Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:16:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 313473 times)
rpryor03
Bahamas

« on: December 20, 2014, 12:08:27 PM »

ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST ASSOCIATE JUSTICE TORIE
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Having failed to participate in two consecutive rulings (Atlasia v. Hifly15, Atlasia v. Alfred F. Jones), an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly

Best regards,
Deputy Attorney General RPryor
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 08:36:34 PM »

ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST ASSOCIATE JUSTICE TORIE

It is with a very heavy heart that I place this before the Senate for consideration. Justice Torie is a friend and has been for a very long time. It is clear, that at a time of considerable work for the Court, Justice Torie has not been able to be communicated with by fellow Justices. This includes him being called to preside in the trial of a sitting regional governor. The Supreme Court is a team, and I believe Justice Torie has let his active and engaged colleagues down.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=post;quote=4416897;topic=203653.0;num_replies=7;sesc=f19be817dbe10411498af49fd042d300

I am not basing this call based purely on not making two rulings (therefore an automatic set of proceedings), but due to his long-term issue of not being publicly active in relation to issues of the Court, despite having a presence in other forums. As well as his inability to respond to request to undertake his responsibilities both as a presiding justice as well as not being a participant in regular Court work.

In accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, I submit this for the attention of the Chief Justice and for the endorsement of fellow Senators.

I thank Senator Polnut for introducing this. I fully agree.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 09:38:54 AM »

Allowing For Easier Constitutional Conventions Amendment

1. Article vii, Section 2 of the Third Atlasian Constitution shall be amended to read:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 03:41:58 PM »

I also move to co-sponsor.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 04:17:55 PM »

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST VICE PRESIDENT NIX

Given that he had fled the country in the middle of national crisis and engaged in active actions to overthrow the Republic, he had clearly failed at his solemn oath to preserve, protect and defend the constitution of the Republic of Atlasia and is no longer fit to serve the office.

Therefore, Vice President Nix shall hereby be impeached and removed from office by the Senate of Atlasia.
I move to co-sponsor.
I also move to co-sponsor.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 09:09:29 AM »

Recognition Procedure Act of 2015

1. No diplomatic recognition shall be extended by the President without advise and consent from the Senate
2. The Executive Order 14 is nullified

I co-sponsor
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 09:36:39 AM »

Not a fan of this overly legalistic setup, but I motion for the expulsion of Cassius and New Canadaland from the Senate for missing over two weeks without any indication as to why.

I second.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies