College Recruitment for the Military Protection Bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:26:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  College Recruitment for the Military Protection Bill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: College Recruitment for the Military Protection Bill  (Read 25759 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2006, 05:23:21 PM »

*boos*

I can see crazy conservative nuts Smiley like good ol' Master jedi Wink voting aye, but you Earl?  What a violation of principles!  I urge you to change your vote because forcing the military upon our nation is not a good thing.  If you're looking for more volunteers, don't stalk them!  Just set up shop in town and real volunteers will come and you can recruit at places that allow you.  But the Atlasian military has no mandated place in our regional universities.

Therefore, I strongly urge you to change your vote.

You don't know anything you're talking about.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2006, 05:24:35 PM »

*boos*

I can see crazy conservative nuts Smiley like good ol' Master jedi Wink voting aye, but you Earl?  What a violation of principles!  I urge you to change your vote because forcing the military upon our nation is not a good thing.  If you're looking for more volunteers, don't stalk them!  Just set up shop in town and real volunteers will come and you can recruit at places that allow you.  But the Atlasian military has no mandated place in our regional universities.

Awww, I feel the love, it's buried, but I can still feel it.  Annnnnyways, why don't I?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2006, 05:26:19 PM »

*boos*

Awww, I feel the love, it's buried, but I can still feel it.  Annnnnyways, why don't I?

We're not forcing anybody to join the military. We're letting them come on campus and put up a booth that would allow people to come over, not being pushed in. So when you say we're forcing the military on people and stalking them you don't know what you're talking about. And just an FYI, I hate your politics but I have nothing against you personally. Smiley
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2006, 05:37:26 PM »

*boos*

We're not forcing anybody to join the military. We're letting them come on campus and put up a booth that would allow people to come over, not being pushed in. So when you say we're forcing the military on people and stalking them you don't know what you're talking about. And just an FYI, I hate your politics but I have nothing against you personally. Smiley

I never said that you were conscripting people.  I said you are forcing, (not letting, that was nice BS wording), region's universities to host the military and they do not want to.  You can't do that, it is wrong.  I said that you're stalking them because you have military officials that are supposed to recruit, not just stay in a booth, college students going from class to class.  They are not forcing them, but they take students out of college and interrupt the campus life.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2006, 05:52:37 PM »

Aye

'Hawk'
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2006, 06:01:20 PM »

Ok, I'll change my vote to abstain because of the jurisdiction differnces.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2006, 08:58:33 PM »

I never said that you were conscripting people.  I said you are forcing, (not letting, that was nice BS wording), region's universities to host the military and they do not want to.

Nah. This bill blocks universities from banning military recruiters from coming on campus.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Nah. Students are free to talk, or not to talk, to any recruiters that they want to. If you're concerned about students being interrupted by recruiters, make it a crime to interrupt and annoy people.

You also wouldn't have any case *at all* in front of the Supreme Court, as the Senate is perfectly free to make rules providing for the appropriation of federal funds to public universities.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2006, 09:59:01 PM »

I never said that you were conscripting people.  I said you are forcing, (not letting, that was nice BS wording), region's universities to host the military and they do not want to.

Nah. This bill blocks universities from banning military recruiters from coming on campus.

How is that different from what he said?  If universities are not allowed to bar military recruiters from being on their campus, that forces them to accomodate the recruiters whether they like it or not.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2006, 10:08:17 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You also wouldn't have any case *at all* in front of the Supreme Court, as the Senate is perfectly free to make rules providing for the appropriation of federal funds to public universities.

I am missing this connection.  The Senate can give money to region's universities which can be accepted or denied by the universities.  The Senate forcing the acceptance of military recruiters gives no freedom and forces the region to take action that is not given by the constitution.  If I am missing your parallel please explain more.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2006, 04:26:32 PM »

Current Vote Tally

4 Aye (MasterJedi, WMS, Bacon King, Democratic Hawk)
2 Nay (Gabu, Ilikeverin)
1 Abstain (EarlAW)
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2006, 08:30:51 PM »

Aye
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2006, 06:20:35 AM »

This bill has enough votes to pass. Senators now have 24 hours to change their votes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2006, 03:55:56 PM »

Aye, for the record.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2006, 06:26:30 AM »

With 6 Ayes, 2 Nays and 1 Abstention this bill has passed. I hereby present it to the President for his signiture.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2006, 06:53:51 AM »

VETO
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2006, 10:10:23 AM »

And of course I'll seek a veto override. Another horrible decision Mr. President.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2006, 02:42:13 PM »

And of course I'll seek a veto override. Another horrible decision Mr. President.

Isn't it terrible when our presidents defend freedom?  and education?  It is too out of the oridnary for me to handle, I expect them to be more like you, that is supporting supremacy of the military over free instituions of thought making informed decisions.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2006, 02:52:35 PM »

Isn't it terrible when our presidents defend freedom?  and education?  It is too out of the oridnary for me to handle, I expect them to be more like you, that is supporting supremacy of the military over free instituions of thought making informed decisions.

As has already been said and shown you don't know what you're talking about. Since this is now a veto override I'd just request that no more debate happen at this point except by Senators on this bill.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2006, 03:13:56 PM »

Actually the President made a very appropriate decision concerning this bill. The measures taken by the Senate in this bill are, from what I can tell, absolutely unconstitutional as all state higher educational facilities are controlled by the regional governments and not by the federal authorities. This would be constitutionally sound only if the federal government treatened to defund any school recieving federal funding that has not allowed military recruiters on their campus. Otherwise it would, insofar as my reading of the constitution seems to show, be unconstitutional.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2006, 03:18:26 PM »

Ebowed=FF
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2006, 04:18:10 PM »

Actually the President made a very appropriate decision concerning this bill. The measures taken by the Senate in this bill are, from what I can tell, absolutely unconstitutional as all state higher educational facilities are controlled by the regional governments and not by the federal authorities. This would be constitutionally sound only if the federal government treatened to defund any school recieving federal funding that has not allowed military recruiters on their campus. Otherwise it would, insofar as my reading of the constitution seems to show, be unconstitutional.

Can anyone verify for sure that Colleges and Universities are funded by the Regions and not the Federal Government? If this it the case, then I would lean toward agreeing with Justice Colin to the fact that this is unConstitutional, but I believe it would be completely acceptable for the regions to pass a similar law on the regional level.

(Also, if Colleges and Universities are funded by the Regions, what to the repeal of the Solomon Amendment accomplish in the first place?)
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2006, 04:34:20 PM »

Ebowed and Colin Wixted=FF

Master Jedi=HP/TF

TF means Totalitarian Fighter which I am coining just for my good pal Master Jedi.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2006, 04:35:10 PM »

Master Jedi=HP/TF

TF means Totalitarian Fighter which I am coining just for my good pal Master Jedi.

Wow, nice job thinking that up. -_- I really don't care what you think about me, you're an ultra liberal hack.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2006, 04:38:23 PM »

Master Jedi=HP/TF

Wow, nice job thinking that up. -_- I really don't care what you think about me, you're an ultra liberal hack.

Why thank you, I spent a considerable amount of time on that Cheesy.

I'll take ultra liberal, that's a good thing, but don't you think hack is over the edge?  Well I love you anyway, *HUGS AND KISSES*
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2006, 04:40:04 PM »

Master Jedi=HP/TF

Why thank you, I spent a considerable amount of time on that Cheesy.

I'll take ultra liberal, that's a good thing, but don't you think hack is over the edge?  Well I love you anyway, *HUGS AND KISSES*

Someone who will always vote for the same party or political side (left or right) is a hack and a horrible person. I won't always vote for a Republican because I know that that can be bad sometimes. You just haven't figured that out yet, but you should fast because it helps greatly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies