Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:38:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 312667 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 14, 2011, 08:49:13 PM »

Bovine Protection Act
1) The production of veal shall be illegal as of January 1, 2012.
2) Producers found in violation shall be fined up to $1,000,000 per incident. If they are unable to pay the fine, they shall be shut down.
3) It shall be illegal to import veal into Atlasia as of January 1, 2012.
4) Any restaurant found selling veal products on or after January 1, 2012 shall be fined up to $1,000,000. If they are unable to pay the fine, they will be shut down immediately.
Why didn't you just make an omnibus "animal protection act"?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 04:24:18 PM »

Bovine Protection Act
1) The production of veal shall be illegal as of January 1, 2012.
2) Producers found in violation shall be fined up to $1,000,000 per incident. If they are unable to pay the fine, they shall be shut down.
3) It shall be illegal to import veal into Atlasia as of January 1, 2012.
4) Any restaurant found selling veal products on or after January 1, 2012 shall be fined up to $1,000,000. If they are unable to pay the fine, they will be shut down immediately.
Why didn't you just make an omnibus "animal protection act"?

Because they don't all pass (see: Feline Protection Act). An omnibus bill would be much more likely to fail. And an Animal Protection Act already exists, but it's anti-animal. I didn't vote for it.
No offense, but they kinda clog the que up.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »

The Pro Choice Act of 2011

The Republic of Atlasia hereby recognizes the independence of Georgia and Florida.

I am removing this as frivolous and unconstitutional. Sorry. Tongue

I ask you to reconsider as only the supreme court can say with certainty what is and is not unconstitutional, and if I recall, are you not the author of many past bills that would be considered frivolous? Tongue

Oh, now you say that? Roll Eyes
touché
I am guilty of that myself in the past, but I don't feel recognizing the existence of other countries as this would do is un-constitutional.
Thank you for defending the constitution and principles of liberty, sir.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 09:55:07 PM »

This isn't about recognizing "other" countries. It's about recognizing illegal secessionist movements.
This is street legal, bro.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 05:28:34 PM »

I'm not aware that Atlasia has Super PACs.  More over, what is the point of campaign finance laws when political campaigns do not actually collect money in any form?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 05:52:42 PM »

I'm not aware that Atlasia has Super PACs.  More over, what is the point of campaign finance laws when political campaigns do not actually collect money in any form?

We have 2, I believe: Freedom PAC (run currently by Jerseyrules, supporting 20RP12) and Atlasia Renaissance Super!!! PAC (run currently by Napoleon, supporting "a progressive reformist message").
But they don't actually DO anything.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 09:38:31 PM »

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST SENATOR BACON KING
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Having failed to post a singly post in the Fantasy Government for seven consecutive days (his last post: November 24, 2014, 05:17:45 pm), an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly

Best regards,
Senator Windjammer

joke constitution
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies