimed to be, while one can graduate law school and be an attorney at 26 you'd have to go to a really top tier law school and graduate near the top to land the type of paying job he claimed he had right out of law school and that wouldn't be in Iowa (and probably wouldn't be chatting about timelines with teenagers on an internet forum) and then becoming a six figured investment banker in a couple years is a huge stretch. But I also assumed even if he wasn't telling the truth about that he certainly wouldn't lie about something with the gravity of what he did.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2020, 02:01:08 PM »

What was the deal with Eharding?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2020, 02:09:41 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2020, 02:17:39 PM by Mine eyes have seen the glory of the crushing of the Trump »

He managed to be all of of a spammer, a creepy harasser of female posters and a Nazi. Just one of those is bad enough but he was very much all three.

He also had a Twitter account that was a bizarre combination of Elections Twitter style analysis and ravings about Jews and white genocide. Although he blocked me like a year or two ago which I found odd because: 1-I don't post on Twitter much and 2-I never directly interacted with him.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2020, 02:12:57 PM »

He managed to be all of of a spammer, a creepy harassed of female posters and a Nazi. Just one of those is bad enough but he was very much all three.

He also had a Twitter account that was a bizarre combination of Elections Twitter style analysis and ravings about Jews and white genocide. Although he blocked me like a year or two ago which I found odd because: 1-I don't post on Twitter much and 2-I never directly interacted with him.

Yikes. Somehow it makes it more sinister when people like that actually display some capacity for intellectual engagement.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2020, 02:15:14 PM »

You can really be anonymous now too. For example I have no social media whatsoever. Of course you can see I have deliberately chosen not to be very anonymous, but that's another story.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2020, 03:28:43 PM »

Yates
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2020, 05:47:10 PM »

Not sure if they were trolling but who was the guy who changed his political opinions after a leadership conference?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2020, 06:09:39 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2020, 06:51:35 PM by Ishan »

Not sure if they were trolling but who was the guy who changed his political opinions after a leadership conference?
I'm sure a lot of people have done that in real life. **cough** Trump.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2020, 11:33:54 PM »

I don't understand the premise of this question. Trolling is good.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2020, 11:38:19 PM »

Seconding Texarkana.

There's also Coraxion (or Cora).

He's best known for stating rather blatantly his support of Hamas, and blowing up Israeli children to "send a message".
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2020, 11:59:11 AM »

Santander.

Makes me laugh so hard I fear I'm gonna get a hard attack and die laughing, and that would be terrible.

Or I bleed to death scratching my head trying to figure out what persona he's doing now. There was alt-right trash, then there was classier John Dule, then there was  stark raving monrachist, then he decided to be a coastal elitist...until Kamala Harris got selected for Veep...I dunno what he is.

The rest of these trolls are at least consistent one thing....but this Asian Scot pilot guy...I just dunno what to make of him?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2020, 01:07:49 PM »

SirWoodbury.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2020, 06:38:49 PM »

I remember barfbag and Gus Chiggins being pretty bad.  Was Athiest2006 either of those?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2020, 07:08:53 PM »

Whew, BRTD bringing some memories back!
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2020, 07:12:29 PM »

I remember barfbag and Gus Chiggins being pretty bad.  Was Athiest2006 either of those?

Nah. Barfbag was Derek and Chiggins was apparently 12.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2020, 08:01:14 PM »

I'd completely forgotten about barfbag. Was he one of the 2012 election rogues' gallery or am I confusing him with kenyanobama?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2020, 09:43:58 PM »

I'd completely forgotten about barfbag. Was he one of the 2012 election rogues' gallery or am I confusing him with kenyanobama?

Barfbag was a sock of Derek.  One of many, but as "barfbag", he managed to last ~4 months, posting more than 1000 posts/month, before being outed as a sock:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=11106

I guess that was in 2013, so not a "2012 election rogues' gallery" poster.  The funniest thing from that episode was when (before being discovered as a sock) Torie offered to mentor him on not making so many dumb posts.

KenyanObama may well have been here in 2012, I don't recall.  I forget if KenyanObama was another sock of British Dixie, but I think they were here at the same time, and might have been the same person, I don't remember.  British Dixie I know did the same thing Coolface later did, which was come back with a sock account, and then, when outed as a sock, claim it was his cousin.  He also had a sock account named "FreedomFighter" who was here at the same time as him, and argued with himself and called himself racist:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=155571.msg3346315#msg3346315

More racism from BritishDixie. Tell me, are you a Klansman or somethign.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=31855.msg3346165#msg3346165

The U.S. has caused far more hurt to the world than the Soviet Union would have done.

It really annoys me people who attack the U.S for adopting an interventionist foreign policy. If the U.S had done that in World War II, then Nazi Germany might have lived a much longer life. Not to mention the Kims ruling all of Korea and Kuwait being ruled by Saddam Hussein, who incidentally would still be inflicting his brutal murderous regime upon his people. Not to mention the Soviet Union and China having free reign to wreak havoc around the world.

Yeah you're one who believe the U.S is a force for good. The U.S. has caused far more hurt to the world than the Soviet Union would have done. It oppressed the poor people of Vietnam, it armed Islamic extremists in Afghanistan, and invaded Iraq, violating the countries rights. I'm ashamed that there are British people like you.

<<Incendiary language removed. Grammar corrected. Peter>>
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2020, 01:01:16 AM »

Barfbag always seemed more like a bronz style rogue than a freaky psycho like eharding or Libertas, though in fairness this is my memories from High School.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2020, 01:52:04 AM »

Probably not enough to call him the worst, but the tale of Pbrunsel and how he torpedoed his reputation with inventing a series of fake family members has always intrigued me.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2020, 09:17:30 AM »

Bronz is hilarious. He's one of the better trolls.

The worst trolls I'd say are NYCMM, LimoLiberal, KingLear and AHugeCat.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2020, 09:56:10 AM »

Not sure how we got to this point without mentioning Coolface and his 2,500 cousins and other family members. Not to mention his latest sock lasted a long time.

It’s also hard to beat King Lear in terms of the reactions he got from people even though there were plenty of trolls that were worse.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2020, 04:02:14 PM »

There are two ways to look at the thread title, the worst people who trolled this site (which has been most of discussion), or the worst at trolling.  SirWood definitely ranks high in the latter as does the recent efforts of Redban.  I guess bronz deserves recognition for staying in character for such an incredibly long time, as noted Santander has to shift gears to maintain his high standards.  Beet would deserve mention for staying in character for such a long, long time except he's actually <inks>ing real.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies