I no longer have a family.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:27:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I no longer have a family.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: I no longer have a family.  (Read 5586 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2020, 05:11:53 PM »

I know we haven't exactly been all that close lately, but I'm absolutely heartbroken for you, and cannot even begin to imagine how you must be feeling at the moment. I am incredibly sorry for your loss, Scott. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Please know how much the Atlas community cares for you, and I hope that brings you some sense of belonging and connection with others as you get through this.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2020, 05:12:47 PM »

We’ll have to get a GoFundMe up and running. I’m not sure how to go about doing that but I’ll certainly pitch in as much as I possibly can.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2020, 05:16:14 PM »

Can't imagine what you're going through. Just know that we all love you, and we're here to help out with whatever you need.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2020, 05:18:08 PM »

This is awful. My deepest sympathies.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2020, 05:20:55 PM »

Condolences.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2020, 05:21:06 PM »

I’m really sad to hear about this. This community will always be here for you.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2020, 05:25:24 PM »

First things first.

Thoughts and sympathies from Western Australia.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2020, 05:26:00 PM »

I'm so sorry. Let us know if we can do anything to help.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2020, 05:33:03 PM »

We’ll have to get a GoFundMe up and running. I’m not sure how to go about doing that but I’ll certainly pitch in as much as I possibly can.

If you guys want to do that for me, I would be grateful beyond words. I hate begging for money. But I don't know what to do at this point. For food all I have is the little money left on my EBT card and the ~$80 or so dollars on my mom's EBT. Obviously I won't be able to use her card next month, assuming I can even do it right now.

My uncle is making arrangements for me to get relocated and have enough money for food. But I suppose this is the day I officially become an adult, begin to find my own new living space, and assume responsibility for everything. Thankfully I have help from the city and state as well.

Most people here, I think, don't know that I am in fact disabled and unable to work at this time. That might change after I enroll in online college, but both my therapist and psychologist have written letters to the community services board saying that I cannot work and that I need to receive SSA.

I don't want to spend my life living off the dole, and I'm embarrassed to even admit that I've never had a "real job" in my life. Until today, my job was taking care for my mother: preparing her food, doing all the shopping, lifting her off the ground every time she fell due to a problem in one of her lumbars. Out of respect, I'm not going to go into her entire medical history, but caretaking for her was a full-time job and I don't care if anyone thinks otherwise. I am not a lazy person.

Sorry for the tangent. Sometimes just writing is somewhat therapeutic for me.

But any funds I can get as I begin this new chapter of my life would be extremely appreciated. But I understand that times are difficult and I don't want anyone to feel like there's an obligation.

I love you all so much.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2020, 05:38:24 PM »

If you guys want to do that for me, I would be grateful beyond words. I hate begging for money. But I don't know what to do at this point. For food all I have is the little money left on my EBT card and the ~$80 or so dollars on my mom's EBT. Obviously I won't be able to use her card next month, assuming I can even do it right now.

My uncle is making arrangements for me to get relocated and have enough money for food. But I suppose this is the day I officially become an adult, begin to find my own new living space, and assume responsibility for everything. Thankfully I have help from the city and state as well.

Most people here, I think, don't know that I am in fact disabled and unable to work at this time. That might change after I enroll in online college, but both my therapist and psychologist have written letters to the community services board saying that I cannot work and that I need to receive SSA.

I don't want to spend my life living off the dole, and I'm embarrassed to even admit that I've never had a "real job" in my life. Until today, my job was taking care for my mother: preparing her food, doing all the shopping, lifting her off the ground every time she fell due to a problem in one of her lumbars. Out of respect, I'm not going to go into her entire medical history, but caretaking for her was a full-time job and I don't care if anyone thinks otherwise. I am not a lazy person.

But any funds I can get as I begin this new chapter of my life would be extremely appreciated. But I understand that times are difficult and I don't want anyone to feel like there's an obligation.

I love you all so much.
You're not "begging" at all. You never once even mentioned money, which I know is obviously a big concern moving forward. This is Atlas, and we take care of our own.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2020, 05:43:07 PM »

Taking care of another individual full time is much more impactful and useful than a “real job”. There is also nothing wrong with both being disabled and Living on government assistance, this situation is what the latter is for and it is up for the government according to the “social contract” to serve you as so.

You have no fault in accepting bogus bootstrap pulling logic here, especially now. You have a right to see what resources are around you and receive aid from your peers and community, asking so in an appropriate manner that fits the situation, as you’ve shown to have indicated now.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2020, 06:06:14 PM »

Your story on finding your mother is just heart-breaking.
I'm very sorry for your loss.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2020, 06:23:31 PM »

I love you all so much.
You're not "begging" at all. You never once even mentioned money, which I know is obviously a big concern moving forward. This is Atlas, and we take care of our own.

Yep. I'm glad you've already mooted going all hands on deck helping Scott get on his feet, because if you hadn't, I was going to.

Scott, I'm happy to send you some more contact info if there's anything I can possibly do to help, since as yet we're only Facebook friends and I dislike Facebook and Messenger. Once Sanchez or whoever gets the GoFundMe up and running, I'll pitch in as much as I possibly can. And, of course, you'll always be in my prayers. If you like, I can have a Mass said for your mother's soul; I've asked my parish for Mass intentions in the past and they've been pretty accommodating.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2020, 06:29:37 PM »

I’m sorry for your loss. I hope that you are able to see your way through this dark time in your life, and my prayers will be with you. Don’t ever lose faith in yourself and life, always fight on to live another day.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2020, 06:29:48 PM »

Im very sorry for your loss Scott, this is beyond heartbreaking. You will be in my prayers Scott
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2020, 06:39:14 PM »

My god, I'm so sorry. Sending condolences and good vibes your way.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2020, 06:53:03 PM »

My heart goes out to you Scott. You've been through so much. Just know you are precious and treasured in this community. I'll be thinking about you.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2020, 07:26:28 PM »

Scott, I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you must be going through right now. Just know that we'll be here for you and you're in our thoughts.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2020, 07:50:45 PM »

You are treasured, Scott. I am so heartbroken for you. Let me know if you need anything.

(Can I just say how f—ng proud I am of you guys for all the support you have shown for Scott? I don’t think we’re a half-bad online community as far as those go...)
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2020, 07:59:06 PM »

Scott, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what it's like to experience losing a loved one under those circumstances, but I nonetheless feel for you right now. I know we are not that close, but if there is anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to reach out. You are an important member of the Atlas community. And although we are not exactly your family, know that many people here care deeply about your well-being.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2020, 08:27:27 PM »

Scott,

I'm very saddened to hear about your loss and offer my condolences. Please don't engage in further acts of self-harm in the future. You are valued and are a crucial part of the lives of others; even if it doesn't feel that way at certain times it is completely true.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2020, 08:34:50 PM »

Once again, thank you guys. All of you. It touches me to know that I have people who love me here. When my father died, I at least had my mother to wrap my arms around. Now I can't even see my uncles up in Connecticut and Massachusetts due to COVID restrictions.

On Wednesday, I will be meeting with a member of the funeral home. I don't know what to expect. And I have to be honest: I don't see much point in writing a eulogy (as I did for my dad) when my mom's family can't even be here. And I don't know if I even have it in me to do it right now.

Yep. I'm glad you've already mooted going all hands on deck helping Scott get on his feet, because if you hadn't, I was going to.

Scott, I'm happy to send you some more contact info if there's anything I can possibly do to help, since as yet we're only Facebook friends and I dislike Facebook and Messenger. Once Sanchez or whoever gets the GoFundMe up and running, I'll pitch in as much as I possibly can. And, of course, you'll always be in my prayers. If you like, I can have a Mass said for your mother's soul; I've asked my parish for Mass intentions in the past and they've been pretty accommodating.

Thank you, Nathan. Both you and Sanchez have always been great friends to me. And yes, if you can, please have a Mass said for her. Her name was Carolyn [my last name].
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2020, 08:36:11 PM »

Scott, I'm so sorry for your loss. You are loved and have a community here that values and supports you. Thinking and praying for you in this time. Purple heart
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2020, 08:46:10 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear this Scott. I know you might feel more alone than ever, but you're very important to a lot of us here, so don't hesitate to reach out if you need an ear or help.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2020, 08:54:48 PM »

....Oh...oh no, ....

Sincerest condolences from the bottom of the heart. I wish I knew what more to say here that hasn't been said...but I don't...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies