Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:51:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 314647 times)
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« on: August 04, 2011, 03:48:39 PM »

Just make it legal...I believe it already is, or at least is in the Pacific.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 08:54:49 PM »

Just make it legal...I believe it already is, or at least is in the Pacific.

See Mideast Assembly.

Yes I see that, but as a region they can do that.  The Federal Gov can only effect federal law.  Thus my first point of make it all legal.  Then I went to my second point that I thought it was legal, but thought I might be just thinking of the Pacific.  I could be wrong...

Turns out I wasn't.  See

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Marijuana_Legalization_and_Taxation_Act

As all marijuana is legal, this federal law may not be needed.  Especially considering, pursuant to the Amendment to that bill, the regions could do what they want (which I would argue they could anyways).
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 09:42:12 PM »

I, uh, know what current law is. I made this specific to health care as to override the "doctors" in the Mideast trying to determine what is a valid medical treatments. The federal government guarantees health care.

Kudos to you.  I did was not sure exactly what the law was.  It was in 2006, I think.  Very good research.

As far as you argument...I see you are fan of Marokai's interpretation of a the word "demonstration" in Clause 13, Section 5, Article 1 of the Third Constitution.  I myself respectfully disagree with it.  I just don't see it that way, but then again I am a strict constructionist.

However, an argument could be made that the amendment to the above bill gives the region the right you are trying to take away from them.

As far as "doctors" (your quotes) and "valid medical treatments" (my sarcastic quotes, not at you but rather based on my experience), I have a friend who got a prescription for marijuana for headaches (probably due to the fact he was hung over) while his girlfriend got them for PMS.  I do question a lot of the "doctors" (this time my quotes, because the guy who gave the prescription was not an MD or anything medical related).  Thus, returning to my opinion that we should just legalize it and do away with the facade.

Just my opinion.  While I was typing, I saw Tmth's post.  he is right.  I just wanted to respond in a way that I know someone would see the whole discussion.  I will now depart.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 10:18:21 PM »

Kal's Amendment

1. The Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia shall be elected separately from the President.
2. Election to the Vice Presidency shall take place at the same time and under the same rules as election to the Presidency
3. This amendment shall not affect in any way other already existing constitutional frames of the Vice Presidency
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 04:24:03 PM »

The Fair Compliance Amendment

Article I, Section VI of The Atlasian Constitution is amended to read:
The Senate shall make no law that applies to the citizens of Atlasia that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Regional officers; and, the Senate shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Regional officers that does not apply equally to the citizens of Atlasia.

This is perhaps one of the best pieces of legislation ever introduced.

So the Senate can't vote itself a raise? Darn it!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies