Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:09:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 314498 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: March 06, 2009, 12:42:32 AM »

I ask that this bill be brought forth immediatley and put into the Emergency slot:

Resolution Regarding Constitutional Amendments

1.) No senator shall propose a constitutional amendment until the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention
2.) No constitutional amendments shall be voted upon until the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention

I agree with the Bill in principal, however I believe it should be slightly re-written. As it stands, it could conceivably extend to a Senator proposing a constitutional amendment at the ConCon as it doesn't specifically refer to amendments being proposed only within the Senate. Perhaps instead we could move:

1. That this Senate shall not debate constitutional amendments for the duration of the Constitutional Convention.
2. That this Senate shall not vote on proposed constitutional amendments until the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies