Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:37:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 313092 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: May 01, 2007, 01:05:27 PM »

introduced as a Senate Resolution:

Resolution on the issue of Atlasian recognition of the United States of America

Whereas, contrary to the official standpoint of the Atlasian government, the United States of America are still in existence, and still in possession of all the territories formerly in their possession,

1. The Government of Atlasia is urged to recognize de jure the United States of America, and the legality of the government of the United States of America.
2. The Government of Atlasia is urged to establish diplomatic relations with the United States of America.
3. The Government and the people of Atlasia are urged to frigging come to grips with the fact that Atlasia ain't no superpower, but is in fact a tiny US-shaped country with a population in the low three-digits.

There. My parting gift.

As outgoing (and final) GM I endorse this
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 05:51:06 AM »

Free Trade for All Act

1. No tariffs, customs, or restrictions on movement of goods, except those that have been outlawed by the destination or interim nation, shall exist between the Republic of Atlasia and any nation.
2. The President and other officers of the Atlasian Government shall take such actions as may be necessary to implement the provisions of this act.
3. Any government deemed as "hostile" or an "enemy" will not apply.

Not this sh*t again...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 08:16:48 PM »

Amendment to Allow the Senate to Set a Minimum Wage

The Senate shall have power to set a minimum wage, as it deems necessary. It shall be variable in that one shall be set for the Republic of Atlasia (the Five Regions) and others shall be set for the Insular Territories, at an appropriate level deemed by the Senate. The Regions shall also have power to set a minimum wage, within their jurisdictions, but this shall only have effect where this wage is greater than that which has been set by the Senate.

I'll co-sponsor this
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 02:30:52 PM »

Reform of the Alcohol Reform Act Bill

1. Section 4 of F.L. 14-10 is repealed and replaced with the following text:

"Persons under the age of 18 and over the age of 5 shall be allowed to consume alcohol under the supervision of a parent or guardian".
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 06:34:25 PM »

Middle East Aid Bill

1. Aid to both the State of Israel and the Palestinian Authority is to be increased by 33% in both cases.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 06:37:43 PM »

Northern Ireland Aid Bill

1. Atlasia is to give 1 billion dollars of aid to Northern Ireland each year from this one onwards in order to aid economic development.

2. If the Devolved Institutions collapse again, this aid is to be withdrawn.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 06:44:32 PM »

Repeal of the Repeal of the Education and Care for Children in Poverty Act

1. F.L. 6-20 (the Repeal of the Education and Care for Children in Poverty Act) is hereby repealed.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 06:47:14 PM »

"I don't like us being hated" Bill

1. F.L. 10-4 is hereby repealed
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 06:49:30 PM »

Miners Widows Bill

1. The widows of miners or former miners who die as a result of their occupation or former occupation shall be each be given $10,000 a year from the federal government.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 06:51:18 PM »

Say Sorry Bill

1. F.L. 14-7 is hereby repealed
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 06:52:55 PM »

We Don't Do Coups Bill

1. F.L. 13-19 is hereby repealed
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 06:57:39 PM »

Cymraeg Bill

1. Cymraeg (Welsh) is hereby declared to be the Sole Official Language of Bergen Co., NJ.

2. Take that, boyo!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 06:57:17 PM »

It would seem that in the time that I was away I missed the chance to hurl one of my favourite insults at a certain dolt here.

Oh well...

I also ask that Al's bill establishing an official language for Bergen County, NJ to be struck as either frivolous or unconstitutional, take your pick.

Rhaid cymryd y gwrthwynebiadau o ddifri.

(Ond... Cymru am byth!)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 07:28:23 PM »

Wow, you are more obnoxious and moronoic than I originally thought

Gwael ymateb.

Twpsyn.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 11:54:46 AM »

I have already stated (in this thread as well) that the objections to the bill must be taken seriously, so obviously I won't challenge the PPT's decision.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 06:51:55 PM »

Jury Reform Bill

1. All juries empanelled for the purposes of trying crimes in the Republic of Atlasia shall be composed of five jurors, who shall all be registered voters in the Region of the Republic of Atlasia in which the defendant is resident and without previous convictions.

2. Jury selection shall be random and shall be administered by the presiding Justice, he may however discard jurors from his selection on grounds of inactivity.

3. If the Justice shall decide a juror has become either prejudicious or inactive, he may replace the juror. The Justice may do this twice during a trial, but if he considers it necessary for a third time, he shall order a mistrial and begin a new trial.

4. In order for a jury to convict at least three jurors must deliver a guilty verdict, however the Justice may raise this to four jurors at his own discretion. Jurors shall make their verdict known by public post.

5. To be empanelled on to a jury, the juror shall repeat the following oath: "I swear (or affirm) that I will well and truly try the matter in issue between the parties, and give a true verdict according to the law and evidence, so help me Dave."
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »

I would like to object to the reintroduction of three defeated bills in slightly different form as being frivolous.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 12:43:40 PM »

I would like to object to the reintroduction of three defeated bills in slightly different form as being frivolous.
Considering the objection and recommendation of the president concerning my bill in his veto was to fix up the taxation section, resubmitting this bill that passed is far from frivolous.  As for Ebowed I do not know why he did that.

It was still defeated. If it wasn't defeated you wouldn't be re-introducing it.

Can't you at least wait until the next Senate? Not that you'll be in it, but I'm sure that whoever defeats you will be happy to introduce bills written by their constituents.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 12:58:34 PM »

Considering the objection and recommendation of the president concerning my bill in his veto was to fix up the taxation section, resubmitting this bill that passed is far from frivolous.  As for Ebowed I do not know why he did that.

It was still defeated. If it wasn't defeated you wouldn't be re-introducing it.

Can't you at least wait until the next Senate? Not that you'll be in it, but I'm sure that whoever defeats you will be happy to introduce bills written by their constituents.
My bill was passed, please read more carefully.  The president and others recommended I clean up the tax section and reintroduce it, that is exactly what I did.

I can read quite well, thank you. But I think that you need to understand what "passed" in the context of "legislation" means.
Not that it's something especially likely to bother you for much longer.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 03:17:41 AM »
« Edited: October 04, 2007, 10:25:26 AM by The Editor »

I am withdrawing the following bills:

Northern Ireland Aid Bill
Middle East Aid Bill
Say Sorry Bill
We Don't Do Coups Bill

Have a look at the sheer size of the pile-of-bills-that-hath-not-yet-made-it-to-the-floor and thee shall see why.

It would be nice if others would do the same sort of thing.

I would not object to other people introducing the above bills (or nicking bits of them or something) in later Senates, btw.

Edit: "pile-of-bills" not "pile-of-biles". Ho, ho.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 07:32:43 AM »

Italian is neither a significant international language of commerce nor spoken in multiple countries.

So what?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 04:38:37 PM »

So, we're trying to encourage the teaching of languages of international significance.

But not everyone will be an international busy-ness-man. How do kid's who'll grow up to become brickies, mechanics or office workers benefit from failing to learn Chinese at school?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 11:48:59 AM »

Wouldn't it make more sense to turn Sofa into a sort of civil-service position rather than a technically political one?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 09:22:46 AM »

Not this shit again.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 07:48:54 PM »

Financial Services Regulation Bill