Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:52:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 312923 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 20, 2006, 06:34:35 PM »

Where do I put consitutional amendment suggestions? Here?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 04:32:03 PM »

Yes please!  Anything to interrupt the monotonous stream of bilateral free trade bills!

Thats an exetremely good point you make. I have one more question before I do though:

Does Bono V. Atlasia II still stand relevant? i.e., can the senate still not pass a minimum wage law for the nation? Can it still not run certain means of production?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 04:34:43 PM »

Yes please!  Anything to interrupt the monotonous stream of bilateral free trade bills!

Thats an exetremely good point you make. I have one more question before I do though:

Does Bono V. Atlasia II still stand relevant? i.e., can the senate still not pass a minimum wage law for the nation? Can it still not run certain means of production?

This is not the place for asking questions, the debate thread is. This is just for introducing amendments.
Eh, I dont feel like re-typing it, so Ill just skip it. Thanks for telling me for future reference though.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 01:22:43 AM »

My time in the senate runs thin sadly, but I have gotten a chance to all the cool stuff a senator gets to do. That is, all but one: introduce a bill. Cheesy

Delicious Symbols of Atlasia Act

1. The Senate hereby declares New York Style cheesecake the official food of Atlasia, and Chef salad the assistant official food of Atlasia.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 06:07:45 AM »

Restriction of Child Labor Bill

Section 1: Applicability
1. This statute shall only apply in the District of Columbia and in federal territories which do not form part of any region.

Section 2: Definitions
1. The following definitions shall apply throughout this statute:
a.) A "school day" is defined as a day that contains more than two hours of classroom instruction.
b.) A "school week" is defined as any week (beginning noon Sunday) that contains two or more school days.
c.) "Work" is defined as receiving financial compensation for services rendered.

Section 3: Minors aged 15 to 17
1. Minors aged fifteen to seventeen years may not:
a.) Work more than 40 hours in a non-school week, and no more than 25 hours in a school week.
b.) Work more than 8 hours in a non-school day, and no more than 5 hours in a school day.
c.) Work more than 6 days in a non-school week, and no more than 4 days in a school week.

Section 4: Children aged less than 15
1. Employment of children aged less than fifteen years is prohibited, except those over the age of 13 years, who may work only as a newspaper carrier, and for no more than 10 hours in a week.

Section 5: Hours of Work
1. Employment of any person under the age of eighteen years between the hours of midnight and 6 a.m. is prohibited.

Section 6: Type of Employment
1. Employment of minors in any place that sells alcohol, except a supermarket or other general provisions store, is prohibited.
2. Employment of minors in work that requires the use of heavy machinery is prohibited.
3. The Secretary of the Treasury may additionally prohibit employment of minors in certain jobs that it considers hazardous as he or she finds necessary.

Section 7: Penalties
1. Any employer in violation of Sections 3, 5 or 6 shall be fined between $500 and $100 for each infraction.
2. Any employer in violation of Section 4 shall be fined between $2000 and $10000 for each infraction.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 11:06:04 PM »

Creation of a National Public Radio Bill

1. The President, when applicants are available, shall appoint a Head of the National Public Radio Station.
2. The position is responsible for recording events that happen in Atlasia without bias or opinion.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 10:49:52 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2007, 10:55:18 PM by Senator Speed of Sound »

Re-enforcement of Diplomacy Act

Section 1: Upgrading the Department of External Affairs

1. The government shall double the current money given to the Dept. of External Affairs.

2. This money may only be used to build and maintain embassies in amicable nations, hire diplomats, and run language classes for government officials.

Section 2: Upgrading Public Understanding

1. Foreign Language shall now be considered a major class in High School, equal in importance to Math, Social Studies, Science, and English. All requirements for the latter four shall now be applied to Foreign Language.

2. Students may choose the language of their choice form those able to be offered by the school.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 02:04:33 PM »

Second November-December Act
7 December, 2007 is hereby renamed 31 November, 2007.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 08:41:55 PM »

Alignment with Empiricism Bill

Section 1: Abstinence
No funds from the federal government shall go towards any sexual education curriculum that promotes any of the following beliefs as true or scientifically legitimate:
1.) the process of terminating a pregnancy is sinful according to any religious beliefs.
2.) the trait of homosexuality or bisexuality is an entirely conscious choice and/or is strange, unnatural, or sinful.
3.) the participation in homosexual sex acts is sinful, wrong, or unnatural.
4.) the proper use of contraceptive devices including but not limited to condoms is grossly ineffective in preventing pregnancy or sexually transmitted infections.
5.) engaging in sexual activity before marriage with proper precautions is immoral or sinful.
6.) males and females should limit themselves to careers which have historically been associated with masculine and feminine roles, respectively.

Section 2: Biology
No funds from the federal government shall go towards any scientific education curriculum that promotes any of the following beliefs as true or scientifically legitimate:
1.) the status of biological evolution as a scientific theory is somehow different or set apart from that of other scientific theories such as gravity or relativity.
2.) fossil evidence for biological macroevolution is largely inaccurate or misinterpreted by mainstream scientists, or presents a picture that contradicts with biological evolutionary theory.
3.) radioactive carbon dating is always inaccurate or scientifically unreliable.
4.) the age of the earth is less than ten thousand years.
5.) the origins of the universe and of life on earth are scientifically explained by religious texts or creeds.
6.) the complexity of certain types of life on earth are of such a magnitude that they present valid evidence for that of a higher power or "intelligent designer."
7.) the trait of homosexual behavior does not exist within the animal kingdom outside of humans.
8.) creation theories are valid within the scientific method.
9.) the Second Law of Thermodynamics disproves the Big Bang.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 09:16:52 PM »

I hereby withdraw the Second November-December Act
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 02:13:46 PM »

I also withdraw the Alignment with Empiricism Bill, since it was apparantly passed without me knowing it earlier this year.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 10:04:15 PM »

Over-Development Balance Act

Section 1: Findings

We have found that:

1. Developers are building houses at an extremely fast rate.
2. These new houses are creating budget problems for the local school district.

Section 2: Impact Fees

1. For the purpose of this bill, 'development' is defined as a collection of houses recognized as a loosely connected community.
2. To combat school budgeting problems, all developers will pay an impact on all homes in developments.
3. A developer will pay for the estimated school enrollment for 2 years at the local school district for the average amount of children (as calculated by the Census) for every house in the development.
4. The money will be added straight to the schoolboard's budget for the following Fiscal Year.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 01:37:44 PM »

Alignment with Territory Policy Act

1. The senate recognizes that disorganization in regional bill introduction and the constitution's limits on the senate as blockades to universal improvement of our nation.

2. Any bill the senate passes in a session that:
a) affects only DC and the territories
b) does so because of constitutional limits on it affecting the regions
Will be placed on a regional ballot in every region at the end of the session, to be voted on by the citizens of each region.
3. If passed by any region, it will take immediate effect in that region.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 11:54:45 PM »

F-22 Catch 22 Act

1. F.L. 4-1: F-22 Act is hereby repealed
2. The remaining money allocated to F.L. 4-1: F-22 Act shall be used soley for the purpose of reducing the national debt.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 11:22:48 PM »

I would be prepared to immediately move the reasonably necessary funds which this bill would request and join the Governor in asking this bill to be moved through the Senate with haste; lives are at stake, Senators.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies