Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:35:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 311059 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: July 03, 2015, 01:55:37 AM »

The way this is going to play out, is sooner or later people are going to accept what it means to have a "freakin game god", or the game itself is dead. There is no middle ground, because otherwise you have a bunch of people, bullsh...ting into a vacuum and every election is basically a popularity contest with no dynamic aspect or interaction with a stream of events whatsoever. Basically what we have had, only worse.

Kalwejt was the best Game Moderator this game has ever had, and he was run out of office. Good job guys. So no we are not going to abolish the game moderator. And why don't you find a way to give some purpose to your current job unless you are unintentionally driving it down the same road. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1726 on: July 03, 2015, 01:56:35 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1727 on: July 05, 2015, 07:47:04 PM »

The way this is going to play out, is sooner or later people are going to accept what it means to have a "freakin game god", or the game itself is dead. There is no middle ground, because otherwise you have a bunch of people, bullsh...ting into a vacuum and every election is basically a popularity contest with no dynamic aspect or interaction with a stream of events whatsoever. Basically what we have had, only worse.

Kalwejt was the best Game Moderator this game has ever had, and he was run out of office. Good job guys. So no we are not going to abolish the game moderator. And why don't you find a way to give some purpose to your current job unless you are unintentionally driving it down the same road. Tongue

Huh? I singlehandedly talked down a terrorist who was set to destroy half of Atlasia and kill millions in a nuclear holocaust. That alone makes me one of the most significant VPs in Atlasian history.

Keep bandying around your proposal to suspend freedom of speech for the sake of your so-called God, though. I'm sure that's just what this game is missing: illiberal, right-wing religious fanaticism!

There has to be a balancing act with the GM, Nix. But, the GM has to have the freedom to operate and constantly driving them out is only making the position's failure a self-fullfilling prophecy.

I have never called for a suspension of free speech. What I am calling for is the realization of the importance of the GM's independence and the need for him to have the support necessary to get things done. Riley did have a point about their not being enough consequences from the GM for the ridiculous policies in this game. I would much prefer a crazy GM hammering down the crazy legislation with reality, then letting things continue to be roses and daisies, pass whatever you want and it never matters.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1728 on: July 06, 2015, 03:59:50 PM »

Improve Our Wiki Act of 2015

1. The Attorney General shall no longer be responsible for updating the statute page.
2. The position of a National Archivist shall be created.
3. The National Archivist shall be nominated by the President and be a subject of confirmation by the Senate.
4. The National Archivist shall be responsible for updating the statute page, main page, as well as all info on federal institutions.
5. The National Archivist shall be allowed to serve concurrently at any other position, federal or regional, with exception of President, Game Moderator, Registrar General and Secretary of Federal Elections.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1729 on: July 06, 2015, 04:01:09 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2015, 03:48:57 PM by Senator Kalwejt »

Continuity of Government Act of 2015

1. Shall the position of Game Moderator ever fell vacant or shall she or he take a leave of absence, the Secretary of Internal Affairs shall discharge the duties of the office in the matters of domestic policy.
2. During the same period of time, the Secretary of External Affairs shall discharge the duties of the office in the matters of foreign and military policies.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1730 on: July 09, 2015, 02:29:56 PM »

2015 Amnesty Resolution

The Senate of the Republic of Atlasia, wishing to contribute to the process of achieving a national recociliation, and to help healing the woulds that are still scaring this great Union of ours, is respectfully asking the President to use his constitutional powers and:
1. Commute sentences imposed upon those convicted for their action during the Atlasian Civil War of 2014 to time served.
2. Grant preemptively a full pardon for all crimes that might have been committed during the Pacific Crisis.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1731 on: July 10, 2015, 09:38:54 AM »

Allowing For Easier Constitutional Conventions Amendment

1. Article vii, Section 2 of the Third Atlasian Constitution shall be amended to read:

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1732 on: July 10, 2015, 09:48:38 AM »

Allowing For Easier Constitutional Conventions Amendment

1. Article vii, Section 2 of the Third Atlasian Constitution shall be amended to read:

I'd like to co-sponsor this amendment with you, if you want.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1733 on: July 11, 2015, 05:25:30 AM »

Vice Presidential Election Amendment

The Constitution is hereby amended:

The President and Vice President shall be elected separately at the same time and using the same process.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1734 on: July 18, 2015, 11:48:33 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2015, 03:07:33 PM by Senator Cris »

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1735 on: July 18, 2015, 11:59:45 AM »

Here, Here
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1736 on: July 18, 2015, 03:10:03 PM »

I move to co-sponsor.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1737 on: July 18, 2015, 03:12:39 PM »

"Hear, hear", you mean.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1738 on: July 18, 2015, 03:17:01 PM »

That's what I meant, sorry Governor I was on mobile
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1739 on: July 18, 2015, 03:26:08 PM »

Cool, my first impeachment hearings!
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #1740 on: July 18, 2015, 03:41:58 PM »

I also move to co-sponsor.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1741 on: July 18, 2015, 03:49:18 PM »

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST VICE PRESIDENT NIX

Given that he had fled the country in the middle of national crisis and engaged in active actions to overthrow the Republic, he had clearly failed at his solemn oath to preserve, protect and defend the constitution of the Republic of Atlasia and is no longer fit to serve the office.

Therefore, Vice President Nix shall hereby be impeached and removed from office by the Senate of Atlasia.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1742 on: July 18, 2015, 04:17:19 PM »

Given that he had fled the country in the middle of national crisis and engaged in active actions to overthrow the Republic, he had clearly failed at his solemn oath to preserve, protect and defend the constitution of the Republic of Atlasia and is no longer fit to serve the office.

Therefore, Vice President Nix shall hereby be impeached and removed from office by the Senate of Atlasia.
I move to co-sponsor.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #1743 on: July 18, 2015, 04:17:55 PM »

I move to co-sponsor.
I also move to co-sponsor.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1744 on: July 18, 2015, 04:27:18 PM »

For the record, I have not "engaged in active actions to overthrow the Republic" and I am somewhat mystified by the accusation. Leaving the country is not an impeachable offense.
If you are the Vice President, leaving the country in difficult times is an offense. But Justice Bgwah will open a thread soon to discuss of it. This is not the right place.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1745 on: July 18, 2015, 04:33:51 PM »

For the record, I have not "engaged in active actions to overthrow the Republic" and I am somewhat mystified by the accusation. Leaving the country is not an impeachable offense.

If you are the Vice President, leaving the country in difficult times is an offense. But Justice Bgwah will open a thread soon to discuss of it. This is not the right place.

A convenient fiction. The charges are frivolous and politically motivated.
Same with the ones being brought against me.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1746 on: July 18, 2015, 10:43:19 PM »

I demand that the Articles of Impeachment that have been introduced against both Vice President Nix and Attorney General Al be removed from the Senate queue. These are frivolous pieces of legislation with no real merit.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1747 on: July 18, 2015, 11:24:19 PM »

I demand that the Articles of Impeachment that have been introduced against both Vice President Nix and Attorney General Al be removed from the Senate queue. These are frivolous pieces of legislation with no real merit.

It is the constitutional right of the actual Senators to offer these resolutions.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1748 on: July 18, 2015, 11:28:48 PM »

It is the constitutional right of the actual Senators to offer these resolutions.

Last I checked, I was an actual Senator, not a disgraced failure currently indicted for treason.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1749 on: July 18, 2015, 11:39:48 PM »

Last I checked, I was an actual Senator, not a disgraced failure currently indicted for treason.

You are not an actual Senator, unless you resign your tenure as Governor and win election or appointment by your successor to a vacant senate seat.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies