Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:10:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 315265 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 18, 2011, 10:08:12 PM »
« edited: July 19, 2011, 03:58:38 PM by Senator Jbrase »

Empowering Regions in Elections Amendment

1. A region's governing body shall have the authority to determine procedure for administration of voting booths and certification of election results for their own Class A Senate elections.

2. A region's governing body may determine the means of election to Class A Senate election.

3. To ensure fairness in changes in means of election, any alternative system of voting chosen by the region's governing body for Class A Senate elections must remain democratic and may not disqualify any candidate meeting the qualifications set in the Constitution.

4. If a region fails to open a vote for their Senator within 1 day of when polls must open, a Federal Officer of the Executive Branch shall open the vote on behalf of the region.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 10:02:58 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 03:34:25 PM »

The Pro Choice Act of 2011

The Republic of Atlasia hereby recognizes the independence of Georgia and Florida.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 09:58:51 PM »

The Republic of Atlasia hereby recognizes the independence of Georgia and Florida.

I am removing this as frivolous and unconstitutional. Sorry. Tongue

I ask you to reconsider as only the supreme court can say with certainty what is and is not unconstitutional, and if I recall, are you not the author of many past bills that would be considered frivolous? Tongue
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 05:08:59 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2011, 05:16:39 PM by Senator Jbrase »

I am removing this as frivolous and unconstitutional. Sorry. Tongue

I ask you to reconsider as only the supreme court can say with certainty what is and is not unconstitutional, and if I recall, are you not the author of many past bills that would be considered frivolous? Tongue

Oh, now you say that? Roll Eyes
touché
I am guilty of that myself in the past, but I don't feel recognizing the existence of other countries as this would do is un-constitutional.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 01:00:24 AM »
« Edited: October 06, 2011, 03:20:41 PM by Senator Jbrase »

The Recall of Senators Amendment.
Article I, Section 4 of the Constitution is hereby amending to include:

8: If 30% of a Senator's constituency signs a petition to recall their Senator(s) then the Secretary of Federal Elections shall open a voting booth for the recall election exactly two weeks after the petition obtains the needed amount of signatures. The recall elections shall follow the same procedures as the the general elections for each class of Senators. If the Secretary of Federal elections declares a recall election is to be held, any eligible citizen may declare their intention to be on the ballot up to 48 hours before the booth is open. Should the Senator(s) be recalled, the certified winner(s) of the election may swear in to take their seat in the senate immediately.   
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 08:14:48 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2011, 08:16:42 PM by Jbrase »

The Liberum Veto Amendment

1. a. Any Senator may end the current Senate session and repeal all legislation passed during that session by using a Liberum Veto, including acts, resolutions, constitutional amendments etc.

b. After a session has been ended using a Liberum Veto, no further legislation may be passed until the next session begins.

2. a. This veto shall be exercised by the Senator shouting "NIE POZWALAM!!!" in a loud and distinct fashion.

b. The Senator must post a link to an audio or video recording of this act in the Atlas Fantasy Government forum in order for the veto to be considered valid.

3. This amendment shall come into effect in the first Senate session beginning after its ratification.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies