TX-Quinnipiac: Cornyn +8 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:33:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  TX-Quinnipiac: Cornyn +8 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-Quinnipiac: Cornyn +8  (Read 1114 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: September 24, 2020, 01:40:58 PM »

Basically what's expected D leaning undecideds are coming home to Hegar also lol at the idea that a three term incumbent being at 50% in a state that Trump will definitely not win by 5, and has a 50/50 chance of losing being considered Safe.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 06:59:55 PM »

lol at the people thinking Cornyn could win by an Abbott margin

At least appreciate the strong incumbent memes. I don’t think we’ve ever had such a large pool of unbeatable titans in the Senate as this election cycle (Ernst, Senator Peters, Cornyn, Collins, Daines, Perdue, and I’m probably missing a few). It’s hilarious that they all ended up in competitive races, but I guess it just goes to show you that the opposite of whatever Atlas predicts will usually happen lol.

Yeah, it is kind of ironic, though Collins' race was expected to be close, she just wasn't expected to lose until she blundered how she handled impeachment, I think Daines wasn't going to coast even without Bullock since MT is a swing state downballot (and Wilmot Collins would have done much better than Amanda Curtis), Ernst just seemed strong on paper, but is just such a terrible politician, and honestly IA's partisan lean probably saves her, Peters honestly looked safe over the summer, especially with Biden posting double digits leads in MI regularly, and his numbers cratered out of nowhere, Cornyn and Purdue were always going to have most undecideds break against them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies