Yahoo! News/YouGov: Biden +5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:53:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Yahoo! News/YouGov: Biden +5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Yahoo! News/YouGov: Biden +5  (Read 1053 times)
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2020, 12:41:04 PM »

I think some people are in full blown denial. This thing is tightening rapidly and frankly the scary thing is - there’s really no reason why. The fact people see this guy as worthy of a second term defies rational thought
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2020, 12:44:41 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2020, 12:47:44 PM by Skill and Chance »

These numbers of national popular vote are getting too close for Biden to hold the electoral college. Definitely not what we saw back during the Coronavirus or the George Floyd protests.

Uhhh, the coronavirus is still very much a thing, darling. 

Not how it was a few months ago. I live and am now registered with my Mom in Pennsylvania and I see a lot of Trump support and many who hate mask mandates.

Trump has been out-of-touch reckless on COVID since basically late April.  As much as I support COVID restrictions, mask orders, etc. and favor taking serious precautions, I do think there's a legitimate concern that Biden is also starting to look out-of-touch cautious to swing voters.  When it was about masks, Biden was clearly winning. Now that a bunch of red states and purple already have mask orders with reasonably high compliance and it's about whether to continue school/business closures or hold campaign events/knock on doors at all, I'm not sure.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2020, 12:45:12 PM »

I think some people are in full blown denial. This thing is tightening rapidly and frankly the scary thing is - there’s really no reason why. The fact people see this guy as worthy of a second term defies rational thought

Please show how it is tightening. And no, you can't pick just one poll because that's not how averaging works. Look at the averages in statewide and nationwide polling and show everyone this significant tightening.

Prove that some people are "in full blown denial."
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2020, 12:51:53 PM »

There's really no evidence of this.

Take a look at the five high-quality (538 B+ or better) national polls taken this week.

Biden leads by an average of around 8.5 points, which is basically the exact same margin as two or three weeks ago.
solidcoalition
Rookie
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2020, 12:52:43 PM »

I fear what will happen after another election with a popular vote loss, especially one that legitimizes his filling RBGs seat.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2020, 12:57:22 PM »

Biden's 538 average nationally has gone *up* this week. Why are so many people trolling.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2020, 01:02:58 PM »

Again, both candidates losing ground. Trump should be concerned that he's still only able to reach 44 poll after poll, and Biden should be concerned that he's losing ground, this is the third national poll in the past few days to show that.

It's awfully late in the race for the amount of undecideds to be increasing, yet here we are.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2020, 01:14:07 PM »

Again, both candidates losing ground. Trump should be concerned that he's still only able to reach 44 poll after poll, and Biden should be concerned that he's losing ground, this is the third national poll in the past few days to show that.

It's awfully late in the race for the amount of undecideds to be increasing, yet here we are.

Quinnipiac and GBAO were both dead even with their last polls. Polls are going to ebb and flow a few points in the MoE btw
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies