Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:15:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 313507 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: April 12, 2010, 09:16:59 PM »
« edited: April 12, 2010, 11:31:11 PM by A.G. Barnes »

Can I get one of you to introduce this for me? Smiley

The Death Penalty Abolition Amendment

Section One: Capital Punishment, as a federal conviction, is hereby outlawed in the Republic of Atlasia.

Section Two: After the adoption of this Amendment, the President pro tempore of the Senate shall transmit this Amendment to the governors of the respective regions of Atlasia, so that they might consider a review of their existing capital punishment laws.

Section Three: When a case that has the conviction of capital punishment is appealed to the Atlasian Supreme Court, Section One of this Amendment may be wavered at the discretion of the court.

(Had to edit Sec. 2 Wink)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 06:52:49 PM »

Introduced on behalf of the SoFE.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 07:33:05 PM »

The Green Homes Act

Section One:
a. All homes equipped to be at least 10% energy efficient by July 1, 2011, shall receive a rebate of $800.  The percentile shall increase by 5% every two years with the rebate also increasing by $400 every two years.

b. Any household that purchases a clean energy device for their home, including, but not limited to: solar panels, a wind turbine, or tapping geothermal energy, shall receive a deduction of 10% on their regional income taxes for 2011 and 2012.

Section Two:
a. The Department of Internal Affairs shall be charged with distributing the rebates.

b. The DoIA shall also be responsible for handling any complaints or concerns regarding the rebates.

Section Three:
a. This legislation expires June 30, 2013.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 12:06:05 AM »

The Get Me A Job! Act

Realizing the need for a more direct and local approach to fighting unemployment, the Employment Opportunities Bureau is hereby established.   

Section One - Administration:
a. The Employment Opportunities Bureau (EOB) shall supervised by the Department of Internal Affairs.
b. The EOB shall be administered by a Director who shall be appointed by the President, upon the confirmation of the Senate.
c. The EOB shall be divided into five districts, one for each of the five regions.
d. Each district shall be administered by a three person panel, who shall serve terms of three years and be chosen by the Director, and approved by the Secretary of Internal Affairs.
e. Each District EOB shall be responsible for the establishment of local offices for the EOB. Each state must be allocated at least fifteen local offices. The number of employees for each office shall be determined based on the population of the area in which the office is located.

Section Two - Duties:
a. The goals of the Local EOBs shall be to inform local residents of employment opportunities in their areas and the best ways for them to apply for said employment.
b. The Local EOBs shall secure funding from their District EOB to advertise on radio, television, the internet, and in print, local employment opportunities.
c. Each District EOB shall maintain a constant, twenty-four (24) hour "job hotline" for their respective region. The hotline shall direct any citizen who is looking for employment to their Local EOB and give them instructions on how to contact it.

Section Three - Funding
a. All funding for the EOB shall be federally delegated through the Department of Internal Affairs.
b. All of the funds delegated to the EOB may only be used to fund the said program.
c. Every year, an independent audit shall be conducted of the EOB and it's findings reported to the Senate and the President.
d. No taxpayer funded bailouts may be used to fund the EOB.

Section Four - Effective Date
a. This Act shall come into effect on December 1, 2010.
b. This Act shall expire when the national unemployment rate of Atlasia stays at or below 5.5% for four successive quarters.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 10:47:18 PM »

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 05:20:11 PM »

A BILL
To instruct the Department of Internal Affairs to establish a user-friendly public website for access to "green government" programs

Section I. Title
This legislation may be cited as the “GreenNet Act of 2013.”

Section II. Establishing the GreenNet Program
1) Within two months of the passage of this act, the Department of Internal Affairs shall establish an on-line “GreenNet Program” to provide a free, user-friendly, easy access, website for all citizens to use.
2) The purpose of GreenNet shall be to provide a simple and streamlined way for any citizen, business, or community, to view applicable energy, land, water, and air efficiency programs as passed and revised by the federal government.
3) The DoIA shall be charged with making citizens aware of GreenNet and for keeping it updated as effectively as possible.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 12:22:29 AM »

A BILL
To provide the regions with adequate funds to reduce the carbon emissions of their local governments, properties, and facilities

Section I. Title

This legislation may be cited as the “Clean Carbon Communities Act of 2013.”

Section II. Appropriations

1) In response of the actions already taken by several regions, the Senate recognizes the need for financial assistance and oversight in the efforts to make all buildings and facilities owned and operated by regional governments green and energy efficient.

2) Fifteen million dollars ($15,000,000) is allocated to each regional government by the Department of the Interior for a period of five years to meet the goals outlined in the above clause.

3) For the purposes of this act, “Department” shall refer to the Department of Internal Affairs, and “Secretary” to the Secretary of Internal Affairs.

Section III. Distribution

1) Prior to receiving the appropriate funding, each regional executive shall submit a proposal to the Department outlining how to best allocate and use their funding.  Each proposal shall be reviewed by the Secretary and either approved or denied; each proposal shall also be required to meet the following criteria to be considered:
a. All regional government-owned buildings and facilities must be included in the proposal;
b. A plan must be included on to best distribute the regional funding to local governments;
c. A review of the different proposed forms of clean energy (solar, wind, geothermal, etc.) and which form or forms would be the most appropriate to the region in terms of economic and environmental impact.

2) Each region must submit their proposals within thirty (30) days of the passage of this bill, and if they fail to do so in that time period, and have not requested an extension from the Secretary, the Department shall reallocate that region’s funding equally to the remaining regions that have a submitted and approved report.

3) Within three (3) years of the distribution of the funds, the Department shall conduct an independent audit of their expenditure and accounting.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 04:37:07 PM »

I would like to request for a Senator to kindly sponsor this bill on my behalf:

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 05:01:15 PM »

I've been advised that using the Public Legislation Submission Thread would be a more effective method of introducing this legislation. Therefore I will move my bill to that thread.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 10:07:23 PM »

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 10:21:49 PM »

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 12:46:22 PM »

Let's get this process started.  I am simply introducing the 2015 federal budget as a starting point.

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 01:44:25 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2015, 02:17:09 PM by Barnes »

Final thing for the moment, I promise!

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 06:37:58 PM »

I cannot support this as it is just a further descent into chaos being promoted at both sides.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 08:00:57 PM »

I move the following motion:

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2015, 04:18:36 PM »

I move the following motion:

Didn't we just vote down a similar proposal?

This merely adjourns the remainder of this session of the Senate which will expire on the first Friday of January.  I don't expect anyone to be particularly active over the next week or two.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies