Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:36:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 314065 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: March 20, 2011, 03:24:55 PM »

Deletion Is Bad Act

1. Deleting a vote in the federal election after twenty minutes since posting and/or after booth was closed is hereby illegal, and is punishable to at least six-month ban from vote and/or six-month ban from holding an office
2. Soliciting another Atlasian to delete a vote is hereby illegal as well, and is punishable to at least one year ban from vote and holding an office

I'll support this, with a few amendments. Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 10:07:28 AM »

Because we can never have enough people working on the wiki -

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This might have to be an amendment, in which case, meh. Too much work for a minor change. *waves hand dismissively* Tongue

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 06:08:57 PM »

Introducing on behalf of the administration -

The Homeowners Protection Bill:

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 10:26:50 AM »

I will co-sponsor Senator Nix's above resolution.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 12:31:48 PM »

Trial, Not Turnout AmendmentSad
Whereas it is my belief that impeachment proceedings should be subject to somber trial, not to to which political machine has the more sophisticated turnout operation -

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 12:34:08 PM »

By all means. Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 02:27:38 PM »

This is an idea Senator Nix and I were discussing a while back, and I see our former colleague Marokai has proposed the same in his campaign thread - rest assured we/I didn't steal it! Wink

Nonetheless,

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 02:32:11 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2013, 12:16:56 PM by Senator Oakvale »

Some useful Senate procedure - this may not be necessary, but I've noticed cases where we've had to include fixings of misspellings in amendments to bills and so on.

I may stick this in an OSPR amendment at some point.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 12:56:11 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2013, 04:39:12 PM by Senator Oakvale »

Since I think it makes more sense to have a President's nominee succeed him whenever possible, under the assumption that the people have elected the President and trust his judgement -

[/quote]

e: Edited text.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 04:58:46 PM »

Emergency edit - I hope we can rush this through.

[quote]

TRIAL, NOT TURNOUT AMENDMENT

Trial, Not Turnout Amendment

Article 1, Section 2, Clauses 3, 4, and 5 of the Constitution is hereby amended to read the following:

3. Upon completion of the hearing, the Senate shall be impaneled as a grand jury to consider these Articles of Impeachment; In considering these Articles, the Chief Justice shall preside, unless it is his own impeachment, in which case the President of the Senate shall preside. A 60% majority vote of the Senate under quorum rules will be necessary to impeach the Officer and subsequently initiate a public poll to try the impeachment, while an 80% vote of the Senate under quorum rules shall not require a public poll to be tried.

4. In the event that less than 80% but at least a 60% majority of the Senate votes to impeach, The People shall have sole power to try such impeachments. The Chief Justice shall administer a public poll to try the impeachment, unless it is the Chief Justice who shall have been impeached, in which case the Senate President pro tempore shall administer the public poll. The public poll shall be held for seventy-two hours and shall require the consent of a majority voting to convict. Citizens shall make their vote publicly known in the form of a post.

5. Upon conviction by the People, or by 80% of the Senate voting in the affirmative, the officer shall be removed from office immediately. Any person convicted upon impeachment shall be disqualified from holding any office under the Republic of Atlasia for a time period explicitly specified in the Articles of Impeachment.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 06:06:54 PM »

This actually easily passed the Senate last year before being tragically struck down by the Supreme Court since at that point it was a simple law and it was found that an amendment was required to change department names.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 03:53:35 AM »

The law needs to reflect the reality that real life should - and always will - take priority over an election game. It's disappointing that Torie and BK forgot to post formal leaves of absences, if hardly unprecedented, but it's also ridiculous to suggest we automatically fire two extraordinarily talented public servants for,  respectively, being absent to study for the bar exam and being absent while visiting family during the holidays.

Sometimes Atlasia has to work around real life.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 12:53:37 PM »

Hi Mr. Deputy Attorney General,

"Rulings" refer to the judgement of the Court issued in a ruling on a lawsuit, rather than the sentencing in a trial, where only one judge presides. The other two judges do not - and constitutionally must not - intervene in the process, since appeals are referred to the entire Court. As such, it would actually be bizarre and improper for Justice Torie to have commented on either trial. I believe your interpretation of the law is thus invalid.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2015, 02:38:51 PM »

I motion for the expulsion of Senators NC Yankee, Lumine, Cris, Truman and PiT for making a mockery of the Senate's confirmation process.

I urge all right-thinking Senators to sign the motion.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2015, 03:25:27 PM »

[quote]

Regional Economic Sovereignty Amendment

The Constitution is amended as follows -

Article I

Section 5: Powers of the Senate

To lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the Regions of the Republic of Atlasia and the District of Columbia..

Section 7

No Region may issue Coin or Currency or make any Coin or Currency other than that of the Republic of Atlasia a legal tender.

No Region shall, without the Consent of the Senate, lay any Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing its inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties, laid by any Region on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the Republic of Atlasia; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Control of the Senate.

No Region shall, without the Consent of the Senate, lay any Duty of Tonnage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies