Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:21:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 314363 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« on: September 17, 2006, 04:04:52 PM »

Could someone introduce this for me?

Atlasia Revitalization Act

1. The Vice President, the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, one Governor as chosen by all five, and two citizens appoints by the President shall make up the Atlasian Revitalization Committee.

2. The purpose of the said committee shall be to research and draw up a comprehensive plan in order to revitalize Atlasia through new citizens and more active participation in ways including but not limited to the following: advertising on other political forums, relations with other micronations, and restructuring Atlasia to create a more fun atmosphere.

3. The Atlasian Revitalization Committee shall deliver its findings to the Senate of Atlasia.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 04:52:42 PM »

TD, because you are in my district, I will formally introduce the legislation for you..... I have made a minor revision or two, but have not changed the spirit of the bill.

Atlasia Revitalization Act

1. The Vice President, the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, one Governor as chosen out of the five, and two citizens appointed by the President shall make up the Atlasian Revitalization Committee.

2. The purpose of the said committee shall be to research and draw up a comprehensive plan in order to revitalize Atlasia through new citizens and more active participation in ways including but not limited to the following: advertising on other political forums, relations with other micronations,  to create a better atmosphere for all.

3. The Atlasian Revitalization Committee shall deliver its findings to the Senate of Atlasia. Upon which time, the Senate will deliberate on the committee's findings, and designate a proper solution.

Could this be moved to the top?  I believe it's pretty urgent, plus it's forum affairs legislation.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 07:53:58 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2007, 07:55:55 PM by True Democrat »

Could someone introduce this for me?

Atlasian-United States Relations Exploration Act

1. Upon the passage of this bill, the United States Relations Commission shall be created with the following guidelines:
     a. The said commission shall be composed of the following:
            i. One member of the executive branch, as chosen by the President, with the possibility of the President himself,
           ii. Two members of the Senate, as chosen by the Senate at large, to be determined by a first past the post system of voting in the Senate with the top two recipients of votes being elected to serve on the commission,
          iii. One member of the Supreme Court, with the members of the Supreme Court choosing its representive in the same manner as the Senate,
          iv. One governor, as chosen by the governors as a whole by a first past the post system identical to the one used to elect the representatives from the Senate, and
         v. Two other citizens of Atlasia chosen the President, with no requirements on holding or not holding office for any of these citizens.
     b. The said commission shall elect a President and a Vice President to guide debate.
     c. In addition to the inclusion of a President and Vice President, the commission shall create its own rules and procedures and debate, including entertaining statements by citizens of Atlasia who are not members of the Commission and asking other citizens to appear for question and answer sessions.
     d. The primary goal of the said commission shall be to provide a comprehensive policy to the Senate on the possible recognition of the United States, with the topics including the following, but no limited to:
         i. Recognition of the United States,
         ii. Divergence from actual history,
         iii. The budget of Atlasia with regard to the United States,
         iv. The role of the Game Moderator, and
         v. The population, power, and status of Atlasia if it were to recognize the United States
     e. The Commission shall create a final report on its findings on the said issues to present to the Senate.
     f. The report of the commission shall not become law, but shall be used by the Senate for future consideration on this issue.

I'm a bit long winded, so if someone wants to clean up the bill a bit, that would be great.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies